We have just returned from a wonderful holiday in Langkawi. Having not visited since 2002 and having read some adverse comments on TripAdvisor prior to our holiday, we were a little apprehensive about returning to the Pelangi Beach Resort Hotel as we have always found it to be a very comfortable and enjoyable hotel.
We need not have worried. The standard of service is as excellent as ever, and it was so nice to see lots of familiar faces. The staff we have met in previous years all seemed genuinely pleased to see us, and made us feel extremely welcome.
There have been quite a few changes at the hotel since our last visit - the addition of the Teratai Spa; construction of sand dunes in front of the water breakers; expansion and improvements to the massage kiosk; and you can now dine on wooden decking right on the beach at the Tepian Cenang Restaurant - these are all very welcome improvements and make the hotel even more attractive. The gardens were always a delight, and apparently suffered a lot of damage following the tsunami. They are absolutely stunning now.
The hotels on the north coast do seem classier as they are newer and more expensive. However, they are remote. The Pelangi is a much more attractive option to us because of the proximity of a wide range of excellent restaurants which are a walk or short taxi ride away – the Bon Ton, Sun Village, Sun Sutra, Fat Mum’s, Sheela’s, Champor Champor, Orkid Ria, to name but a few. We were not disappointed with the food in the hotel either!
Refurbishment of the rooms will start in a few weeks time and this will only further enhance what we feel is a very special hotel - the fact that a large number of guests return year after year says it all.
We can’t wait to return to the Pelangi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang