“Nice place to stay in Langkawi”
Review of White Lodge Motel

White Lodge Motel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Pantai Cenang
Bursa
“Nice place to stay in Langkawi”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

It's very close to pantei tengah and pantei cenang beaches...There are a lot of food options around,it has a nice garden where you can relax,the rooms are big enough and it is clean(no bugs or whatsoever)The only problem is the lightning in the rooms.More lights should be provoded to make room look brighter.Overall we really enjoyed our stay.I highly recommend it to those looking for an affordable nice hotel around island's popular beaches

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank GokceInc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
North East England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The hotel is excellently located for both beaches. There's a fridge in the room but NO SAFE. We had room number 22 which is at the rear of the property and backs onto fields so perfectly well located. The room was ok, we had enough hanging space and it was clean. We had had to complain about the noise of Chinese guests. They'd allowed a large group of young teenagers to stay in the far end of the property either unsupervised or without adequate teacher/adults so when they arrived back to their rooms at 3am drunk and misbehaving there was no one to deal with them as reception closed at 11pm. On complaining the next morning however, it was dealt with promptly and well. We would however stay there again. Pros: Wifi was good, bathroom was clean although it is a wet room so you can't leave anything on the floor. The loo roll doesn't get wet because of the design of the holder. Large bed with a thin duvet. Reception staff were accommodating and friendly. Cons: towels were only changed when asked, we stayed a week and the bed linen wasn't changed at all in that time, only 3 channels on the TV and none in English (no BBC news channels or Sky), no hair dryer in the room, gaps around the door and window. No safe.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Elsa P
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Rooms are clean and spacious. The bathrooms are good too.

Stayed there in December 2012 and most recently in January 2014. The garden looks better now. Overall, well maintained place.

Location is good too, but not beachfront. It's quiet and suitable for families.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TahaniIA
Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The rooms were quite large and air con and wifi were always working. Purified water at reception a great bonus. Daily housekeeping so rooms were always clean. Lovely gardens to room.

It was a little noisy with other guests partying. Rooms were dark and aging. At end of main strip so the walk to some of the good restaurants was very long.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicolef494
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I booked 2 rooms from this hotel for my trip to Langkawi and we were supposed to check in at the end of Jan 2014. Anticipated the crowd during Chinese New Year period, I placed the reservation more than 8 weeks beforehand and secured it with my credit card. The booking was confirmed and everything looks normal.

However I got the unpleasant surprise only one week before my arrival date. The hotel owner required me to remit money to a bank account otherwise he would cancel my booking. I refused because

1. It is not the booking policy when I made the booking. Even at the time they asked me to remit money, their booking policy remain changed - " Book Now Pay Later ".

2. I cannot verify the owner of the bank account. There are enough of holiday scams by phishing emails.

3. There is a fee for oversea remittance and the hotel would not bear it.

4. I told them they could charge my credit card before I checked in but they refused to do so, mentioned the hotel did not have the facility.

5. I do not mind showing my air tickets and other documents including the booking of another hotel who has charged my credit card. I booked that hotel after White Lodge because I could not get consecutive 4 days in White Lodge.

6. I cannot be sure the owner would not change his mind again even after I remit the money.

The staffs of the booking site (asiar**ms.com) from which I placed the booking provided excellent services by keeping on communicating with the owner for 3 days. But my booking was still cancelled by the hotel and consequently the hotel was delisted from the booking site. It was 3 days before Chinese New Year then and the hotels in Langkawi were almost fully booked. I was luck enough to get another 2 rooms but with much higher price.

My advice to the hotel
1. If he needs cash to secure the room, he should have stated in his booking policy, and make it clear who would bear the cost.
2. If he changes his mind, he should give at least 2 weeks advance notice, especially during peak season.
3. Accept credit card payment as it mainly serves tourists.
4. When he confirms a booking, respect it.

My advice to tourist
1. Avoid it if you can.
2. Try low season if you insist on staying there. See if you can find any sort of insurance to cover such unexpected situation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank C0linSG

Travelers are raving about these Pantai Cenang hotels

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Come here with realistic expectations and you won't be disappointed. When I arrived, the outside looked clean the gardens are beautiful, it is literally 5 mins across the road from the beach. It's basic - the shower is perfectly adequate but does not come with shower gels, shampoos etc. air conditioner and fan both work perfectly and there is a working fridge and kettle with complimentary coffee. The bedside lamps had some loose connection, the blankets were a bit thin and the was some holes in the insect screens in the bathroom, therefore my first night I got a little nibbled by mozzies which was soon rectified the next night with a visit to the convenience store and the purchase of mozzie killer. All the staff were lovely - very helpful and friendly. On my final day, my flight was late but I was able to spend the day at the beach and then come and take a shower at no extra charge. I would definitely stay here again because it was so close to the beach, really easy to get to the shops and for dinner in the eve.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Alison B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Place and stay were great, only downside was paper thin walls so every night could hear snoring one side and baby crying the other. Good location, lots of eateries and beach is just the other side of the road

• Stayed January 2014
Sunset Beach Resort
Sunset Beach Resort
#4 of 16 in Pantai Cenang
Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi

Been to White Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!