“New hotel. Nice view.”

Dayang Bay Serviced Apartment & Resort
Ranked #1 of 23 Specialty Lodging in Kuah
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel during Chinease New Year for 4 days 3 nights with my family. Checking in was a bit disorganised but overall nice and polite staffs. Altough it is a new hotel, the view are very nice and a lot can be improved to attract more tourist. If you wanna book a room, ask for a seaview room, otherwise u will be disappointed. The rooms was nice and cozy. Will definitely come again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Rizuan

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed overnight at the Dayang Bay Serviced Apartments as we wanted to be close to the ferry terminal the following day (this place is 10 minute drive away). Hotel is new but very mediocre. Decoration in the Reception area are rather OTT with plastic palm trees and fake flowers. The room we stayed in overlooked the pool, to be fair it was clean and the bed was comfortable. But the details like the tiles in the bathroom still having grout on them let the place down. The pool is a good size and has a kiddies pool along side, which looked great for people with families. Breakfast was better than expected following the reviews we had read. The staff were great and extremely helpful particularly Faris who organised our ferry tickets and arrange a pickup from the hotel for us. This place is ok for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room with seaview, rooms at back overlook wasteland.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SussieP
Reviewed April 3, 2014

There are few: - Upon reservation with Agoda or checked with hotel do not inform clear regard the room description, as the room I booked was 2 bedroom suite and the information I had received from both sides [Agoda & Resort] the room with 2 bed room however when I check in the room, the room actually is one Studios with one Deluxe [For one set 2 bedroom suite] If the room is connecting to each other I will not complaint it! But not! Room only side by side while the price was paid is greater than you booked separately!! - After 3 days payment done via Agoda call the resort to check the reservation they said no reservation be found!! As the Staff - Intan mentioned their reservation team was gone home so they can't check in details. So fine I call next day and following days after the next but what been informed was reservation teams on the line ask to call back!! What kind of hospitality!! In the end, I'm frustrated therefore make call to Agoda ask the staff to assist to check but end out without any replied email from Resort!! Until I had made the call to check with resort the lucky thing is I get the reservation team to confirm my reservations. - Regard the Internet WiFi, I understand resort was prevent the line to miss-use by none resort guest but not until everyday had to approach counter to get the new set login ID and password!! - Will you believe my stay for 4 days 3 nights but my keys can’t be use 2nd and 3rd day, it mean I had approach counter to renew my key everyday !! When asked the staff the mentioned system went wrong!! Fine for 1st time but 2nd times?? - One of my rooms the bathroom hot water was able to cook the egg in full cooked within 3 minutes even I turned to the cold water and closed the water heater on my third date!! Didn't inform resort as I already quite frustrated with their services!!

Room Tip: If you look a place stay without a good services from the resort here will be a good place to stay a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ghson
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at this place due to last minute deep discounts, but it is definitely not worth the advertised price. I believe the management inflated the price only to offer discounts as a marketing gimmick.

They have a fake pool of sand, no beach. I would rate this place as 3 star.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank reco86
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Overall, the hotel is very big and clean, perhaps because it is still new. It is near to the Langkawi Plaza or most of the local duty-free shops, and provides parking lots for the guests too. Breakfast and the facilities were okay but could have been improved better, such as swimming pool, ping pong table and pool table were provided. One advice would be not to open the balcony door for too long, as there're too many mosquitoes around ! But still the hotel staffs were friendly and really helpful, always with smiles as well. Definitely a good choice for a large group budgeted trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank stevenfjy
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were staying in Langkawi at a different resort.We had planned to go on to Thailand ,but we had to alter our plans at the last minute. Fortunately, we were able to get rooms at Dayang Bay.Did'nt Know anything abot it but when we drove up we were all pleasantly surprised.
Beautiful building. Very clean Its a brand new hotel so a few things were still being finished,but it did not interfere with our stay. The staff was exteremely friendly and all spoke English. Very helpful in arrangeing an island boat trip for us.
We had breakfast furnished, some western style food it was good. Nice infinity pool. Nice chikdrens pool and play area. Beautiful view of the moutains and the bay.Quite comfortable rooms.

I feel very comfortable recommending this facility.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank 47travelguy65
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I didn't expect to see such a nice hotel. It's designed to be a 4 star but now they got 3 star because some facilities not available yet.
We loved our stay though staff are not professional and lots of shortage in service.
I recommend this hotel but as it was my first visit, for the next time I prefer cenang beach area.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank rezasme
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuah
Adya Hotel Langkawi
Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi
Langkawi Seaview Hotel
Langkawi Seaview Hotel
#35 of 105 in Langkawi

Been to Dayang Bay Serviced Apartment & Resort? Share your experiences!