We are just back from a week at this resort, no it isn't perfect, but it's beautiful.
The location is excellent, you can walk very easily to the town either out of the front of the hotel and up the road or by our preferred option, the beach. Fantastic choice of bars/restaurants. Highly recommend the yellow cafe (lovely beanbags to watch the sunset from) & Raffis (nicest green curry & rendang Eva). The conseirge we all very helpful, we hired a car from the hotel, this was very reasonable and worth doing to have a good look at the island, easy to drive and find your way about. The cable car is a must, fantastic view.
Our room was great, I had requested a garden room which we had, it was just one row back from the beach and had a lovely view. The bed is huge! Air con worked fine, was a bit annoyed the only place there was room for my sons rollaway bed was directly under the aircon so he was freezing wen it was on, we were melting when it was off!
The family pool was fab and in my opinion was nicer than the second pool which felt a little claustrophobic. Nice childrens section at the family pool with a few small slides. Beach lovely and clean with a cooling breeze.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel which was fine and somthing for everyone, yes somtimes busy but you could get up earlier and go when it was quieter if you really wanted to.
We had initially requested the meritus club lounge but after seeing it decided it wasn't worth the money and cancelled it and wouldn't recommend it. We had also a booked the family getaway package, this included transfers, daily kids ice cream, breakfast, the rollaway bed for my son and one free evening meal at the spice market. Taxi's were unbelievably cheap, ice cream wasn't very good & we didn't use our free meal as there were so many lovely restaurants very close by so I wouldn't pay for this package again.
The only few things I was unhappy with, and these were not major, some of the reception staff didnt appear to have a clue what was going on, if you asked questions they either didnt know or gave incorrect information.
For the first two days our room wasn't cleaned very well, the sink in bathroom had not even been wiped ova (this may be to do with the fact i caught the maid watching television, lol) and twice she had left our balcony door unlocked. I mentioned it at reception, it was spotless the next day & flowers left in our room although she did forget to lock the door again.
Another day when we returned to our room our key didnt work, afta the long walk back to reception we were told that we had not been booked in for long enough, they didnt know why.
My biggest dissapointment was the Kiki kids club. It was shocking! The leaflet I had been given at reception with details of activities on was completely incorrect! There was little going on and every day there was at least one activity (t shirt/umbrella painting) that had to be paid for, the few times we went to look there were only 2 babies in there. My son didn't go once and this was one of the main reasons I chose the hotel.
Having said this, I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it purely based on it's location, pool and beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang