“Fantastic Seafood!”

Orkid Ria Seafood Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
hong kong
“Fantastic Seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Walked off the street at 8pm without a reservation and got a table for 4 adults + 1 teenager. We also had a baby in a pram, so they put us on a table with an overhead fan and brought us an extra fan, as it was very humid. Thank you. A lovely, lovely meal. We went with the waitress and chose our own fresh raw fish & prawns. I was not happy with the choice by the waitress, so she let me choose mine. I then followed her to the kitchen to make sure "our" fish went direct to the chef. We ate prawns in garlic, Phad Thai Noodle, fluffy white rice, deep-fried Grouper, Calamari, mixed vegetables, lovely soft beef in ginger & lemon grass plus wine, beer and Coke. A great meal and very good value. However, the staff could have been more attentive, but I guess they were busy? The toilets were clean as well... for those who want to know! We would definitely go back again as the seafood was excellent!

• Visited May 2014

• Vietnamese first
Paro, Bhutan
“Yummy Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I had ordered 3 dishes at this restaurant. Mantis prawn, lobster and crab. Fresh caught from 'aquarium'. Compliment to the chef who cooks this 3 great dishes.The service at the restaurant is fast and the workers is super friendly.

• Visited April 2014
perth west australia
“I will never visit this kip again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Ordered a prawn dish.
I noticed that the serving contained at least six empty prawn shells. So in fact My dish was padded with these shells to make it look like a good serving.
In fact I only received five edible prawns and these were not fresh. I complained to the waiter
Who tried to ignore my complaint. Next I asked to see the manager and was told no manager here. Who is in charge, I asked? No one in charge here.
He was then joined by another waiter and I was then verbally abused and threatened by both of them. Not wishing to become involved in any sort of skirmish in the restaurant, I invited both of them to try to abuse
me outside the restaurant but they both chickened out.

There are far better seafood restaurants in Langkawi

• Visited May 2014
“Definitely recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Based my visit on the reviews here and it definitely impressed, speed of service and food was excellent (always good when hungry), seafood was delicious, but I think there was a definite difference between frozen (they call it 'fresh') and the live food.
Favourite was the King Prawns which we had battered, but can choose other styles. With the lobster we opted for frozen which I think accounted for the slight toughness, but was still delicious.

Visited April 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Fresh Seafood made to perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Definitely try this one you would not be disappointed. Great food, fast service at reasonable price. Would be perfect if the restaurant had a sea view.

Visited April 2014