Stayed for 2 nights 18-20 March. Arrived at around lunch time and were hoping to get the paperwork/check in done so we could have lunch. Unfortunately, the wait was very long (about half an hour) although there weren't many people checking in. When they finally came back to me, they said they could not trace my reservation. I find this incredible, I had booked and paid in full on Agoda. The lobby staff did not serve us a welcome drink although we waited so long, but asked us if we wanted to order any drinks. We declined and she served us the drinks eventually after directed by the reception staff to do so.
The room was excellent. Facing the beach, and obviously recently refurbished. Very comfortable and large.
We ordered room service and although very expensive by Malaysian standards, we found the food to be delicious. The cocktails can be improved on though.
The service was found to be lacking even after our long wait to check in. The package I booked was supposed to come with a complementary fruit basket on arrival. There was none. I called twice to ask for it but it never arrived. The children should have been served complementary ice cream at the lobby, this also never happened. And as far as I observed, no child was ever served any ice cream at the lobby.
When I requested for a roll-away bed, they first asked me who it was for. When I said it was for my helper, they wanted to charge me RM150 when in my package it was supposed to be RM50. The lady claimed it was only RM50 if a child slept on it. Really, if there were 2 adults and 2 children in the room, would you really know how the sleeping arrangement is???
We went for the BBQ dinner which was part of the package on the last night. I wanted to order congee for my daughter and stood waiting for a female staff as she was busy typing something into the computer and she curtly asked me 'you are having the buffet right?' which I thought was quite rude. The grill was quite good, sadly the experience was marred by the service.
All in all, this place could have been exceptional, if the service is improved on. We did enjoy the beach and the view, the food was good, the swimming pools were good. The resort is a mere 10 mins drive fr the airport which proved to be convenient. Hopefully the management can look into the feedback and allow the resort to fulfill its potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang