“Paradise for my family”

Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Pantai Cenang
“Paradise for my family”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I'm from Australia and this is my second time at the Pelangi. I have high standards and usually find lots of flaws in hotels, but I love this place. Most of the rooms have been renovated even though they weren't that bad before but the best thing besides the location is the service. Wonderful friendly people. If you want to relax this is the place to stay. My kids alternated between the pool and the beach and I was able to swim, drink fresh watermelon juice and read books. There are some great external restaurants around and you need to visit the night markets and the Babylon bar! I'll be returning in March!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Jbunney
Marco B, General Manager at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Many sincere thanks for your appreciative words and we are extremely happy that you had enjoyed your return stay with us.

We will gladly share your gracious compliments with all our associates, who will be delighted to have delivered your expectations.

Together with the Team, we are already looking forward very much to your return visit in March next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (895)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights. We had a seaview room towards the end of the resort which was a bit of a distance to walk for breakfast and the pool. The rooms are nice and free soft drinks are provided from the minibar. There are renonvations currently taking place which was not an issue. The location is ok to Cenang and walking distance to cafes and shops. The beach is white sand and clean. Once you check in, you are not bothered by anyone.

1 Thank sjbsteven
Marco B, General Manager at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your valued feedback and we are glad to learn of your positive stay experience.

Your feedback is very important in our continuous effort to meet guest expectation and create a memorable stay for them.

We shall look forward to welcome you back with our signature service of Asian Grace, Warmth and Care.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

In recent weeks I have tried contacting this hotel and have received no reply or correspondence. The reviews below about the poor customer service at this hotel must be true!!!

The fact that not a single staff memeber will respond to an inquiry about the extent of renovations being done on the resort suggests, to me, that these works may impact one's stay much more than their website lets on.

My partner and I have chosen to stay elsewhere and a much happier for it!!!

Room Tip: don't stay here!
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank THraiders
Marco B, General Manager at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Many sincere thanks for providing us with your valued feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for failing to deliver the expected service.

I do understand your dissatisfaction and humbly hope you will not judge us too harshly in this instance.

If you are considering visiting our resort in the future, please do contact my office and I will gladly take care of it for you.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We booked our stay based on the comments on this page, but what we found was very different. Good Side: Ok the staff are friendly, great really, the beach is lovely BUT- Down Side: the resort is under going a massive construction. Lots and lots of corrugated fencing & workmen & machinary. Only one pool (a 7-10 minute walk away) was operational. No Lake, No central pool. Only 1 resturant smallish catering to the entire resort was streached to capacity and food was very average. The food is all Halal - ok that is fine with us, but the food was bland. The kids club is run down consisting of 2 or 3 plastic jungle gyms suitable only for todlers in a dank room. The "farm" was a total of 3 geese!. Mini golf was dilapidated.

And yes we did find a bigish cockroach on my 6 year old daughters pillow as she lay down to go to sleep. Yes, I wont publish the photo I took as management specifically asked me not to, but, did the Hotel management need to first try to dismiss me when I complained and then after I fought hard to get the night for free because - NO ONE SLEPT WELL!!! - Really did you have to try and patronise me? Manager lectured me about how I don't understand that the insects come into the low rooms (we were upstairs) and that they pesticide and fog regularly. Great! But the cockroach was in my daughter's bed under her PILLOW. So I must thank the management for finally and very kindly waiving the cost of the room for that night and most of all for the lecture on Malaysian insects.

I never write reviews, we travel as a family a lot. We are expats living in Asia, we have in the last months been to Bangkok, Cambodia, Bali and Langkawi, I NEVER complain, but this hotel is pretending to be operational and its just not up to the standard it thinks it is. A renovated room and resturant is NOT enough. Sorry, I really hope its better when the constructions stops. On the good side we ate wonderful meals at BON TON.

Room Tip: Construction is heaviest around the pool. Try beachside to avoid most construction but expect to wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PavMum
Thank you for taking the time to write and thoughtfully highlighting your points, which are certainly appreciated and valued.

I do apologize for any dissatisfaction during your recent stay. Together with the Team, we will make sure that all points raised will be reviewed for improvement, including the upkeep of the facilities mentioned.

Glad to share with you the latest update on the re-opening of both the main pool and the beach restaurant for our guests to enjoy, together with 48 new rooms added to the current inventory.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we welcome another opportunity to redeem ourselves and restore your confidence with a more positive stay experience.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

we only had two nights here but loved our stay. Service was excellent although we did struggle to get any TV service for quite a while which was frustrating as in the evenings people tend to retire to their rooms.

The pools where lovely though the the setting good as the end of the beach away from the bars and clubs.

Food is also excellent and the all you can eat bbq sat on the beach was idyllic.

Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Marco B, General Manager at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you very much for your appreciative words and we are happy to learn of your positive stay experience

We naturally look forward to welcome you back with our signature service of Asian Grace, Warmth and Care.
Singapore
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed in Meritus Pelangi last weekend (20-23rd Oct) to celebrate our wedding anniversary; I have no words but to say “Meritus & its staff” are simply superb. All our request was met i.e early check-in, newly renovated room, near to reception, good sea view, etc. On the day of our arrival, we were warmly greeted by ‘Ms. Chris’ at the reception and were taken to our room early. When, where & however you meet a hotel staff you could see them smiling at you. The room was exceptionally good with an excellent beach view (we took the beach front room# 705) and the sea water was just few steps away.

Welcoming us thru a message in the TV had a personal touch, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this resort. The swimming bar pool, tennis court, recreation lounge, tennis court, spice market restaurant, everything was good. Though the resort is undergoing some renovation but we could hardly hear any sounds… total privacy in the room. We were once again personally touched by the resort staffs, when they decorated our room with flowers and gifted a half kg cake for our anniversary day.

‘Mr. Azad’ from travel desk was very helpful to book our tours and to arrange the Jetski tour within the resort. We would have called the room service atleast 10times in a day and each time the staff waits at our room entrance with a smile. The resort is exactly located in Pantai Cenang, which had lot of shops to shop around and good choices of restaurants (500m from the resort). Overall, we were pampered by Meritus Pelangi, and would definitely call it as one of the best resorts that we have stayed in Asia. Thanks Meritus & staff for making our stay pleasant.

We have planned to stay back again in Meritus Pelangi during our next holiday plan.

2 Thank Vinsebby
Many sincere thanks for your gracious compliments, which I will gladly share with all our associates including Chris and Azad. I am sure it will make all of them feel extremely proud to have succeeded in exemplifying what we call the “Meritus Difference” at its very best.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments from satisfied customers as we strive to consistently meet or exceed their expectations

We most certainly look forward to welcome you back again with our signature service of Asian Grace, Warmth and Care.
Seoul
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband I stayed at Pelangi resort & spa for five nights in early October. We stayed in a beachfront room which was renovated and we loved it. Clean, spacious bathtub and powerful shower facility. Very friendly staff. The only downside was the spa treatment in the hotel. While staying in Langkawi, I've visited several different spa and Pelangi spa was my last choice. The ambience was okay, the room was too bright and the description written in the leaflet didn't match with the actual treatment. If this could be improved, I would definitely revisit next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your valued feedback and we are glad that overall, your stay experience had been positive except for some points made on the spa, which are certainly appreciated and will be reviewed for improvement.

Naturally, we look forward to welcome you back with a more positive stay experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pantai Cenang
Casa del Mar, Langkawi
Casa del Mar, Langkawi
#1 of 16 in Pantai Cenang
The Datai Langkawi

Been to Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi? Share your experiences!