We had planned a trip to Sabah, Malaysia for March 2013. But one week before our departure date we got information about unpleasantness with intruders from The Phillipines and the combat with the Malaysian army. Furthermore, the Dutch government issued a negative advice for precisely the area we planned to stay. So, at this short notice, which alternative pops into your mind ? Of course, Casa del Mar Langkawi. But wait, Casa del Mar is so small and exclusive, it is always fully booked. However, through E-mails and telephone conversations with the front desk I discovered, that by twice room hopping I could secure an eight days stay. Through this room hopping I can review and compare the different rooms in Casa del Mar. We stayed in the "Beachfront Studio Suite" for two days, the "Seaview Studio Suite" for five days and the "Seaview Deluxe Suite" for one day. The "Beachfront Suite" and the "Seaview Suite" are both on the ground floor, the difference is, that the "Beachfront Suite" steps right onto the beach, while with the "Seaview Suite" you have to cross the pool area to reach the beach. The accommodation itself is almost comparable, if you realize that all ground floor accommodations have small differences in dimensions and layout. With the "Seaview Deluxe Suite" you buy space. It is a small apartment in its own right without a kitchen of course. The suite consists of a spacious living room, bedroom and bathroom. A flat screen television screen is available in the living room as well as in the bedroom. However, it is impossible to watch television from the left hand side of the for poster bed, because the fixed draperies are blocking the view. This suite is on the first floor with two balconies overlooking the beach. The downside of the layout is, that the entrance of the suite is at the street side, reached by steps. If you want to go to the beach you have to go down to the street and have to cross the hotel lobby. Continuing about television sets, every room (suite) has a modern high quality Panasonic flat screen television, accepting also mass storage devices through USB and SD-card slot. So you can insert the SD-card from your camera to watch your pictures on the big screen. (Works like a dream) Also you can bring your own movies on external hard disk or USB stick to play on the television. I don't know the maximum storage size that is accepted on USB. A 1000 GB hard disk was not recognized, but a 16 GB USB stick worked OK. The media player accepts at least .avi and .mp4 files, tested and worked OK. Furthermore, besides the sheer luxury of the stay at Casa del Mar, the sunset dinner on the front row on the beach is for the happy few in this world, who have stayed actually at Casa del Mar. The manager Tom, with Fauzi and Robert and the staff have made Casa del Mar into a small section of paradise on earth. Because I value Casa del Mar highly, I am always curious about reviews on TripAdvisor less than four points. One review drew my attention, because the reviewer preferred the Danna to Casa del Mar. I can't disagree more for the following reason: Some time ago we went to Telaga Harbor to dine at Privilege restaurant. We were a bit early, so we decided to stroll to the Danna Resort next to Telaga Harbor to look the resort over. When we arrived at the beach, loud irritating music was coming from the beach bar, presumably for the entertainment of the staff. I think what disqualifies a beach resort, is the use of electronic amplified sounds on the beach. On the beach you want to listen to the surf and the birds and relax. If someone on the beach wants to listen to music then now in 2013 every smart phone, e-reader or tablet contains mp3 player software and ear phones are also no problem. So there is no need for irritating music in the beach bar. Casa del Mar will always be my first choice because of the complete detachment to the hectic "outside world".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang