“Christmas Bargain”

48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Christmas Bargain”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went here after the christmas day but still most of the stores offered goods at discounted price plus additional discount due to christmas. managed to grab a shoes from GEOX for my friend. very comfy and was sold at reasonable price. more new shops were opened since my first visit to JPO last year. it just the food court that need major improvement. foods sold are at premium price with bad taste. hate this. better go straight to the fine dining restaurant or a coffee house for your meal. since we were not satisfied with the foods we had at the court, we had another coffee break with slice of cake and pastry at the coffee bean outlet. yum. and continue our shopping spree before heading to the airport which was located nearby, around 10 minutes drive. might visit this place again.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Premium is the keyword...”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you have little to do and find yourself in the southern part of the peninsular and are curious what the hoo haa is all about, by all means, drop by. You might find something you like. At least just for the experience.

If, you're like many of us who travel so regularly to the US, then JPO might be a disappointment. In fact, I rather prefer Phuket's outlet.

First, the time we went, we noticed plenty of flies. Time of the year perhaps but to be fair, there were plenty of fly traps around. Car park spaces plenty too at very reasonable rates.

Now shops....good variety, but I'm not impressed with the prices. Take a watch outlet upstairs. I can get cheaper prices in KL from the authorised distributor even with the discounts. A luggage cover that cost a third of the price of the luggage? Hmmm....and I got the same model luggage in Delhi at 30% cheaper (after JPO discount). Of course, its not fair to compare, but there you are.

Had tea at George and the Dragon. Quite enjoyed it. Dinner at Absolute Thai tasted more like Chinese than Thai.

Probably a good place for an outing with the family, bargain hunting, although all we managed to get were some T shirts & shorts for the maid.

1 Thank Mike H
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Bargains galore”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a must stop for us when in JB. Only because, you never know what your gonna find, whether planned or otherwise. There are now additionally 50 shops, to add to your treasure hunt to find your coveted items. Particular likes for me are Fossil for their bags, watches and jewelry (as they seem never to be on sale in KL), Top Shop for great T shirts; CK/AX/DKNY for fab bags and shoes etc. But seriously, must be visited to be believed. Good shoes required for all that walking. And beware the flies which appear everywhere, especially at the food court.

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Average range and pricinig”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Agree with some of the reviewers, I have been to at least half a dozen outlets locations in US, East and West Europe and East Asia, this visit was the most uninspiring.

Let's use Nike and Adidas outlets as a benchmark to other outlet shopping. Nike range was fair, store was fairly large and staff was generally helpful. Adidas store was smaller in scale, ranging was average and staff attention was apathetic Pricing was average at best.

After spending 2 hours, we were hard pressed to find any items worth buying. Definitely not worth the trip for tourists to Spore/Malaysia, your time would be better spent on other attractions.

Kudos for the management of setting up flytraps throughout the premises, that helped to keep the situation under control, but only just.....

Cairo, Egypt
119 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Do not waste your time”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have been to many Premium Outlet malls in many countries. I have always found great items at even better prices and spent upwards of 8 hours looking around and making purchases. I was excited to visit this outlet.

We had to pay for parking. Not usually a big deal, but when we waned to leave, the line for the pay station was well over 20 minutes long. The wait to pay is ridiculous. When I am ready to leave, I want to leave, it is time to go.

The prices were stil quite high for an outlet mall and the selection was overall poor. Only found 1 item that was with getting.

Lower your expectations if you go. You might find something if you look hard enough. I saw very few people walking around with a lot of bags which is unusual for an outlet mall.

4 Thank Kimboni