I have lost count how many times we stayed at Casa del Mar, Just like other Casa del Mar veterans we are member of the Fish Club. Members of the Casa del Mar Fish Club have stayed more than a certain number of nights there; if I recollect correctly the number is 35 nights. Why are there so many returning guests at Casa del Mar? The reason is simple: All 5 point reviews are true. This beach hotel is an oasis of quietness where you can relax and listen to the surf and the birds. The rooms are nice and cosy; the staff is superb. I said all this in previous reviews; Casa del Mar is a shining star and one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The hotel manager Tom with his lieutenants Fauzi and Robert do a splendid job. We really have a coming home feeling when driving up to the hotel entrance in the transport from the airport. However, during this stay I am reviewing now I could not help noticing that some clouds are gathering above Casa del Mar, threatening the quiet paradise, what Casa del Mar is. And I am afraid that there is not much the management can do about this. The first cloud is the growing amount of budget hotels along Pantai Cenang. The guests of these hotels, with limited of no beach facilities tend to come to the north part of Pantai Cenang, where Casa del Mar is situated. They are probably attracted by the clean beach, which is maintained by Casa del Mar. Some years ago, the beach at Casa del Mar was very quiet, but this time there were many tourists, deploying their towels very close to the Casa del Mar sun beds, even encroaching on the hotel facilities. (See pictures). As Malaysian beach is always public, there is no real hotel owned beach, so there is not much to be done about this phenomenon. The second cloud is the nuisance, caused by external operators. This time there was a green and white boat, with a para sailing operation, of coarse moored in front of Casa del Mar. This boat is equipped with a very powerful sound installation; from time to time terrible disco noise (I refuse to call this music) would be blasting over the beach, disturbing everybody. Finally I want to remark about some guests I encountered. Here I have to step carefully, because every guest has his own perception of a good time, but during my previous visits I encountered many Fish Club members, which were also looking for quietness and were very considerate for the fellow guests, to be expected at Casa del Mar. This time some guests I encountered were less considerate than I could wish at a small hotel like Casa del Mar; sometimes it gave me the feeling of mass tourism. But having said all this, the stay at Casa del Mar was generally very rewarding and we have booked again for next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang