All reviewspark deanswimming poolqueens viewriverside lodgekids entertainmentplay parkshop on sitechip shopforest walknarrow roadcentral heatingamusement arcadeevening entertainmentduck pondsingle tracktotslovely park
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Stayed for a short break at Tummel Valley and yes I must admit the scenery is very magnificent, but do not be mislead by the brochure which says large and liverly, it is non of these. There is a tiny over priced grocery shop, with the selection that is like you would have seen on a bad day in the USSR before the iron curtian fell. The nearest town is Pitlochry 15 or so miles away along a narrow country lane often used by large vehicles. Again do not be fooled the site is no where near Pitlochry! Make sure you bring plenty of supplies and food, the supermarket there is limited too.

Another big concern I saw was the childrens play park on the banks of an EXTREMERLY fast flowing river with phenomonal strong currents, and inadequate fencing. Do please watch your children, anyone who falls in there has no chance!

I think the place is ideal for anyone who wants a break away from it all. For people who are not so concerned about entertainment or facilities and prefere the solitude and I would say that is a selling point. I would not recommend this place for families with young childen who like play facilities.

To conclude, do your research, check google Earth its small and quiet, make sure you bring your own food and plenty of it and lots of DVDs board games, books etc for wet weather or boredom.

• Stayed: October 2009
3  Thank ElCowboy2008
Reviewed November 14, 2009

After booking a holiday to the Tummel Valley park I read some of the reviews on here and was dreading it!

Yes, the road is windy, and yes it is a bit from Pitlochry, but if you know that, its not that bad. There is loads to do and see around the area, so we were expecting to drive around a lot. We didn't always take the road straight to Pitlochry you can go round another way to various places. I am not the most confident on windy country roads, but it really WASN'T that bad, not nearly as bad as made out to be here.

We were there with my 3 year old son and my Mum and sister. The Lodge was fantastic, spotlessly clean, everything looked brand new. Huge lounge and kitchen area, with everything you could need. 3 bedrooms, one en suite . Seperate bathroom with bath, fantastic showers. Flat screen tv in lounge and additional tv in master bedroom.
Really good value at what worked out as about £20 per night per adult.

The facilities... yeah they are not great. We didn't eat in the restaurant or use the bar,but that wasnt because they werent nice (although they didnt tempt us!). The shop was ok,typical caravan site of this type shop, a bit expensive, but had stuff if you weren't prepared. We did have food from the take away, it was nice! It wasnt any worse than any other chipper!

The pool was great, yes the changing rooms could be upgraded, its not like a private gym, but they were fine to get changed in. My son loved the pool. you do need to arrive 10 mins before the session and if its busy you might not get in,so you need to plan

We had a great time, we loved the lodge, the pool was great. The play park is near a river, I wouldnt leave my son unsupervised so it wasnt a major problem for us.

All in all, it was fine, think some folk on her are having a big moan! Also I thought the staff were nice

1  Thank luluxbx
Reviewed October 26, 2009

we booked our touring pitch for 8 nights sat till the following sunday when we arrived at the reception the staff didnt know what there were doing didnt know who we were as for my friends and rest of my family same happened to them. i was looking forward to this stay here as it was my first time here and some familys first time as well the toilets werent cleaned they were dirty. the pitches are not level at all . wewent to the bar at nights the kids enjoyd the entertainment for them but the rest was rubbish we had a game of bingo we called the girl ignored us saying she never heard she did as for the swimming pool it is tiny the pool entertainment in pool was rubbish but the pool party kids enjoyed the most i wont be going there again wouldnt wish on anyone ill give it 1/10

3  Thank bikerse
Reviewed October 20, 2009

We used to look forward to coming here, but, after 2 visits this year, we will not be back unless things improve. Although our caravan was lovely the on site facilities leave much to be desired. To say that Tummel Valley has deteriorated would be the understatement of the century. Parkdean management needs to spend some money on improving this park.
The outside of the building is neglected and falling apart, especially the deck area. The children's play area is much too close to an unfenced fast flowing river, (surely some Health and Safety violation) and as for the Crazy Golf ???????
The inside of the faciltiy is just as bad. The windows are filthy and look as if they haven't been cleaned for months. The carpet is really dirty and while we were there popcorn had been spillt and no one was interested in cleaning it up. The toilets were so bad that my wife took our kids back to the caravan to use the one there. Staff are slower than snails. Poor selection of drinks and vastly overpriced, be prepared to queue forever. Also there is no cash point on site and they won't accept Switch for drinks only. No cash back available either.
The entertainment !!!! After the third night of exactly the same thing our kids didn't want to go. We were glad of this as the volume was unbearable.
We are so disappointed as we love the area, however, next time we will be going somewhere safer, cleaner, not so overpriced and, most importantly, somewhere the customer actually matters
Our advice, do the same.

4  Thank eastiebeastie
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Please be aware as other trip advisors have said Tummel Valley is not near Pitlochry. Its a good 25 min drive down a windy almost single track road. Scenery is stunning yes and had we not had fab weather that week, it could have been hellish. We had the car luckily and travelled out every day but it meant a good drive every day.
Our Caravan was ok, the fridge was mouldy, the paper had peeled off in one room and the settees were all stained but could have been worse. I have 3 young kids 9, 6, 3. They were happy to go out on bikes luckily as there is nothing else to do. the play park is tiny and next to a raging rapid of a river which scared the life out of me, cause just a tiny wee fence around one part. Also the place seemed quiet but it you ever ventured into the bar, you would find all of Scotlands finest jammed in there. the system to get into the pool was a total joke (so was the pool) and the whole place needs done up.
Oh and the receptionist only knows two words....yeah....naw.

Wont be going back!!!