“Hotel my views.”

Bella Vista Waterfront
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Kuah
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Clean, quiet and nice I would say. The negatives are rooms too cramped,hot water shower not great(which you usually get in Hotels),Breakfast was bad. Other than that, nice decent hotel to stay with Family and really centre of town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mohanganapathy

Reviewed January 4, 2013

If you are still in the position to cancel this hotel do so now. We stayed there 15th to the 18th of December 2012 and had booked for two weeks, 4 nights were more than enough the whole place is a building site and the food is atrocious. You have no access to the sea as there are retaining boulders between what they call the beach and the sea, but with the JCB working there you can’t use it anyway. If you want to go to the BEACH you have a 20 min taxi ride from this hotel. The area around this hotel is run down and dirty, there is also a lot of construction work to the roads going on. This hotel is more like a transit hotel as there is continual coming and going which makes for a noisy place. The check in is slow, the room we booked was classed as deluxe I would hate to see a standard, the room was small no balcony although we did had a sea view and the windows were screwed shut (health and safety what). the pool is small to small for the size of the hotel there is a lack of sun beds (8 in total) and the ones they have have no mattresses on them. The rooms are nothing like the photos or the description on the internet. On a positive note the only one the staff are friendly and helpful. There are plenty of hotels just don't pick this one even the locals would give a sympathetic smile when we told them which hotel we were staying at

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank babsie2525
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had read a couple of average reviews on TripAdvisor when I was thinking about booking, but I thought that I would give Bella Vista the benefit of the doubt. Sadly, I'm really sorry I did.

First of all, the front desk staff kept us waiting 45 minutes to check-in, and she only completed the check-in when I lined up and made myself known again.

When we got to our room, I was severely disappointed. We had booked the "Deluxe Double Room" and I had requested a double bed, however on arrival it quickly became apparent that the room was very small with two twin beds pushed together. The room was also filthy. The floor was covered in dirt and strands of straight, black hair (I had been there 30 seconds when I noticed it all and I have brown, curly hair so I KNOW it wasn't mine). My partner then pointed out that one of the beds had stains all over the sheets. I called housekeeping, and they did promptly came and changed the sheets. This was to be the only good example of customer service during our two night stay. The bathroom was large, but also unclean - particularly with white marks (toothpaste?) on the walls, a grimy floor and mould in the shower.

Later that day, we decided to go check out the "Resort" facilities. They comprised of an extensive construction site with copious amounts of rubbish, and a single swimming pool. The man who was in charge of the towels had a very poor attitude and was very reluctant to answer my questions about what the buildings were going to be (a bar, apparently). There is NO beach, but a wall with some dirty sand. Did I mention the rubbish? Rubbish everywhere. On check-out they asked in the feedback form how we had enjoyed the recreational activities, but pool aside - I didn't see anything. This is NOT a resort, and NOT a spa. It is a hotel, mid-construction, with a swimming pool. Nothing more.

The main building was adorned with scaffolding as they were in the middle of repainting, and rightly so - the building is quite run down. Now, I am familiar with buildings in the tropics and I know they do deteriorate quickly but EVERYTHING about this place was dirty and run-down.

After a brief swim in the crowded pool, I rejoined my partner and we went to bed. We both slept very badly on the two hard single beds and the next day spent very little time at the hotel at all. We had the provided buffet breakfast which was standard Malay fare, slightly cold. It would be the same the next day. When we came back to our room that evening, the beds had been made but it was still not swept, and while the empty toilet roll had been taken away, it had not been replaced. That evening, I called the front desk for a wake-up call at 9am as we had to catch our flight out of Langkawi at 12.

The next morning, there was no wake-up call and I luckily woke up just after 9 giving us time to get ready. We had breakfast (just in time for the maitre d to make a leering remark at me) and then my partner went to go get the car while I checked out. The man at the reception was very indifferent, and I took the opportunity to tell him about some of my grievances - especially the lack of a wake-up call - and showed him some photos of the state of the room. He wrote some notes, and then told me that "that is all" and gestured for me to leave. I didn't leave, but took the opportunity to write a complaint on the feedback form. I also informed him that I would be writing this up on TripAdvisor. He couldn't have cared less.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ArchaicMosaic
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Front office staff was lazy and not accommodative. Facilities poor. Near construction site. Restaurant food average. Swimming pool nothing to talk about. photos are deceptive. Don't fall for the castle looking exteriors! Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank doctorgupta
Reviewed December 21, 2012

second time to this hotel.

My recommendations:
-faster check in pleaseeee...
-breakfast spread has deteriorated, limited choices and mundane menu compared to last time.

My compliment
- close to Kuah town, easy shopping and etc...
- close to the sea

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Johan B
Reviewed December 18, 2012

If you are looking for a free and easy getaway in langkawi island and want to shop around for liquor and chocolate this is the place to put a night or two.breakfast is average but the
Hotel lift is stink with dirt smell..don't expect a nice bathroom and the king size bed is a combination on two single bed.You can take a cab to the town the please be prepare for a big budget for the fees. A trip to Kuhn town from the hotel will cost you RM6 for 2km distance. If you like to have nice sea food in cenang beach it is about 28km from Kuah Town you have to pay about RM36 per way.so plan your trip or if for adventurism type please rent a car.To sum up it is a getaway to freedom .....have a great holiday in Langkawi

Room Tip: Try to book during non chool holiday season if You look for lower rate and free and easy stay .
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Des M
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have been there in last year for 4 nights. The location was good (as we planed to stay in Kuah) and there are many resturants & shopping malls nearby. The main attraction of the hotel was the view of the Andaman sea. From our room we can see the excellent beauty of the sea. The hotel staffs are also very frendly and helpful.

Room Tip: sea view room in the front building
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tushar000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuah
Bayview Hotel Langkawi
Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi
The Smith House
The Smith House
#1 of 1 in Padang Mat Sirat

Been to Bella Vista Waterfront? Share your experiences!