All reviewscats and dogsblue gingeranimal shelternam restaurantyellow orchidmalay houseson stiltslove catspalm villaan animal lovercat sanctuarymosquito netmod consfriendly catsair conevery eveningpeace and quiet
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Had a wonderful holiday at Bon Ton, great staff and the villas are beautiful. Langkawi was a nice island, but has a big rubbish problem which was sad to see. We stayed in Laguna Villa which is right next to the lagoon and is definitely the best for views and privacy.

The restaurant was fantastic, overall I dont think the prices were too steep either. Definitely a place for cat lovers - I wouldnt recommend it if you dislike them as they are everywhere. Despite the amount of cats the staff are very viligant about keeping the grounds tidy although I always kept an eye on the ground if walking across the grass!

The newer Templetree is very impressive and you can go between the 2, using the amenities at both.

I think the only let down for us was the amount of children there during our stay. Given the size of the resort and the distance from the beach I had hoped there wouldnt be many if any. Due to the small sizes of the pools (1 at bonton and 2 at templetree) it was hard to relax on the deckchairs or have a quiet dip when it was full of children and toys. I think parents with small children should look at different places if only for the other guests! Aside from that it was an amazing experience, I will definitely be back one day.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank jillkj08
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Bon Ton's the Best! Ever!

Environment - View is relaxing, certain laid back feeling in it + its animal friendly, the cats they have are great entertainment & relax pals to have roaming around! They also know who lives where and will guide you back, if you return late in the dark, KAWAII!!

Service - Friendly, good!
In fact, best I've ever encountered, all the staff wears smiles on their faces, naturally! Assisted us with choice of transport, spa, food & places to go.
There are 6 traditionally dressed chamber ladies carrying baskets to clean up each house, our's the biggest, cahaya. (opening & closing of windows alone takes a person 10 mins, tt's how big cahaya is!)

Food - Fresh bread, pies & cakes, milk, yogurt, makes satisfying breakfast every morning.
Free flow coffee, 3 different choices of tea.

Room - Haiz... Still dreaming of it today.... Dreaming of going back there when I have a chance to!
120+ years old village head house, Cahaya's huge!
The rooms are unique, tastefully done! warmth & comfortable!
Fully equipped.
Great baths... I never wanted to leave!

Definitely an rewinding experience not to be missed.

Keep up the good work Bon Ton!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sati1981
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I thoroughly recommend this hotel - the service was brilliant and friendly, the huts beautiful and the food delicious. We were there for a week on our honeymoon and would love to go back soon.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2009

My husband and I recently had a week's stay at Bon Ton Resort in Palm House. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about our experience.
The rooms were unique with the interiors being beautifully decorated in eclectic chic style. If you are looking for slick, modern style accommodation, this is definitely not for you. For example, the shower water falls through the floorboards to a collecting area below the house. There are shutters all around the house (no glass windows - and no problems with mosquitoes /bugs) which are closed at night by the staff and then you open them in the morning to welcome the day! We had our resident minor birds that perched themselves on the window sill each morning in the hope of gathering crumbs from our breakfast, along with our gorgeous cat who adopted us for the duration of our stay.
We received a friendly welcome and drinks from Amir on arrival. After that the management staff remained friendly, but allowed us our own space unless we made a request of some sort. They were then more than happy to help us - book a hire car, call a taxi, drive us into town, advise us on things to do, provide us with ice buckets for our evening drinks in our room etc.
We ate in the restuarant for three evening meals and weren't disappointed by the quality of food. It is somewhat pricey but comparable to other resort prices. The desserts are definitely a highlight!
I have read some criticism about the breakfasts, but we thought they were more than adequate. Nothing like the big resort hotels with their smorgasbord-style breakfasts! We loved the idea of rising at our leisure and then preparing and eating breakfast at our own pace without having to dress and join others for a communal experience. It consisted of lovely homemade breads/jams, juices, local fruits and plunger coffee and loose teas. We also loved the homemade cakes and slices that were left in our fridge to eat at our leisure during the day. A nice touch!
As guests staying at Bon Ton we were also able to use the facilities of Temple Tree resort next door. This is also a beautiful establishment where you can swim (two pools) or eat. We are thinking we may even stay there on our return journey as the houses look lovely too.
If you want a complete break, with the opportunity to relax in a quiet and unique setting, away from the big, sleek resorts with lots of people, then this is the place for you. We will certainly be back!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nino30
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I recently spent 3 nights at the Bon Ton on the recommendation of a friend. My wife and I were on our honeymoon and really enjoyed this place. We stayed in the yellow orchid, a typical malay house from the outside, a pretty mod con hotel from the inside with the charm of the malay housing built in. Loved the outdoor bathroom, loved the staff, loved the food, loved the pool area. Beware cat haters though cos this place is an animal sanctuary but we love cats. It is a very different experience from the Datai or Andaman at the north of the island, which we really enjoyed for many different reasons (big hotel, less personal but amazing beach). For me the Bon Ton is about relaxing in traditional calm environments. We found we stayed in the hotel area, ate in the hotel every night (which was odd for us as we never normally do that- but the quality was UK michelin star) and relaxed.

My advice would be book here for the R&R, food and quality of service (none of which can be beaten)...then head north for beaches where they cant be matched on this side of the island.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple