All reviewscats and dogsblue gingeranimal shelternam restaurantyellow orchidmalay houseson stiltslove catspalm villaan animal lovercat sanctuaryyogurtmosquito netmod consfriendly catsevery eveningpeace and quiet
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband and I decided to check out nam restaurant last night. Since we were forewarned about the cats (thanks to all reviewers) I was not too shocked upon arrival however was a bit concerned about levels of hygiene. The waitstaff were very polite and prompt. Mojitos tasted great but only comment was the drink was served in very small cups crammed with too many mint leaves and lime. Entrees of calamari and lobster tails were both fine but certainly nothing to write home about. I ordered the grill tasting plate and was very disappointed with the overcooked dry satay sticks accompanied by limp spinach sitting in runny yogurt. Despite the mediocrity of the food I was still enjoying the views of the restaurant. To top it off we didn't get to enjoy the desserts we ordered as I spent the next 15 minutes in the bathroom extremely sick. The manager knew that I was not feeling too well since we had to leave in a rush and not even touched our desserts he did not show any empathy and he left the desserts on the bill which my husband had paid in full for. We had been in langkawi for at least a week and Bon ton was the most expensive and sickening experience we had. It's not worth the hype it's received. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank Misslul
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed five nights in White Frangipani which is a beautiful Malay house over-looking the pool. Greeted at reception with a cold drink of our choice and it was made clear by the staff that anything you wanted(trips/car hire/restaurant bookings) would be no problem to arrange. We loved our unusual accommodation which was very spacious and well-equipped. We had a resident cat who stayed with us every night (and most days!) and having been not much of a cat person before, I truly am now! The house was clean and comfortable and the shower was great as you felt like you were almost having one outside. The outside bathtub was fabulous, and a relaxing soak reading a book in the evening was a great experience. Breakfast was filling and a good start to the day but we left some of the fruit and were just replenished with more each day so hopefully when we left that wasn't wasted. Bon Ton's situation is exquisite in that it is truly private and unique and the views from the decking/restaurant/reading house balcony are incredible as are the amazing sunsets. The pool was nice to dip into and cool off and fresh towels were available too although at some point, you'd probably get a little cat joining you which is nice! Iced water and snacks are also brought to you at points during the day too, always seemed to be timed just right when we were either needing a drink to cool us down or just a little bit peckish between lunch and dinner! The staff at Bon Ton made our stay so comfortable and were very discreet in their service; not too fussy, just right and were friendly and charming. If we were on a trip or just lounging by the pool, by 6-7pm a member of staff would pop into each of the houses, close the shutters and put on the mosquito coils which was a nice touch. We ate at Bon Ton's restaurant a number of times and found the food to be absolutely delicious and well worthy of the rave reviews they receive. We did head to Temple Tree for an evening meal one night but think most of the guests were over eating at Bon Ton so we headed back but have heard that the food there is equally as delicious. Overall, a wonderfully relaxing few days were had here and would definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Lovely intimate and romantic small resort with a friendly not fussy atmosphere.

If you want clinical 5* resort luxury, don't like the idea of being adopted by the cats or lizards and insects then this is not the place for you.

However if you want to relax and feel close to nature in a beautifully designed and stylish location and still be only a couple of minutes in a taxi from Pantai Cenang then Bon Ton / Temple tree is lovely.

The food in the restaurant is excellent as are the cocktails and touches like iced water round the pool.

2  Thank tomjbarnard
Reviewed September 21, 2011

The Bon Ton resort is a bit out from the main road and is inaccessible if you dont drive. But I understand that the resort provide transport to Pantai Cenang.
When we reached Bon Ton, we couldnt find the reception which is actually located behind the gift shop. I dont remember who attended to us and a welcome drink is served. The welcome drink is refreshing! I like the leaflet which was given to us as those recommended restaurants in Langkawi are listed here.
It would be good if there is a pathway from the restaurant to the huts. It was raining when we checked in and the grasses is muddy.
The room is quaint and unique. I like the colourful layout of the furniture in the room. The bed is too soft for us and a/c took a while to cool the room. I love the outdoor bathtub but the sundeck is quite dirty and we didnt use it. It's a special experience to bath in the outdoor and hearing the sound of the rain while bathing.
There is no WIFI in our room and we rented a DVD from the resort to watch at night, the variety of DVDs are limited though. We heard planes flying pass but it's alright as there are no flights late at night.
It a bit frightening when I went to the open air toilet at night and saw cats climbing on the wooden wall.
Nevertheless, my partner and I loved our stay here as we like being close to the nature. Bon Ton even emailed me a few days later saying "Thank you for our stayed". I like this personal touch.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

If you go to Kilim river in langkawi for mangrove trip you will see a fish farm, however if you go to Bon Ton resort you will live in lizards farm. Even you are a guest in Bon ton you have to host at least 10 lizards in your room and do not worry if you wake up in the morning and one has slept with you.

Pros:
* Old Malay house design.
* Location is near airport.

Cons:
* Honestly, this is not a 5 star and neither 4, this resort room "Yellow Orchid" cost about RM 530 per night with only marvelous names of cottages, I've visited in Langkawi many hotels (Sheraton, Danna, Berjaya, Mutiara Burau, Molek villa, etc) and I know the meaning of 5 star and 4 star.
* This 5 star hotel breakfast is just cost RM10-15 and they put it in your fridge to eat it in the morning as cold as the ice except the toast you can heat it, please see the pictures.
* You can see the cleanness of the room from outside, however if you look around your bed will see feces and excrement of your lizards (your room guests) please see pictures.
* No internet coverage and sometimes comes very week.
* This room for sleep only, No chairs for couple inside, if you want to set and relax go outside in hot noon.
* each cat from 20 cats in this resort want to enter your room compulsory.
* The air-condition cooling will gone through many holes unclosed cottage, be patient afternoon.

6  Thank Yazeed Y