We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights during August 2013 as part of a holiday - my overall conclusion about this hotel is that it was very, very good. It is important to remember that this is basically a boutique hotel which has 34 rooms and hence the USP of this hotel is the staff. They are mega friendly and attentive to your every need: an example of this is that they will bring you drinks, hot towels and fruit while you lounge around the pool. Moreover, they make an active effort to talk to you - at many top-end hotels it seems to me that the staff are well drilled in delivering the best service they can. Case del Mar achieves this amazing level of service by encouraging their staff to converse with you and to ask about your holiday/where you are from etc. This really gives the hotel its personality.
The room itself was fantastic and a great size. In the rooms it is the little touches which make the stay really special (home-made cookies, peanuts, the turn-down service, the choice of pillows, overhead shower). It was very clean - one point was we felt the bed was a little short (I'm 6 foot plus) but could easily get over this.
The location is great at the end of a busy beach. The hotel itself has its own cordoned off bit of water and beach space and so this was great to relax in (if you can tear yourself away from the pool). The food in the local area is also great (Orchid Rea a couple of mins down the round is especially good for seafood) and is pretty cheap when you get off resort.
We ate at the hotel for 1 evening and then an a la carte breakfast which is included. Breakfast had a wide range of choices (fruit, yogurt, healthy choices as well) but we didn't feel that the breakfast was anything more than good. The restaurant on the other hand is amazing - the food magnificent and we really recommend it. It is also worth pointing out that the hotel does offer a "private dinner" (7 courses with wine for around £250 per couple), now, we didn't do this, however we noted that the private dinner is setup for you about 5 metres away from the restaurant and we can imagine it is slightly weird having your "private dinner" but being visible to the whole restaurant, the whole public beach and probably being able to hear what all the other tables are saying. I can't comment on the food (although I bet it was good) but if you're looking for something special and a bit more private then maybe go for the Castaway picnic that the hotel offers.
My girlfriend also had a spa treatment and said it was amazing and well priced considering the length of time and how good it was.
In terms of value for money this hotel is expensive (spa-apart) but we felt that it justified this. We also stayed in the Andaman previous to this which was an entirely different experience (which is what you get when you compare a 34 roomed hotel to one with 500 rooms plus) and we felt both were excellent. The Casa del Mar tips it for me though because of the service, the outstanding little touches and the fact that it is in a busy little spot with lots of do on the beach and lots to do in the evening - would definately come again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang