Stayed for 2 nights in beachfront studio room. First the positives, probably the best hotel on the Pantai Cenang stretch, HOWEVER this does not mean much as the other options are dirty and dire.
During our time here, we suffered from a blackout on the first night, with electricity in the entire hotel out for several hours meaning no aircon, no lights, no nothing. Also no apologies, no candles from the staff, and no mention of discount at check-out which I would have excepted, or at least a token e.g. free water etc.
Also for a hotel that prides itself on service, you feel ripped-off at pricing of MYR1,000 per night (GBP250/night) you expect much more. Take an example to have your breakfast in your room (an additional 10 metre walk from breakfast area), you get charged MYR20 service charge per person even if only one person is having breakfast! Not only do you get charged MYR20 per person service charge, but on top of this you get charged a 10% service charge!! A service charge on a service charge - now that is a first! It would almost be funny if it wasn't reality!
Also, service was generally slow and clumsy with our food arriving cold, our drinks being knocked over and having at each time to go and ask to be served. Several staff hanging around the bar, but not coming to ask us if we wanted anything to drink or eat. 2-star service.
In terms of room and decor this property is VERY dated. Hotel is dated and tired and needs a major refit, not just changing of a few bits and pieces. The beach is fine, but really nothing compared to the Datai Bay or the Four Seasons beaches. If you want luxury e.g. for honeymoon or for a special occasion I would recommend Tanjung Rhu, Datai or the Andaman all in the same price category as the Casa Del Mar and much nicer and more exclusive. The Bon Ton Resort/Temple Tree gives you something different if you enjoy a rustic Malay experience. The bathrooms in the rooms are very old and you get the feeling this hotel was something new and different when it first opened 20 years ago, but now has not been maintained well.
Overall I would say, it is definitely not worth what they charge, and there are plenty more and better options on Langkawi. Would definitely not stay here again when returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang