“Fantastic Resort”

Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Pantai Cenang
“Fantastic Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

The resort staff are very warm and helpful. My bf book a room facing the sea, with beautiful view for sunset. In the evening you can go for a walk at the beach, its just so romantic for couples.. Great big pool to chill. Walking distance to local stall.. I like the cocktail at CBA! Sure to recommend this resort to friends and family..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Xue N
Th0mas_Mueller, General Manager at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Xue N
We are looking forward to welcoming you again and thank you very much for your kind words!
Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (861)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

The resort has beautiful scenery and amazing beach. Perfect location. Walking distance to foods stall and shops and about 15 mins to airport. Breakfast spread is awesome. The staff is very helpful and friendly too. We had a wonderful stay here. Certainly will come again.

Room Tip: Lake front room is nearer to the hotel lobby and quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ainiemn
Dear Ainiemn
thank you so much for your kind review. I am glad to learn that you'll be back!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

this hotel is amazing. the white beach is basically just for yourselves, not many people around just perfect. you can enjoy the sunset while drinking a cocktail at the CBA restaurant.
I tried the seafood buffet at the Spice Market and there was large choice of food and very good quality.
I requested 2 rooms near to each other and got assigned connecting rooms. we also requested late check out and the staff did not have any problem to extend it for us free of charge.
You don't need to go out of the resort, the beach the pools are amazing, just relax and enjoy yourself

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank frikketz86
Th0mas_Mueller, General Manager at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear serena86ve
I am glad to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and our resort. Thank you for the kind words!
We hope you'll return soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Why Meritus Pelangi?

It takes me quite a while to decide which hotel should we stay for our family vacation in Langkawi. Going with 2 kid s and 1 baby, we definitely need bigger room that can cater all of us. The moment I found which hotel can fit us all, next question would be…which one that my children will enjoy most?? That is harder to decide as I never been to any of the hotel that have been shortlisted. At last I’ve decided to book our room at Meritus Pelangi after reading few comments and pictures in TripAdvisor.

My experience through the booking process was very pleasant. Every single email I wrote, Meritus Pelangi Langkawi will reply the soonest answering my queries and request. I’ve made few requests via email which they accommodate without much fuss. I even ask them something special upon our arrival since the check-in date is on the same day of my wife’s birthday…..and they are giving us a complimentary ½ kg lovely and tasty chocolate cake for us to celebrate in our room! That’s made our day and thanks to them.

If you need an advice to help you to decide whether or not you should stay in this hotel, allow me to help you. Do seriously consider this hotel if you plan for family vacation as they’ll enjoy the resort with so many activities they can do. Their kid’s pool is AWESOME, kid’s club with plenty of activities, great activities for family fun i.e. cycling, mini golf, sports and so much more. You can simply spend your time in the resort for days. BUT if you come for honeymoon and prefer privacy, this might not be the place.

The room, breakfast and staffs

Well, the room is ROOMIER equipped with 1 King bed, 1 Super Single and oversize daybed. Thus no issue at all to place where my children spend their night on. Obviously they sleeps like a log after spend the whole evening at the pool. The breakfast spread is good with plenty of choices and they change some of the menu on daily basis. The staffs are well trained; friendly and awesome from the front desk all the way to housekeeping…keep it up guys!

Area of improvements

This resort is seriously huge. Our room is located quite far from the lobby and restaurant thus we have to take a walk every day in the morning for breakfast (which is good and fun though). But if you come with the elderly, you may want to ask for room that is closer to the lobby. They have buggy to shuttle guest within the resort but be patient while waiting for them especially during peak hour and rainy season. Perhaps the management can think of a creative and fun way to tackle this problem by providing a pool of bicycles at every chalet section for the guest to roam around the resort without depending much on the buggy.

So to sum up our experience during our stay at Meritus Pelangi Langkawi; MEMORABLE, AWESOME and PLEASANT would be the best words to describe the resort. Will definitely come again…Au revoir

Room Tip: Pick a chalet near to lobby if walking is a problem to you.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Zaidee I
Dear Zaidee I
I am thankful for this kind review and hope you and your family will return. I appreciate your comments and share them with my staff for their motivation to serve our guests even better.
Abu Dhabi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here three nights on a family holiday, the hotel had arranged airport pick-up which was convenient, thought the airport is just ten minutes away.

Our stay did not start out right as the room they gave us was one of the old ones - very dark, dingy, and the carpet had a musty smell. It was nothing like the nice rooms they show on their website. I went back to the reception and complained, and they agreed to switch us to the refurbished rooms - it was way better! Brighter colors, no odors, wood floors, so much nicer.

Breakfast was included, the restaurant was huge and always busy, but the food selection and variety is great. Lunch and dinners were out, a good way to experience the local flavor. The hotel is not far from town, a couple of times we just walked there and back along the beach.

One of the attractions of this hotel is the beach, and the fact that you get to view some amazing sunsets! We'd first considered staying at the Taj, would never have got to see the lovely sunsets.

Lastly, the staff, even for a big resort of this type, was quite helpful and pleasant. I have to especially mention the guys at the beach bar "Cba", they were great and played nice chill out music, we had a great time!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the new, refurbished rooms, the old ones are not nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SVSAbuDhabi
Dear SVSAbuDhabi
Thank you for this review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a good time in Langkawi. For your information, all our rooms have now been refurbished and updated.
Pleas come back soon!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

It was more than a year ago but somehow I feel owed to give a review because obvoiusly, I miss the time spent at this hotel.

We were served with towels and drinks upon arrival and asked to sit while waiting for them to check my booking. Since we arrived past lunch hour and were very hungry, we straight away ordered room service for 'char kuey tiow' and it was super delicious and fast. The rooms were clean, spacious and idyllic and they offer drinks at the minibar for free! I think that alone show how they value their guests. Staffs were very helpful, welcoming, informative and quick. The hotel location also a plus point as it located just a distance away from Pantai Chenang Town.

They only off thing I have for this hotel was the variety of food they serve during breakfast. For a hotel this awesome, I just hope the menus also on par.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WarisRahman
Dear WarisRahman
Thank you for your kind review and comments.
For your information, we have completely re-vamped our Breakfast buffet with many more choices now and a delicious array for new items.
We hope you will return soon!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed for a week in Dec 2012 with our 2 kids aged 11 and 9. We had an interconnecting room right on the beachfront. Located at the end of the beach, and with chalets only 2 stories high, meant that it was really quiet and peaceful. The rooms were very spacious and although we were in it prior to renovation, it was comfortable, clean and everything was in working order. Set in a huge leafy surrounding, it is the first resort we ever stayed in without a lift! There were buggys to take you to the room/reception, or you can just walk. We played tennis, swam in both the main pool and lagoon pool, ordered from the swim-up bar, ate at the restaurant and chatted with lots of lovely gorgeous ever-helpful staff. Across the road was a mini mart and laundromat. Next door offered fine dining. And a walk/taxi to Oasis restaurant and Yellow Cafe is highly recommended. It was the most relaxing, enjoyable, fun and memorable family holiday for grown-ups and kids. We would love to get back to pelangi beach resort again...hopefully very soon.

Room Tip: Beachfront chalets were awesome. I had heard that the lakeside units tend to be a little noisier and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LisaFromPerth
Dear LisaFromPerth
I am happy to learn that you and the family had a fantastic stay with us. We hope you'll be back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pantai Cenang
Tanjung Rhu Resort
#8 of 100 in Langkawi
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,290 reviews
The Datai Langkawi

Been to Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi? Share your experiences!