We spent 5 nights here in January. We had been staying in another hotel in Cenang but wanted to stay closer to the beach. This hotel has a terrific location at the north end of Cenang beach. We never found Cenang beach overcrowded but the Pelangi is at the quietest part of the beach. We were a walk-in booking and the reception staff could not have been more helpful. We ended up booking a garden view room which was close to the beach.
The setup on the beach is good with an adequate number of sun beds, a towel station and good shade if you want it. There were jellyfish warnings around and the hotel had placed bottles of vinegar at various locations, just in case. We thought this was very considerate and not something we saw at other locations.
Our room was spacious, with a good sized king bed, large TV, good storage, etc. Bathroom was also large, but with shower only. Rooms have a little veranda opening out onto the garden. All finished in dark hardwoods - very pleasant and comfortable.
Wifi in the rooms was quite good. It was also generally available throughout the resort.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of all the shops, restaurants and bars on the Cenang strip.
There is a very nice beachfront bar/restaurant from which we had lunch, dinner and a few drinks over the course of our stay. We found it quite expensive, and dinner in particular was poor value in our opinion.
Our only criticism of the hotel is their breakfast service which was really quite chaotic. The choice of food looked extensive, but was in fact mediocre in comparison with similar standard hotels. They have the usual mix of Asian and Western selections and an egg station but we thought the variety and quality of ingredients was poor. Service at breakfast was poor. Tables were not cleared quickly so that when guests arrived they would find empty tables but non at which they could sit. Staff did not greet guests and show them to a table, so you had to find one yourself which was sometimes difficult. Getting staff attention was also hard - it often took a lot of hand waving o get a coffee.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend (though we'd like to see them improve their breakfast service).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang