“Value for money”
Review of AB Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pantai Cenang
AB Motel
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Pantai Cenang
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We read a lot of negative reviews on this hotel so were cautious on booking here. On arrival we checked the room before confirming our stay. We were pleasantly surprised. We had a room on the beach with 2 double beds, a fridge, a patio and a clean bathroom for around $20AUD a night. We loved it! Would we go back, defnately!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sheljay

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed roadside as it was cheaper but beach was 30 seconds away so made no difference to us. Rooms big and clean with hot water. TV has no English channels but we weren't there to watch tv and only wanted a bed to sleep in. Fridge in room which was nice, a little pricey perhaps for traveller budget but great value for money really especially if you don't want to stay in a dorm.

Also there is no pool or fitness enter but I can't take these bits off now...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sarah o
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Its the second time n it does fail to impress you.. A chick hotel aid clean washrooms n every thing at stones throw... Pretty near to the beach.. You get WiFi near the reception. The ride counter near the hotel entrance is indeed the cheapest(also owned by the same Ppl) . taxi stand is just in the front . if you are looking for cheap Indian food. Check out tomato nasi kandar Abt half km from this place... Will definitely go back..

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vigneshwar V
Reviewed November 19, 2013

After being a silent reader for the past 2 years, I think I should start to contribute my thoughts here. Hope it helps :)

Stayed here for 3 nights with elderly & kids last July 2013. The mattress was quite old. But surprisingly their bed sheet & blanket were super clean. Warm shower & air conditioner worked perfectly. No kettle provided in the room but you can always get the hot & warm water in front of the receptionist. Iron & iron board also were provided in a room that located beside the receptionist counter too. You can always ask whether to stay at room near to the beach or across the road. We purposely choose room across the road to avoid noise since I brought along elderly & kids.

Parking facility also provided & the most important thing is the motel located in a strategic location where you can get your basic needs for few walking steps. Located near to Cenang Mall, Mc Donald's, Underwaterworld & so many restaurants for you to try.

Worth for what you pay.

Room Tip: Choose room across the road. Cheaper & quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank cikalzan
Reviewed October 18, 2013

A very strategic location to stay at. It is just a few walking steps to the Pantai Cenang. The motel facilities were worth the money - two double beds (I went with 7 friends, so that makes 2 rooms - and we managed to obtain joined rooms), warm shower, air-conditioner (the weather at Malaysia is pretty warm, so an air-conditioner is very important), TV with local channels. I also requested them to give me a clean room before I went there - and they did it. Although the environment doesn't look nice, but I don't really mind it.
My judging parameters are not so high as long as I get to have comfortable place to sleep during my travel. But for sure and definitely - this motel is a brilliant choice for budget travelers!

Room Tip: Personally prefer rooms nearest to the beach possible.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kent P
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Everyone has expectations for accommodation. Nonetheless, some people are just greedy to expect 5 stars facilities, services for 0.5 star price.

I have stayed AB Motel for 3 times, and recently it was my best experience, because I was lucky enough to have a room with all facilities working. I have to agree with some comments that the aircon/hot shower/TV are not working very well. So it's your luck as well. But hey, this is Malaysia, you don't need hot water to survive the 10 minutes shower. You don't need a TV in a vacation anyway. GO OUT THE BEACH.

You can't get anything better with the price you pay for, yet once you step out from your door, you are already at the center of the Cenang Beach.

I would recommend people to come to AB Motel, if you don't have those 5 stars 3rd class mentality. Service has been improved as well. They even gave me and my friends free shower and storage after check out time. FREE of charge. Tell me which motel would do that?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank freedom8613
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've stayed there for 3 days/2nights for the second time recently, because of it's location. The room was clean and everything was functioning. However, the provided towels are as hard as stones. For a price of 100 RM you can expect better once. The most annoying part are the guests from the other rooms. Young people from the Middle East, who celebrated their parties all night long. I informed the receptionist about it, but no action were taken. Definitely my last stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Best Star Resort
Best Star Resort
#14 of 16 in Pantai Cenang
Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi

Been to AB Motel? Share your experiences!