We spent 10 days in Casa del Mar in December 2012, following the jungle adventure in the distant Sabah, Borneo. We chose Casa del Mar carefully, having read the reviews and comparing the locations of all hotels in Langkawi. Casa is located extremely conveniently, has a private beach cleaned daily, with comfortable sunbeds for hotel guests to enjoy. Guests are not disturbed by the buzz of the busy main road, as all windows and balconies are oriented to the beach side. Upon our arrival to Casa, we were seated in the hotel lobby, offered a refreshing and delicious drink, and the manager on duty walked us through hotel facilities and program offered. Our room was not yet ready, but we were invited to spend the waiting time at the hotel swimming pool. We reserved a room with the ocean view and a small garden. The room itself was very large, with large bathroom decorated in Asian style, providing local natural high quality toiletries. Kingsize bed with great quality Egyptian cotton and splendid decor was spotless and decorated with style. Fresh water supplies, coffee and tea, including delicious cookies and fruits were replenished daily. Daily cleaning service kept the same level of high quality standard during our entire stay.
Food: breakfast offers a selection of fresh juices, fruits, cheese, vegetables, cereals, etc. In addition, guests can select a hot meal, traditional egg dishes with a fusion flare, Malaysian, Indonesian and Indian breakfast specialties.
We considered the hotel restaurant La Sal to be one of the best on the island, constantly offering best food price quality ratio. We were never annoyed, unlike in many other places we ate at the island....Wine selection is not bad either, the seller contains a nice selection of Australian wines.
Hotel manager Tom does an excellent job maintaining high standards - being it food, cleanliness, professional attitude of the staff and hotel services. Tom organised every week an informal happy hour session, where he chatted to guests in person and introduced some of Langkawi`s environmental tour providers. We highly appreciated his advise on what to see and do and where to eat. Tom knows his business well and I am convinced that it is him driving hotel's success.
During the stay we booked a sailing trip fully organised by Casa - by hotel's own boat, skipper and captain. Our skipper was great, very knowledgeable and helpful, the picnic style food on the boat was delicious and we even managed to catch some fish using hotel's own fishing equipment.
As a spa junkie, I tried many various treatments. Ladies offering the treatments were very friendly, however I could tell, they were not specialized in therapeutic massages, manicure and pedicure they did well. Next door's ayurvedic center offered great therapies, so I id not miss out on the indulgence.
Overall, we highly recommend Casa, it is beautifully furnished, has a great beach (beware of the jellyfish though), great location, great food and good staff. I would not recommend this hotel for couples with small kids, as the hotel is small and the kids may be disturbing other guests at times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang