“Lovely dining but did have a few problems”

La Sal at Casa Del Mar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: As expected on holiday, dining is a relaxed, quality experience at your Home by the Sea. Available Dining locations begin at the wine room adjacent the piano and library and continue through a covered patio out to our beach-side coconut grove. La Sal dining offers the best in Modern Asian and Western Cuisine with a focus on high quality fresh produce and is served by attentive and friendly staff. The bar offers a wide variety of wine from the old and new worlds. The cocktail list is exciting and innovative with themed cocktails around our magical sunset, pool side relaxation and post dinner period.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I booked a table the day before by going into the hotel and speaking to the staff giving them the details of where I was staying and they wrote it all down on the reservation sheet.
We turned up at the restaurant the following day to be told that I had no reservation!! I said that I had been in the day before and it had all been written down on their booking form but they just said sorry and that it wasn't there! They said that they could make up a table for us but it would not be on the beach. I was not impressed and said that it was not acceptable as I know I had made a reservation! I then spoke to the Restaurant manager and he apologised and looked again at the booking list. I asked to check it too and we then found that my booking had been scribbled out! Not a good start! He apologised again and gave us a table on the beach which was lovely. He came over to talk to us and advise us about the menu and choice of cocktails. We were soon relaxed and forgot about the beginning of the night.
We ordered the chicken satay and King prawns to start which were beautiful and the chicken curry and Lamb rack for our mains again were beautiful. We then sat for over half an hour waiting for our plates to be cleared and to order our pudding. In the end I had to catch the attention of a waitress who then said that they close the kitchen at 10pm so was implying that we could not have our pudding. I then said we had been waiting for someone to serve us for ages and she did apologise. The restaurant manager by now had gone and the service seemed to suffer quite a bit without him.
For our puddings we had Creme brulee and Chocolate fondant cake. They were both average and not what I expected. The presentation was no way near the standard of the rest of the meal and a bit of a let down.
Over all I would recommend it as the food and location were very good. But the service needs to be improved for the price that you pay!

There are newer reviews for La Sal at Casa Del Mar

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is simply the best restaurant on that beach in Langkawi. The rest of the restaurants just lack the level to produce better cusisine...

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The restaurant is well worthy of it's reputation and I really love the lambs. We ate on the beach for our marriage anniversity celebration and it is really lighted me up. I really feel an exceptional customer experience at here. Also, I appreciate the talk with its manager Robert, who is a nice guy.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

La Sal is a fabulous restaurant on the beach, which serves fresh, fabulous food and drink on a daily basis. It is romantic and peaceful, and service is great. We stayed at CDM which included 4 meals at La Sal, and we expected some sort of buffet. However it comprised of a 3 meal a la carte menu, and tea and coffee. What more can you wish for? Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a fabulous place. We ate at La Sal to celebrate my birthday and we were not disappointed. A beautifully situated restaurant, right on the beach, which is charming in itself. The staff are so friendly and the service is excpetionally good but it's the food that steals the show! A mouthwatering selction of wonderful delights await you, so go and enjoy!
A top restaurant that is priced accordingly.