“Beautiful and relaxing place to stay”

Sunset Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Pantai Cenang
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed only for couple nights there. It is a beautiful and relaxing place. Simple, but provide all the basic. Breakfast is good, right next to the beach. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Great value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We were there last January and stayed for 2 nights. We had the room which is the nearest to the beach and quite happy with it. Our 3 years old son who has his first time on the beach love the place do much.

The bathroom are spacious with basic amenities, mattress are old and not very comfortable but for a shot stay I thought it wouldn't kill my back. On the second day, the air conditioning unit is leaking the water but the maintainance staff repaired it in less than an hour.

The resort serve only breakfast, the food wasn't great but if you willing to get there early you might get the best seat which is practically to right on the beach. My son and I enjoy the walk along the beach early in the morning.

If you are in Langkawi to enjoy the beach I guess you'll be happy with this place, the duty free complex, restaurants, shops and everything is just a walking distance.

I recomment this place if you prefer simplicity over luxurious decor. We paid only RM280/night and I thought it is reasonable for the room we stayed in and the overall experience.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Zafery Z
Reviewed February 13, 2014

It was a relaxing place to stay, back to nature with beautiful sunset views from the resort. The resort is also located along the shopping streets of pantai tengah, with walking distance to the Underwater World Langkawi.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank CherylChanWS
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The location is great. Direct access to a beautiful beach, close to the airport and tons of shops and restaurants.
The rooms on the other hand are average. Clean but nothing special. The Wifi only near the reception and dramatically slow.
The breakfast mediocre. Two eggs per person, two kinds of cereals, toasts, butter, marmalade and fresh fruits.
Certainly overpriced as probably every hotel on Langkawi.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank grubi01
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed at this resort for almost a week as a solo traveler. Although I truly enjoyed my stay and I am thankful to the great staff for creating a relaxing atmosphere during my stay there are a couple of things that can be still improved.

Location: although it's on the main street with a hundred of bars/restaurants nearby you don't feel like you're in the "center of action" as the hotel is sort of secluded. Due to the Balinese-style gardens you feel like you live in the middle of jungle because all you can hear is birds and other sorts of animals. I am a city girl, so it was almost overwhelming to me and sometimes I wish I heard some noise coming from the busy street nearby. That being said, if you're looking for a complete relaxation and you're a nature lover - it's perfect.

Rooms: I stayed at the cheapest one (Sunset 3) but honestly it was a really good room. I have no particular complaints except for: 1) for some reason I didn't have hot water throughout my stay (the heater didn't seem to work) but I didn't really care that much as it was HOT in there anyway; 2) had some drain worms coming out of my shower once in a while, which was disgusting but manageable; 3) TV had only a few channels and none of them in English. I know I didn't go there to watch TV but when you're a solo traveler you may get lonely sometimes and watching a funny tv show/movie would help. Other than that it was great, they cleaned my room every day and gave new towels. NO toiletries - bring your own/buy at a local shop.

Breakfast: simple but great. It wasn't a big breakfast (eggs, cereal, bread, jams, noodles & lots of fruits) but it was really enough. It's not like I eat steak for breakfast while at home anyway, so I am not sure what do other people expect when it comes to breakfast? The beach view while having my breakfast was amazing. I absolutely loved it.

Beach: private beach, which means less people, quiet and nice. It wasn't a perfectly clean beach but the fact that it was almost empty was definitely a plus. I went to a public beach once just to see how it looks like and was truly grateful for not having to go there ever again (super busy).

WiFi: Only at the reception, which was quite annoying. I know I know you shouldn't care about such things while on a holiday but then again when you travel alone you may get a little lonely (esp. when you're surrounded by families/honeymooners) and having wifi at my room would have been a great touch. A lot of people seemed to be frustrated about that too.

Management: those ladies were very nice and they call you by first name, which is quite nice. They helped me to book a trip, get a taxi and etc., so no complaints. Check-in was smooth.

Overall, my advice for management would be: 1) sort out booking system as booking via email/phone is neither safe nor convenient; 2) wifi at rooms; 3) TV with at least one English channel. That's it. So simple and easy yet it would improve everyone's experience at the hotel.

P.S. I think this hotel is best for families or couples (very romantic). Great sunset views!

Room Tip: Closer to the beach :)
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank pioneeringventures
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here. Good value for money in chalet-style accomodation. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was fairly simple but did the job. Loo wasn't working properly but when I reported it was fixed immediately. Wifi only in reception area but that's not the end of the world. Beach location FANTASTIC. Breakfasting overlooking the sea. Had a great time here and would thoroughly recommend.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank horsforthhe
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Overall lovely place. Very good location by the beach. Amenities are basic but that's ok if you want an island getaway.

Food options are limited but there are many restaurants around. Suggest to refurbish a little and add more facilities and it will be perfect. Not intended for family with kids as there's nothing much to do.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Padang Mat Sirat
Adya Hotel Langkawi
Adya Hotel Langkawi
#1 of 17 in Kuah

Been to Sunset Beach Resort? Share your experiences!