We booked and paid for this hotel for 10 nights, for rest and relaxation, after time in KL.
The website promises a romantic serene place for couples, so was just what we were looking for, or so we thought.
On arrival, we were met with the sight and sounds of a JCB digger, building the sea defence wall.
The fairytale turrets on the roof of the hotel, have not been blue for a long long time, and were black and running with rust. We asked the manager when the photo on the website had been taken, and he said it was before the hotel had even been built!!!
We were shown to our "deluxe" room. Photos on the website show a light airy room with fresh flowers, the reality - a tiny room with mould on the walls, and windows that will open 3 inches to enjoy the "sea view" (complete with building work).
The Nautilus restaurant for "under the stars dining" was flat to the ground, as it was being completely re-built. So unless you were happy with a dingy little arabic "restaurant" in the far corner of the garden, you had to go out to eat.
The surrounding area was very dreary, with boarded up shops and restaurants, in fact the whole area, along with the hotel, needs knocking down and building again.
There is no access to any beach close by, and after all, you go to Langkawi for the beautiful white beaches, the closest was 25 minutes away by taxi.
The pool area looked nice enough, but it didn't appear that mattresses or towels were provided for the loungers, although to be fair, we didn't stay around long enough to ask, but the constant work of the digger would have meant that you would not be able to relax there at all.
I had picked up a leaflet on Langawi hotels while in KL, and was quite worried when this hotel had not got any star rating, but thought it really couldn't be that bad - it was!!!! It does not deserve even a half star rating.
Needless to say, we checked in on Tuesday morning, checked out 3 hours later, and booked into another hotel on the beach at Pentai Chenang.
My advice, do not believe anything the website says about this hotel, it is a dreary, depressing place with rude staff and management, when we dared to complain about the standard (or lack of it) If you do want to give it a try, do not pay before arrival, as we did, assess the place, and see if you think it deserves your hard earned money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Langkawi, the tranquil Jewel of Kedah, offers a unique blend of Asian cultures which is reflected at the Bella Vista Waterfront. Situated in the heart of Kuah town, amidst lush landscaped gardens and overlooking the clear blue waters of the Andaman sea, the resort is the perfect getaway for the discerning international pr domestic traveler whether on business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Bella Vista Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Vista Langkawi Hotel Kuah
- Bella Vista Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Bella Vista Hotel
- Bella Vista Waterfront Langkawi/Kuah