Eagle Bay Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$26
$19
$16
$71
$51
Hotel Asia Langkawi(Kuah)(Great Value!)
$23
$22
Trip.com
$18
$16
G Langkawi Motel(Kuah)(Great Value!)
$26
$24
Travelocity
$46
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewskuah townjetty pointeasy accessstrategic locationbuffet breakfastrenovationcenang
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2011

After a terrible ferry ride from Penang we arrived at Langkawi approximately 11:30am. We had been to Langkawi before and remember it being a beautiful place. As we had never been to the hotel before we decided to catch a cab which cost MYR6. As it turned out the hotel was literally only 10 min walk away. As we pulled up our first impressions were not too bad. Although it did not look as well presented as the pics on their website, a cleaner was outside cleaning the steps and was polite. Noone assisted us with our bags and we had to lug them up a few stairs, which was ok. The service upon check in was very poor. The lady didn't even smile and then tried to make us book an island hopping tour. We were given the key to room 617. We then grabbed our bags and entered the lift. The lift door did not even stay open long enough for us to all get in the lift. Even with my arm in it the doors still continued to close. Very unsafe for the kids. We got to our room and was absolutely let down. Our room was supposed to be a family "deluxe". The two queen beds were small and dirty, the blankets looked like they had never been washed. As soon as I opened the bathroom door, a sewerage smell wafted out. The shower was filthy, the vanity/sink was falling away from the wall. The toilet didn't flush properly and the water was leaking from under the sink. We were a family of four and they only provided us with 2 tiny, worn out towels and half a roll of toilet paper. When the room was serviced the next day, I don't even think they changed the towels. There were tiny ants everywhere. In the room, there were stains on the walls, only 1 tv channel which was fuzzy. All furnishings looked like they were 100 years old. We ended up going and hiring a car so we didn't have to spend time in the room. In the morning we headed down for our "buffet" breakfast. OMG it was apalling. The food looked like it was days old, the juice looked mouldy, the toaster didn't even work properly. They were even too cheap to light the oil burners under the food warmers to keep the food warm. I didn't allow myself or my family to eat the food, for the fear of food poisoning. I will never go back to this place or recommend it to anyone ever. It is the most disgusting, dirty and appalling hotel I have ever seen in my life and it should be condemned. Be warned - stay here at your own risk.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Aussie_Tianshi
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Langkawi is a small island of Malaysia, surround by the sea and having so many beautiful and eye catching places. During my visit in Malaysia my first stop was Langkawi Island and I stayed in a hotel name Hotel Eagle Bay, which is 40mins away from the airport but very close to the Eagle Point and the sea.

I stayed in that hotel for 03 days. To me the location of the hotel is very good and I believe staying in this hotel financially worthwhile. Also the people are very friendly and nice to the visitors like us.

The hotel's main entrance is nicely decorated, even though the outlook of the hotel is bit old but inside is nice, clean and tidy. They have pretty big cafeteria for their guest. One thing I must say that the size of the room is big enough to move.

Definitely, during my next visit to Malaysia I will go to the island again and without any doubt i will stay in the same place, and so far I recommended the hotel to some of family and friends who already visited the place and in the future I will do the same.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank tara0412
Reviewed December 31, 2010

The whole place is dusty and dirty, curtains are stained, beds ARE filthy (looks they don't even have cleaners to clean the room), room is musky and smelly (hardly any ventilation and I fell sick cos of that), the air-con, and fan were dud (esp air con, might as well not have it at all).The toilet bowl leaking, the breakfast was just BAD. Overall, a terrible experience, even if im on a tight budget, i would NOT stay here!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank junster12
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We booked and paid for 5 nights' stay in their Deluxe Family Room. The pictures looked good but totally misleading. We got a shock when we checked into Room 718 (couldn't remember the exact room no. on the 7th floor as we ended up not staying there). It was old, dull, and smelled. The 2 queen-size beds looked old & dirty, the bedsheets stained and the blankets really, really worn-out and appalling. My teenage children refused to sleep on the beds as they worry about the hygiene. The toilet bowl was leaking and the bathroom in a bad state. There was no air-condition and only a ceiling fan. We couldn't bring ourselves to crawl into those dirty sheets to sleep. We were in the room for half an hour assessing the situation and we decided to move out to stay in another motel just down the road which is cheaper, newer, cleaner and friendlier staff. We forfeited our money, never stayed a single night and will NEVER come back to this hotel again. Do not judge by their photos on the website as the reality is very different. Go at your own risk!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Jan117959
Reviewed December 18, 2010

We stayed here for 2 wks in feb 2010.We hired a car as to see most of the island you will need transport-no proper public transport other than cab.The hotel was very quiet the 1st wk then very busy the 2nd due to the langkawi ironman competition taking place.The hotel was very cheap and the facilities fairly basic, but the staff were good, the room ok and the food a bit predictable but good enough at the price.Not the best hotel on the island but at the price we paid value for money

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple