....that make this place stand out from other hotels.Being a boutique hotel rather than a huge resort it means that you get looked after better and made to feel more special.
We opted for the Beachfront villa, which meant you literally walk out of the garden area and onto the beach, which with the white sandy beach and blue sea (and skies a lot of the time), it was certainly so much better than the concrete jungle back home.
The staff were always keen to help you out, even when we wanted to book some trips we just said where we wanted to go and when and they did the rest.
Lounging around the pool and beach during the day, you get ice cold water served all day, fresh fruit and home made ice creams, so you really don't have to move away from your sun lounger, apart from cooling of in the pool or sea.
On the last day we were not being picked up until 6pm, but we had to check out at 12pm. However as the new guests were not arriving until later on in the day we were able to hang on to our room for an extra couple of hours, meaning more time to enjoy the sun.
The only gripe we had was the presence of children at the resort. I know there is a small number of rooms set aside for young families, but there really shouldn't be any as the presence of 1 child is too much in what is supposed to be a romantic hotel. There were plenty of occassions we had to move away from the pool because of the screaming, shouting and constant jumping and diving into the pool. There were even occassions when kids were running and jumping into the hot tub and followed up by laughter from their parents
The hotel is located at one end of Cenang beach meaning you have everything on your doorstep, so Spas, restaurants and duty free shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang