Lake Kenyir Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rimba Hotel(Kuala Terengganu)
Good 3.5/5
Ada Hotel & Apartment(Kuala Terengganu)
  • Restaurant
Duyong Marina & Resort(Kuala Terengganu)
Average 3/5
J Suites Hotel(Kuala Terengganu)
Average 3/5
Hotel K.T. Mutiara(Kuala Terengganu)
Kenangan Hotel(Kuala Terengganu)
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2012

With great natural and beautiful surrounding, this resort, which happens to be the best in Lake Kenyir, disappointingly does not deliver what it could have. Sitting in the lobby with my notebook and the free wifi at 8.30pm, I am writing this review cause I have nothing better to do. The problem with the resort is that it is not trying to be excellent, I do not think it is trying to be good or even being average, or understand it needs improvement. Oh well, there is no competition, otherwise, it would have gone under long ago.

In Pangkor, there's a Pangkor Laut Resort; in Ipoh, we have the Banjaran; in Lake Kenyir, there could have been something similar but this is not to be. Not with this resort and its current management.

So, it is such a mis-opportunity. It could have elevated Lake Kenyir as a choice destination, promoted eco-tourism in Malaysia, and contributed more to the local economy.

Room Tip: Executive suite is bearable, private balcony with great lake view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank kiatsiong
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I didn't keep a high expectation byreading all the negative comment toward the resort. However, by check in to the room the 1st feeling was "not that bad ....". The lake view room that i having is spacious, clean, and in reasonable condition. The view was nice, wiill be a ideal place for natural lover. My travel time was i December, unfortunately is raining season, both myself and wife have no chance to enjoy the activities. Although is only staying in hotel but still feel relaxable. The morning breakfast was acceptable too although not much in variety. The staff was friendly. Will consider this place again.

Room Tip: Lake view is always a good option. Don't travel during raining season.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank keonglck79
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We stayed at this resort for 3 days 2 nights in end Nov 2011. Prior to arriving , we had read some reviews of your resort on the internet - various travel websites and blogs - and there were many bad reviews but we decided to try out the resort anyways

We stayed in a Lake View villa and the villa was spacious with a large balcony with brilliant views of the largest lake in South East Asia. We enjoyed just lazing around the balcony in the quiet afternoon with the family. The bath and shower room is large as well, overall nice, but need some maintenance as looks to be a little run down on some areas

The swimming pool is the biggest winner at the resort, nice double Decker pool overlooking the beautiful lake, our family enjoyed the time there.

However, the downside of this beautiful resort is the service, food quality and cleanliness in the food outlet. The one and only outlet at the resort is dirty (the outside and cooking station area) and I don't think the management is doing anything about this.

Here is some of our observations:

1.Based on the reviews we read on the internet , we were adviced to bring our own meals as much as possible – Maggie mee , sandwiches , tid bits etc etc. We decided to have a proper meal with the family at the restaurant and the food is tasteless and of bad quality! We should have packed our food prior to arriving at the resort!

2. Breakfast - the pastries tasted stale. And on both days that we had breakfast , the “side” items were the same! Worst still, the Egg station was not manned by a chef or staff and we had to wait for about 20 mins before a chef arrives to serve us! The restaurant was not even busy at this point of time

3. Dinner - boring and again tasteless! We did not have a choice but to dine at the outlet as there is no other food avenue!

4. Staff can't understand English and seems to be school trainees (as noticed on their tag)

What surprises me, the resort is rated 4 star, which I don't understand how they got such a star rating, probably falls under 2 star only, a shame for a resort located on such a beautiful location! The service, food quality and cleanliness is poor!

Please, hire a proper chef who can dish out a decent local meal, its embarrassing even the local food is non-standard by local taste! It is certainly a mistake by us to choose this resort as our family holiday during this school holidays!

Room Tip: Stay in a Lake View villa
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank nickfamily_11
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I didn't have any bad experiences with this resort. Nice room, great surrounding. The villa is built beside the lake, covered by trees. Yes, route to lobby from room is quite far, but still depends on which room you get. You can call buggy service to pick you.

I like the surrounding, I feel like I was living in the jungle with good house. I can picked star fruits just in front of my room. Take some time to walk around in the morning, but please wear shoes, to feel the fresh air and great nature. A lot of birds flying around, especially horn bills, please take your binocular if you have one.

This place definitely for nature lovers. Take a lake cruise, enjoy the tremendous view of the lake.

Not so impress with dinner buffet with the price. Not much choices on the ala carte menu too. But I still satisfied with the breakfast buffet.

You can get FREE wifi connection at the restaurant, lobby and swimming pool.

Swimming pool is clean, but still need some maintenance. The pool slide is closed.

If you looking for more entertainment, maybe this is not the place for you. But to enjoy the nature, this is great.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank guitarleo
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Bad service, dirty and old maintenance room. Not even have towels. At first, Equip with TV but no signal. Aircorn not cold and leaking. need half an HR to send towel. not cooperate as not arrange to change room and insist to send maintenance team. Totally spoil of holiday mood

• Stayed: October 2011