Casa del Mar, Langkawi
The Gemalai Village(Pantai Cenang)
$73
$69
$50
Chenang Inn(Pantai Cenang)(Great Value!)
$23
$22
Bon Ton Resort(Pantai Cenang)
$92
$79
Priceline
$68
$66
Rainbow Lodge(Pantai Cenang)(Great Value!)
$18
Orbitz.com
White Lodge Motel(Pantai Cenang)
$66
$35
Agoda.com
Sunset Beach Resort(Pantai Cenang)
$48
$42
Pondok Muara Chalet(Pantai Cenang)
$21
$18
  • Free Internet
$186
$161
2,546 results
All reviewslittle touchescastaway picniccold towelsdinner on the beachice lolliesour honeymoonfruit kebabsturn down servicescented bookmarkssmall hotelboutique hotelmelonweather forecastbeach towelscoffee machinebeach frontmango
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had mixed feelings about this hotel.

Pros:
- Staff were really nice and friendly
- Massages were very good and good value.
- Breakfast was excellent. I liked the idea of some buffet items plus you got to choose some a la carte items from the menu.
- Dinner on the beach was also very nice and romantic. Food was delicious.
- There were no kids! This is not a child-friendly hotel which suited us just fine. (If you want to bring kids, go to Meritus hotel which is next door).
- The taxi from the airport was 18RM which was reasonable, and on the way back it was 20RM as they charge a callout fee of 2RM.
- Beautiful pool, with mostly adult guests.
- Excellent location in Langkawi
- Cleaning was done while we were at breakfast so it was nice to come back to a clean room.
- They had a mandatory new years eve dinner which was nice.

Cons:
- I thought the value of the hotel was quite expensive. We spent 1035 ringgits per night which is about $330 AUD per night. The hotel was not modern, and our bathroom smelt of sewage at times. In total, we spent 5500 RM for three nights, so if you can get a cheaper deal, go for it.
- We never got cold towels or fruit delivered to us while we were at the pool or on the beach chairs, although we saw some other guests get it.

The reason why I have chosen an Average rating is due to the sewage smell which was quite obvious in our room, but none of the cleaning staff did anything about it. I had also informed the reception staff which got confused with another request about the air conditioner having to be switched back on. They attended to the air con but forgot the smell. This is a lovely stay if you can afford it, don't have kids, want a romantic get away.

Would we go back? I think we wouldn't go back to Langkawi unless we had kids with us the next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ozTravelGirl
TomBlachere, General Manager at Casa del Mar, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review.

I truly regret that we didn't handle things better and have followed up with my team to ensure such a situation does not recur. We take pride in responding to each and every inconvenience in a timely manner to make any stay an enjoyable and comfortable experience but clearly we failed to follow up on this issue. Please accept our apologies.

I hope these issues did not detract too much from your stay. Your comment seemed to indicate that you had otherwise enjoyed your time at Casa del Mar.

If you decide to come back to Casa del Mar in the future. You can contact me directly and I will be happy to personally make the arrangements for you.

Warm regards
Tom Blachere

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in mid December. The beach is nice, the hotel grounds and rooms are clean and beautiful, but I was very disappointed with the food both for breakfast and at dinner on the beach. I skipped breakfast for 2 days as I found it tasteless and bland. The service is good, and the hotel is very quiet and serene. Choose the hotel if you are looking for a nice, scenic quiet getaway, not exactly the most luxurious.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cottagelover60
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The place is clearly beautiful, crystal clear waters and quiet beach. It's more open than other hotels on the island so you get more sun and the water is clearer than the hotels to the north of the island.

I think what really stood out for us though was the unbelievable service. As soon as one of us though 'oh im getting too hot' a staff member would turn up with frozen melon, or a cold towel. One day we said to each-other that we wished there was a tap to wash sand off our feet, then all of a sudden giant urns of warm water appeared individually outside ever room.

The food was delightful, and the cocktails were the best I've ever had, as a trained cocktail bar man I was baffled by their bar mans ability to mix, despite never having drunk himself!

We all look forward to our next opportunity to return!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jonathan R
TomBlachere, General Manager at Casa del Mar, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for spending the time to write and post your review which will be shared with the team. We are delighted you loved it!

We hope we will have a chance to welcome you again back to your home by the sea in the future.

The team and I wish a you a happy new year 2013!!

Warm regards
Tom Blachere

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Not sure what else can be said about this wonderful hotel that hasn't already been said. It truly was the little touches and close attention to detail that sets this hotel apart from anywhere else we have ever stayed. The restaurant is excellent and the food quality superb. Eating on the beach with the sand between your toes is not something you often get to do and here you can do it every night.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jane H
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is the first time I’ve written a review on here but after a magical 7 nights at the Casa del Mar i felt compelled to write one. This is probably the nicest hotel we've ever stayed in and the service and staff were exceptional. We booked the indulgence package which included a couple of massages and 4 dinners. We are so glad we booked this package as the food in the hotel is amazing - the food was actually one of our highlights! This hotel does so many little things for you to make your stay perfect you won't want to leave, like ice cold flannels handed to you while you sun bath, fresh fruit and iced water round the pool to quench your thirst, homemade biscuits in your room to go with your coffee etc. You never have to fight to get a sun bed round the pool or beach and all the staff take the time to smile and have a chat with you. The beach is not crowded but there are still water sports you can do, we did jet skiing, kayaking and hired the hobie cat. I'd definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you are on honeymoon. We also stayed for Christmas and would really recommend staying over Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple