“Beach front but guest noise can be a problem.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cenang Rest House

Cenang Rest House
Hobart
“Beach front but guest noise can be a problem.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were keen to stay along the beach front but found that most of the hotels in our budget range were booked out. I was keen to have a swim and then be able to get back to our room easily without having to cross the main road. Much nicer!

The Cenang Rest House looked fairly new and the paint work was fresh and clean in our room even if a little bright in the bathroom which was a kind of vivid lime green! But all functioned well and the hot water was hot.
We had one small cupboard for hanging space and a desk area with a modern TV above.
Our bed was not very comfortable as there seemed to be hard springs sticking out from underneath the mattress.
Our sleep was interrupted till well past midnight by a number of families with small children who raced up and down the central passageway between the rooms. All these guest's doors were open so the noise really carried. Even our air conditioner could not block out the yelling and shouting. To be fair it was the weekend and possibly school holidays which may have accounted for the group family mayhem!
The staff were very friendly and there was a good laundry service available at reception. There was no restaurant but a small cafe nearby and of course along Jalan Pantai Cenang lots of wonderful places to eat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PenelopeHobart

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Breckenridge, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Me and my girlfriend found this place after getting stuck 1 night at the Sweet inn(should be called the not so Sweet Inn). But the Cenang Rest House was the best deal in town and we looked everywere. The reception was very nice and we got a room right by the beach for 90RM! We were only going to stay for a couple days but we liked the place so much we stayed for 3 weeks. Its located right in the heart of Cenang and close to everything. I would stay here again for sure and recommend it for anyone on budget.

Room Tip: "Get a room in the main building"
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank brek80424
KL, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

I made a booking to Cenang Village, which is run by Cenang Resthouse on Agoda.com.

Prior to my arrival, I sent text message to the hotel informing my approximate arrival time and number of guests. I received a reply mentioned "K, TQ".

When I arrived at the hotel around 12pm with family of 6, I was told by the receptionist that they are fully booked and the room that I paid for was not available. The receptionist said they have informed Agoda to remove the room availability from the website, that the room that I booked is simply not available long time ago.

When I asked for assistance to book or recommend me to any other similar hotel, the receptionist refused to help and said it was not their responsibility. I was left helpless, trying to find a room big enough for my whole family, under the hot midday sun, on a long weekend where most of the hotels are fully occupied.

At the end I was lucky to get a room in the same area but much more expensive plus the hassle of switching room during the stay.

Again, I did not stay there so I could not comment on the room. The location is pretty good, right on the busy strip on Cenang beach.

I understand it is normal for hotels to overbooked. But from my previous experiences, hotels would arrange overbooked guests to other accommodations nearby. This is not the case. The receptionist simply refuse to help, not even make a suggestions or phone calls, but merely ask me to contact agoda for refund immediately, when I have got bigger problem to solved in front of me.

I am sure it is still a good place to stay judging from the location and price. But if you are staying there, make sure you booked it, and call up to confirm you have a room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Clarku

Travelers are raving about these Pantai Cenang hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

It was a Raodtrip for Four Guys frm KL to Langkawi for the Deepavali celebration. The place is at the main attraction area in Langkawi at Pantai Cenang. Itz a budget place. The room were clean, the WC was Ok and best of all we got a beach front chalet which easily accommodate the 4 of us and the rate is awesome , only RM90 per night. We stayed for 3days2night. Our Chalet door number was 36 and the front door and the beach is just less then 50 feet. The place caretaker Kak Mah was very friendly and helpful. Our room had a broken air-cond and it was immediately repaired when we informed her.

Next to our Chalet was “BABYLON” itz a Beach Side bar and they run well into 2am and if your are light sleeper or don’t want a serenity at night please avoid this room. For us it was kinda okay, since we were happily seated and havin booze.

The Pro’s
- Good Rate
- Easy access
- The staff – Kak MAH very friendly and helpful

The Cons’s

- No Parking
- On goin construction on new building next door
- The place lookz TIRED looking

Added note
- They Babylon Beach Bar can be fun for some and mite be a nightmare for some
At the front of the reception therez a Palestine guys selling kebab at night – Rm5 and it taste awesome

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank gsjaya28
Ukiah, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

As you know, i rent one room for my parent and one room for me...But room for my parent really hygience...my family dont want to stay and we check out....

Room Tip: ab motel... sandy beach resort
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family