“Nice thai style steamed snapper”

Orkid Ria Seafood Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“Nice thai style steamed snapper”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We dined here on our last night in Langkawi. We had yet to find a decent local restaurant on the island so its was nice for Orkid Ria to meet our expectations.

Come here for Good value seafood. There is a reason why its the busiest place on the island.

Visited October 2012

• Vietnamese first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Relish & enjoy…..”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I dined with Orkid Ria Restaurant for than thrice I thing during my stay & still very memorable. Me & my wife were there & we seated in a table suitably place near the aquarium and had dedicated waitstaff, so the service was impeccable.
The hot plateau of seafood was SO GOOD that I wish I could have eaten the whole thing myself. I wish I could have tasted the entire menu, but that will have to wait until I win the lottery.
Everyone was friendly, the motif was subdued but clean and contemporary. Our waiter suggested some great drinks, a nonalcoholic fruity concoction for my wife and a chilled beer for me. The Calamari starter was fried but absolutely fresh and a sitting atop a wonderful sharp chili sauce bed. For our main dished we had the Shrimp on Risotto and the lobster with mixed seafood. Perfect texture of crab and scallops and the shellfish was plentiful as well. We left feeling as though it was a full experience and not just a meal. Hope to return soon….

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Fireball007in
KL, Malaysia
“Lunch in Orkid”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The food is ok but not exceptional. The area is generally spacious and clean. Prices are quite standard unless you order expensive stuff like lobsters. A lunch with around 5 dishes with a variety of meat, vegetables and beancurd for 6 adults came up to about RM 150+

Visited September 2012
“Tiger prawns”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Didnt order the lobster. 2 huge tiger prawns, 1 fried squid, 1 vegetable, small fried rice, 2 white rice and 2 juice. Total bill came to RM135.
Food tastes OK, probably worth it for the tiger prawn as it had more meat compared to the lobster (I guess).
Just give it a try since it is ranked 3rd in TA.

KL
“fresh seafood & reasonable $$”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have lobster, soft shell crab, scallop, and oyster omelet and 2 juice. The seafood was state the price (small, medium, large portion) for you reference. The waiter also nice to explain and the food serve faster.

• Visited October 2012