“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Tomato

Red Tomato
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Red Tomato is a European style restaurant that brings Mediterranean Cuisine in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Originally a small cafe in Langkawi, Red Tomato has grown and developed into the loved restaurant we know it as now. It doesn’t stop there though, we are excited to say as we are also opening in Kuala Lumpur. Try our delicious pizza, pasta or grill dishes that can also be served as gluten free options; we also have some vegetarian dishes to cater for those who choose plant based diets. We hope everyone will be able to enjoy a meal here at Red Tomato as afterall it's where travellers and friends meet and eat...
Malaysia
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 11, 2010

My sister and I stumbled on this little cafe about 8 years ago....when we first went there, Tanja's son was about 3 or 4 years old. From the moment we entered it's cool dark entrance after the blistering heat of Langkawi, we were sold. Our kids loved this place, so much so that my daughter, who is now 24, has been back here a dozen times and more and is a must go whenever she or her friends do a Langkawi trip. I remember we had the best pasta I've ever tasted here in this tiny cafe and it will always remain my favourite place on the island. I faithfully recommend it to anyone and everyone who even thinks about going to Langkawi and Tanja and staff have never let me down...always get rave reviews from friends who have been. I hope that Red Tomato will remain in Langkawi for a long long time.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Casual, relaxed place with great food, service and Wifi!”
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Red Tomato is one of those places that you feel comfortable in instantly. Very chilled and unpretentious, but with real good cafe type food.

I liked that almost everything there is homemade - including the pizza dough says owner Tanja!

Everything tasted fresh and nutritious - we had the value-for-money farmer's platter/special, eggs benedict (very rich!) for breakfast and (on our second visit) the mushroom and turkey bacon thin crust pizza for a tea-time snack.

The service was prompt and professional yet warm and friendly.

Winchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Western Food”
Reviewed December 8, 2009

We found this lovely place right in the heart of Pantai Cenang and eat there twice during our week stay in Langkawi. The staff are really friendly and the service was great. While not the cheapest place to eat (I think Lamb Chops were 37RM) it cost less that the 'Little Mexican' and is clearly in a different league in terms of quality and ambiance. On both occasions it was packed - always a good sign! Its mainly pasta dishes (not really my thing) but I ordered lamb chops and they were cooked to perfection. The decor inside was really cool and it was clear they had really made an effort, marketing this place as a meeting point for travelers. This certainly was the case, as I overheard people from all over the world happily swapping news, stories and experiences with each other which they enjoyed their food (all in English!). For this reason alone I would highly recommend this as a place to eat if you are traveling alone as its a great place to meet people. If you want a change from local cuisine this is the best western style restaurant I found while staying in Pantai Cenang.

Gold Coast
“Great Breakfast and Dinner”
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Great place for any meal and has a fantastic atmosphere , the owner Tanja is a sweetheart and makes herself known to just about everyone.The meals are delicious and theres heaps of it, my favourites were the salads. WOULD RECOMMEND THIS RESTURANT TO EVERYBODY.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The best place in town for breakfast”
Reviewed November 23, 2009

We ate here for 5 of our 7 breakfasts in Langkawi and all were excellent. Can recommend the fresh carrot, orange,pineapple and melon juiced to order and especially the Eggs Benedict. Tanja and staff are friendly and will make you feel very welcome. Free wireless internet is available for customers (via a password) so you can catch up with email/Facebook in comfortable surroundings. Closed on Fridays.