“Simply Superb!”

Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Pantai Cenang
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We travelled to Langkawi for my wife's 30th birthday and our second honeymoon.
We were greeted by an enormous lit Christmas tree in the middle of the lobby area with Christmas music playing in the background. Our room wasn't quite ready as we'd arrived before the 2pm check in but we were taken to the Club room where we could relax and have some lunch before checking in. The staff were so very friendly and were constantly smiling so a great start.

When our room was ready we were transported by golf buggy to our room (3903) which overlooked the beach. The hotel knew that it was my wife's birthday and housekeeping had put in a bottle of sparkling wine, a cake and a basket of fruit as well as decorate the bed with fresh flowers. My wife was speechless!

The room was large, the bed was huge, the view over the beach was stunning. It truly was like being in paradise. Over the course of the week we tried the different restaurants and food was very good value although bottled water was expensive.

The pool was great and there looked like there was a lot of things for kids to do. If you are thinking about going to Langkawi and reading this review to see if you should stay here - YES, YOU SHOULD! Stop looking elsewhere and book it now.

Room Tip: 3903 was great.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scm7mr
Th0mas_Mueller, General Manager at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you so much to let others know how you felt about our resort. It is heart-warming to get such a glowing review.
Hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

If only I could give a 4.5 rating but I couldn't. I had the sea view chalet over 5 days and was blessed with beautiful weather and sunshine. The room and balcony is very comfortable while the facilities in the hotel was good. The main swimming pool is not to be missed -- the kids section is like a water park.

Give the kikiclub or leisure centre a miss. Facilities are dates and the kids room smelled old, musty and looked dirty. Not to mention that the floors are broken too.

Breakfast spread is very predictable as the hotel alternates some food. I wish the hotel would vary more their buffet breakfast.

The white sandy beach is a very welcoming site and I do see a daily beach combing tractor. However, the beach is filled with seashells, so much so that it hurts your soles walking the stretch. Thomas, can something be done here?

Well, I made what was best out of the resort and thoroughly enjoyed my vacation. I will be back.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank jcwo
tm020847, General Manager at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear jcwo!
Thank you for submitting your comments. We are working on a different food-rotation for our extensive buffet spread for breakfast which will -hopefully- improve the variety in the daily choices.
Yes, our beach is groomed daily, however there is nothing that can be done about the seashells.
This is just our environment here.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back with us.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I've been to so many hotels in Langkawi, but i personally think that Meritus Pelangi Langkawi is the best one. Just by entering the entrance, felt so impressed. the lobby is so beautiful. when i entered there, i felt like i entered paradise. so calm and peaceful. I can stay here for 3 days 2 nights without needing myself to rent a car. because in here, theres everything!
All the restaurants are very nice and facing the beach. nevertheless, the hotel's beach is so wide too.
The location is very strategic. its located at Pantai Cenang. the stalls, restaurant, markets and bars are very near. and I had no problem with the parking. theres alot of parking there.
What I love the most if their pool. their pool is so cool! its like a Sunway Lagoon pool.

Nice one! keep it up!

1  Thank paperrockwater

Thank you very much for submitting your review. I am very proud to share your kind comments with my associates. We are happy you enjoyed staying with us, our facilities and the surrounding area.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We have stayed at chalet 807, it was great - close to beach, close to hotel lobby and restaurant, but quiet.Down side is the room was a bit smelly, maybe all rooms are the same? However I recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Rapata510

Our sincere thanks for your kind review. My team and I are happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We are sure you'll return in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Can only give my highest recommendations after 3 days here. Excellent food, everything is clean and well maintained. Everyone in the staff is greeting you. Extreme value for money. Almost 100 % wifi coverage. Great gym. Two pools large enough for swimming exercise. Even though the hotel was full one night we did not feeling any unconviniance. / Henrik

Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Henrik68
tm020847, General Manager at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Henrik68,
thanks for your kind review, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us.
We are happy you enjoyed your vacation and hope to welcome you back in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This resort is wonderful, from the moment we arrived we were extremely impressed. Check in was so easy, we were directed to a couple of lounges where our welcome drinks were bought to us while the paper work was quickly filled out and we were allocated our room about 3 hours before check in time. We were then taken to our room in a golf buggy, bags bought to the room and shown how to use everything and where everything was. Room (deluxe room-garden) was a good size with a large balcony and an even bigger bath room with a separate bath and shower. The bed and pillows would have to be some of the best I have ever slept on. Our room was close to one of the 2 pools at the resort and it happened to be the one with the pool bar (o yeah). the other pool was larger and was close to the reception area. There is a nice looking beach bar that would have been perfect for sunset, just a shame it was down the other end of the resort and time got the better of us and we didn't get there for sunset, still managed to make it for sunset at the far end of the beach and it was still spectacular, just minus the cocktails...nothing a couple of beers couldn't fix.
Room service for dinner as we were exhausted after a big day in the sun, food was good and was served in appropriate time, not too badly priced and was good for western food in Asia. The breakfast in the morning was ok, nothing spectacular egg station was really the only thing I liked....this was the only let down of the resort.
The resort is not too far of a walk from the centre a Cenang and is a nice walk down the beach, there is a couple of beach bars on the way to stop off at if needed.
The service at this resort was some of the best experienced, they all spoke English really well and was a great way to finish our holiday in Lankawi, just wished we would have had more time here and will definitely be staying here when get around to getting back to Langkawi.

3  Thank DanielBris1982
tm020847, General Manager at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

My staff and I would like to thank you sincerely for your kind review and nice comments about the resort. We are always trying new dishes and set ups of our buffets and I hope to be able to demonstrate that drive to constant improvements if you will return.
Again, my sincere thanks!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My room was a ocean view with a nice patio. very nicely furnished. The pool was amazing. The ocean property was stunning. The only thing the hotel can do better is rake the sand daily as they have the best beach on that side and it could be perfect if they just take pride in the beach. Its clean but when you see it thats the first thing you think of and down the way one hotel rakes their beach every day.....

Room Tip: ocean view or ocean front ,try to get close to the center or the main pool as this is great for fami...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ROBBIE-KL

Thanks for your positive comments!
We actually DO groom the beach daily, this is done daily by a council beach comber and our own raking tractor every second day.
Please visit us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pantai Cenang
Tanjung Rhu Resort
Tanjung Rhu Resort
#8 of 104 in Langkawi
The Datai Langkawi

Been to Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi? Share your experiences!