It is such an amazing facility that I would definitely rate as a 6.
1- The top notch of this resort was actually the swimming pool beside the reception area. It was gigantic, with cold jaccuzzi and a nice well-designed kids pool area. This had a lot of water games, slides, levers, and more importantly the water bucket which splashes water every 2 minutes. Even grownups used to stand under that bucket. My wife enjoyed a batik class, which is taken on the side of the pool for a certain amount of money.
2- The Cba restaurant on the beach is amazing. We spent a night there, and the food was great, the waiters were friendly, and the band was amazing. I can't recall the band's name but they were two ladies and a gentleman, singing fantastic old songs. I notified the restaurant that it was my wife's birthday in short time, yet they were able to cheer her up with a small cake with happy bday wishes written on it and a song.
3- We were unable to reach Langkawi the first night of our reservation, so as a courtesy from the receptionist, we were upgraded to a sea view villa. The villa was amazing and spacious, with a nice bathroom, and two verandas. We liked its design, internally and externally. My daughter was even fond of the water tap and bowl used to clean the sand off our feet that she kept playing with it all day long.
However, I found some areas of improvement:
1- House keeping needed improvement. I don't know whether the villa was too big for them or not, but several housekeeping related issues appeared. For example, we left two empty glasses (that were full of coke) in the living room, next day we found two lizards inside them!! Problem is theses glasses were removed at the next night. We left the room three times, and every time we called the housekeeping to remove these glasses, till they finally removed them at night.
2- WiFi is not strong. Out of 7 nights it was only available for 3 nights. We complained about this, and the reception sent us a cable to hook in instead.
3- The restaurant is big, however we had to stay for long time to wait for a table at breakfast. The breakfast buffet needed improvement as well, as the variety of food is too poor. There are a lot of similar items, and lack of others, for example sausages, you might see them one day, and other days not, etc...
4- the resort is stretched, and the gymnasium is ta one end of it.
These four setbacks however won't ban me from visiting the resort again. As I said, it is a top notch fascinating place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang