Stayed here from 7th Feb until 10th Feb. I like the large bed. It is just perfect for my mum, me and my 2 y old son. It was very comfortable and we had good sleep without anyone of us worries of rolling onto my son or getting a stiff neck in the morning. Not so many hotels has large bed..hence, it was a delight. It was quiet and serene especially at night.
However, i made the wrong choices by not asking or request for the newly refurbished room. The breakfast was ok. The service was quick. The concierge was helpful and friendly especially Ismail. Very helpful and honest!
The old room wasn't that bad actually, well, i have stayed here few times, this time around i could see that the room is getting old and there were few issues that needed attention badly.
The tiles in the bedroom has change it's colour and the aircond was making some noice as if it was very exhausted.
The water pressure was bad! Hate it. After a hot, sweaty trip/day out, i'm so looking forward for a good cold shower but i couldn't enjoy that this time. The water pressure was very bad that i have to spend very long time in the shower!! The sink was bad too, the water wasn't flowing and doesn't go down the drain very well.
Also, i had an issue with the toilet where it doesn't go in one flush!
It wasn't up to my satisfaction this time around because i paid for a pool view room which were much expensive from the garden view but then, from my observation after spending one afternoon cycling around the resort, all garden view has actually been refurbished. If i've known this, i would have just paid for garden view instead! Or a lake view!
The old rooms are fine if they could curb all the issues i mentioned above and it would be a much pleasant stay !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang