Bella Vista Waterfront
HIG Hotel(Kuah)
$32
$28
Priceline
Hotel Asia Langkawi(Kuah)(Great Value!)
$21
$17
$52
$42
Priceline
G Langkawi Motel(Kuah)(Great Value!)
$23
$44
$54
$47
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvalue for moneythe general managerpool sideandaman seafacing the seaseafoodlocal foodrented a careagle squarebvswisshoneymoonchinesekfcwonderland
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I visited this hotel in dec 2012. The hotel rooms are clean and quiet.It is in the city centre. The negatives the hot water shower doesnt work. The pool and beach area has become a construction site.The rooms are small in size.

Room Tip: visit this hotel after a year or so. when the construction work gets over.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashish w
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Ended up booking two rooms here since Federal Villa was full. What a disapointing stay to celebrate my mother's birthday! She requested a hotel with swimming pool but the swimming pool in this place is like a construction site. The pool bar is unfinished and there were no changing room - the tiny pool is far from the rooms.
We had sea view rooms, shouldn't have bothered to request for sea view as the one window in the room is tiny and the view was blocked by scaffolding.
Our bigest disappointment was no hot water in one of the room so all of us had to use the only one with hot water. This was pointed out to the staff but nothing was done. The only explaination given was the renovation work undergoing has caused hald the rooms' hot water to be affected. Good luck in trhying to figure out which ones have hot water and which ones doesn't!
Poor quality food for breakfast. Better to eat at the many seafood restaurant just outside the hotel.
I understand this is the better sister hotel compared to the one near the airport. Can't imagine what the standard is like at the other one if this 'better' one is this poor. Will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you have hot water in your bathroom!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KKChris
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Clean, quiet and nice I would say. The negatives are rooms too cramped,hot water shower not great(which you usually get in Hotels),Breakfast was bad. Other than that, nice decent hotel to stay with Family and really centre of town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mohanganapathy
Reviewed January 4, 2013

If you are still in the position to cancel this hotel do so now. We stayed there 15th to the 18th of December 2012 and had booked for two weeks, 4 nights were more than enough the whole place is a building site and the food is atrocious. You have no access to the sea as there are retaining boulders between what they call the beach and the sea, but with the JCB working there you can’t use it anyway. If you want to go to the BEACH you have a 20 min taxi ride from this hotel. The area around this hotel is run down and dirty, there is also a lot of construction work to the roads going on. This hotel is more like a transit hotel as there is continual coming and going which makes for a noisy place. The check in is slow, the room we booked was classed as deluxe I would hate to see a standard, the room was small no balcony although we did had a sea view and the windows were screwed shut (health and safety what). the pool is small to small for the size of the hotel there is a lack of sun beds (8 in total) and the ones they have have no mattresses on them. The rooms are nothing like the photos or the description on the internet. On a positive note the only one the staff are friendly and helpful. There are plenty of hotels just don't pick this one even the locals would give a sympathetic smile when we told them which hotel we were staying at

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank babsie2525
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had read a couple of average reviews on TripAdvisor when I was thinking about booking, but I thought that I would give Bella Vista the benefit of the doubt. Sadly, I'm really sorry I did.

First of all, the front desk staff kept us waiting 45 minutes to check-in, and she only completed the check-in when I lined up and made myself known again.

When we got to our room, I was severely disappointed. We had booked the "Deluxe Double Room" and I had requested a double bed, however on arrival it quickly became apparent that the room was very small with two twin beds pushed together. The room was also filthy. The floor was covered in dirt and strands of straight, black hair (I had been there 30 seconds when I noticed it all and I have brown, curly hair so I KNOW it wasn't mine). My partner then pointed out that one of the beds had stains all over the sheets. I called housekeeping, and they did promptly came and changed the sheets. This was to be the only good example of customer service during our two night stay. The bathroom was large, but also unclean - particularly with white marks (toothpaste?) on the walls, a grimy floor and mould in the shower.

Later that day, we decided to go check out the "Resort" facilities. They comprised of an extensive construction site with copious amounts of rubbish, and a single swimming pool. The man who was in charge of the towels had a very poor attitude and was very reluctant to answer my questions about what the buildings were going to be (a bar, apparently). There is NO beach, but a wall with some dirty sand. Did I mention the rubbish? Rubbish everywhere. On check-out they asked in the feedback form how we had enjoyed the recreational activities, but pool aside - I didn't see anything. This is NOT a resort, and NOT a spa. It is a hotel, mid-construction, with a swimming pool. Nothing more.

The main building was adorned with scaffolding as they were in the middle of repainting, and rightly so - the building is quite run down. Now, I am familiar with buildings in the tropics and I know they do deteriorate quickly but EVERYTHING about this place was dirty and run-down.

After a brief swim in the crowded pool, I rejoined my partner and we went to bed. We both slept very badly on the two hard single beds and the next day spent very little time at the hotel at all. We had the provided buffet breakfast which was standard Malay fare, slightly cold. It would be the same the next day. When we came back to our room that evening, the beds had been made but it was still not swept, and while the empty toilet roll had been taken away, it had not been replaced. That evening, I called the front desk for a wake-up call at 9am as we had to catch our flight out of Langkawi at 12.

The next morning, there was no wake-up call and I luckily woke up just after 9 giving us time to get ready. We had breakfast (just in time for the maitre d to make a leering remark at me) and then my partner went to go get the car while I checked out. The man at the reception was very indifferent, and I took the opportunity to tell him about some of my grievances - especially the lack of a wake-up call - and showed him some photos of the state of the room. He wrote some notes, and then told me that "that is all" and gestured for me to leave. I didn't leave, but took the opportunity to write a complaint on the feedback form. I also informed him that I would be writing this up on TripAdvisor. He couldn't have cared less.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple