“Very good restaurant French Italian and Mediterranean food”
Review of The Brasserie - CLOSED

The Brasserie
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Al fresco dining on the beach with beautiful sunset view
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Food is very good, you can order also a special dish, chef very good, location fantastic, on the main Beatch with the opportunity to dreamming in front of a fantastic sunset with a coktail in the hand.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I can't say it any other way: the food was brilliant. Dishes were prepared quickly and served all together. Drinks seemed a little pricy, but they did give us complementary drinking water.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

get the buy1 free1 drink from 4pm -6pm everyday... nice environment... comfortable seats.. but the waiters not so friendly here..

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Very very friendly staff and food great. Lovely location. Wished we had more time for more meals here.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was disappointed with both my starter & main course at The Brassiere. I would say the quality of cooking there was worst than at a simpler, less fancy, less expensive cafe such as the Beach Garden Resort cafe located on the same beach.

The problems with the dishes I ordered at The Brasserie were, firstly, the recipe was way too simple for a fancy restaurant (pan fried & drizzled with olive oil & lemon juice or soy sauce). Secondly, the cooking skills of the cook was terrible for a restaurant cook, my tuna loin was over cooked till dry on the outside but had strange streaks of uncooked parts on the inside. Worst of all, the cook made a beginner's mistake, the oil taste in all my dishes indicated it was over heated to the extend that it tasted burnt. Thirdly, for the high price charged for the scallop starter, it was disappointing that all 4 scallops were tasteless probably due to freezer burn. I did not go to one of the fanciest restaurants on the beach to have seafood worst than those I cook at home, in terms of taste & quality, it made it worst for them when their less fancy counterparts serve better tasting food than them.

Next the service, the waiter who took our orders reeked of alcohol & ketone every time he came over to our table. At first, I could not believe it was coming from him due to several reasons & thought it might have came from the patron at the next table, even though she was seated too far for the odour to travel to us. Anyway, I was not surprised when the said waiter blatantly rejected my request for a dollop of coconut cream to be added to my mocktail, which some other cocktails had. Coconut cream is inexpensive in Malaysia as coconuts are abound, I concluded that the waiter was not sober enough to think clearly.

The only consolation was, the location was lovely, located slightly above beach level with hedge fence on two sides gave the feeling of seclusion. In addition to that, the tasteful decor & candle lit ambiance made it one of the more romantic places to have dinner on Cenang beach.

1  Thank I_Caught_the_Bug