“Nr Pitlochry...eh NO!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tummel Bridge
Parkdean - Tummel Valley Holiday Park
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Please be aware as other trip advisors have said Tummel Valley is not near Pitlochry. Its a good 25 min drive down a windy almost single track road. Scenery is stunning yes and had we not had fab weather that week, it could have been hellish. We had the car luckily and travelled out every day but it meant a good drive every day.
Our Caravan was ok, the fridge was mouldy, the paper had peeled off in one room and the settees were all stained but could have been worse. I have 3 young kids 9, 6, 3. They were happy to go out on bikes luckily as there is nothing else to do. the play park is tiny and next to a raging rapid of a river which scared the life out of me, cause just a tiny wee fence around one part. Also the place seemed quiet but it you ever ventured into the bar, you would find all of Scotlands finest jammed in there. the system to get into the pool was a total joke (so was the pool) and the whole place needs done up.
Oh and the receptionist only knows two words....yeah....naw.

Wont be going back!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
10  Thank Lorripie

Reviewed October 10, 2009

We were booked in Monday to Friday, but left on Wednesday we relied solely on the brochure details, and assumed ... NR Pitlochry meant just that , we never thought it was 14 mile away along winding country lanes. We never thought to read Trip Advisors write up on facilites.
One brochure said lively and leisurley! it was certainly leisurley. Anyone wanting total relaxation then this is the place, but that is all it is good for! I don't know where the 'lively 'comes from
The caravan we had was excellent! but that's all, the so called entertainment complex was small, the carpet needed a good vacuum, the windows had sticky finger marks.
there is absoloutely NOTHING! to do. We walked around the site, there is a basic play park for children, which are FREE! in all towns etc and bigger (this is free buit paid for in the cost of the holiday) The so called crazy golf is made of plastic and in need of brightening up it looks ancient and only fit for kids.

The mini supermarket is just that, more like a small corner shop. the stock was totally inadequate taking into account the park being isolated in the middle of nowhere. No books or gifts and not the most inspiring place to shop with one small freezer I did not see any fresh meat. Other than this it is a 30 mile round trip to Pitlochry to the only supermarket there being Co-op.

I felt insecure being so remote

No village post office or pub, just NOTHING!

There is a small takeaway, but it smelt like old stale fat, not appetising.

Nothing to do for children, other than sit over them in a play park all day.

We did not buy drinks in the bar but took our own, reading the comments on the high prices, you are much better off going abroad!

Never again!

Final comment ... Research before you book, and remember 30 mile round trip on winding country lanes from Pitlcohry. Take plenty of supplies, plenty of books, and be prepared for a very quiet holiday. NOT LIVELY!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tirol94
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Tink of a place, full of jakified pikies called STAFF that don't know what a can of iron-bru cost 49p! no £1.15 ya tink and don't know how to make food without a microwave and some stale nan bread wit they aw aboot.
Half the staff don't where they are nevermind knowin how to make a chip they need to get a real job like that turd of an "entertainer" TINK!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank Tinkmaster
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Tummel Valley was the best caravan iv eva been 2 im shocked to see those comments im a teenage disabled girl in a wheelchair and i loved tummel that was the best caravn i had been too.

• Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank tummyV
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Arrived at 3.30pm, got our keys ok for our caravan. Was terrible, mould on double mattress, rust on raditators, musty smell, right a top of site with no view.

Asked reception for another caravan, which was dealt with straight away. Second caravan was very nice, more room for family, and nearer to complex. Our son played football most nights at all purpose weather court!

Shop was well stocked and reasonable priced. Take away food was great!

Swimming pool too small, not very clean looking, only went once,stayed in 20 minutes, needs upgrading.

Drink very expensive.

Overall we enjoyed our stay here, apart from the rain!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank N0rthumberland
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Booked a 5 night stay for our touring caravan, arrived at 4pm last Tuesday after driving for nearly 4 hours with a 3 and 2 year old and just wanted to get set up. Waited at reception for about 10 minutes and finally got booked in, told which pitch to go to only to discover that a truck was parked on that pitch (owners nowhere to be seen) went back to reception and after another 10 minutes was told to go to a different pitch, discovered that that pitch was like a muddy bog and refused to go on it, another 15 minutes the lady at reception just said sorry there is nothing else I can do, would you like a refund? so I said yes and am glad that I did as a few of the other people said that it was a terrible site and the staff was not helpfull at all.
Cannot comment on the facilities as we did not get a chance to use them but can definately say I will not be going here again.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank tdyummymummy
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Tummel Valley Holiday Park - where do I start?

After booking on this site and reading various reviews some good some very bad, one got confused about the truth. So after making a decision of we jolly well trooped to - Tummel Valley Holiday Park.

Before I go any further I want to clear up the confusion. This site is primarily a Static Caravan Holiday Park with an excellent entertainment centre, Bar, Restaurant, Pool, Sauna etc. There is even a well stocked shop on site. I can not stress loud or long enough about the three entertainers employed by the park for the Kids. One in particular, the male entertainer, is without doubt, brilliant with both children and adults. In my opinion he should be on £1000 a day. This accounts for the Good reviews on various web sites. They are reviews from people who holiday at Tummel Valley in the STATIC Caravans. Now for the Tourers both caravan and motorhome:-

I have never, ever, in 30 years of touring in various campers and motorhomes come across such a poor touring site nor poorer ill maintained pitches or toilet/shower facilities. My weeks stay there was, the most miserable stay on any campsite anywhere I have stayed in Europe or the UK.

The Pitches:
The first inclining of problems was driving on to the touring part of the site. I noticed sheets of wood on most of the vacant pitches (we arrived early) and on a few of them the occasional rear window shelf from a car or van lying around. When we pulled up to our pitch it looked dry enough but in reality the ground was sodden. There is no drainage to take water away from the pitches. They where appalling. Although the hard standing was gravelled it made the grassed part of the pitch even wetter because the gravelled part did not allow water to drain away and the pitches, in the slightest of rain fall filled up with water and it was always in the area of the caravan/awning part. In other words the part where you have to tread to gain access to and from your awning/van. It does not take rocket science to work out just how wet and muddy both can get.

The Water fill/Waste water points:
You can fill up your water supply with ease but try and empty you dirty water and immediately the drain overflows, so poor is the drainage from the pitched areas. It was easier to just drag the waste water container away from the van and turn it upside down in some long grass. It saved you getting your feet, already soaked through with the pitches, getting covered in waste water. Really..........

The Toilet/Shower Block:
I went for a shower on the first morning there and whilst standing in the shower (basically a wet room with the drain right in the middle of the showering part) I realised that the water was actually coming back up the drain and I was standing in water that had came back up. There was no seat or any type of area to sit down in and only one small hook on the door. When I finished getting showered I had to stand in the urinal area of the toilets because it would have been standing in dirty water that had by now flooded the shower. Believe me getting dried in the urinal area was a better option.

The urinals where filthy, the drier did not work, The ventilator did not work so the place smelled all the time of people doing what they do.

In a nutshell I have seen better maintained and cleaner public toilets in fair grounds and sea fronts than those at Tummel Valley.

OTHER POINTS:

Pylons/High Voltage Cables:
Someone wrote on a review somewhere that the Electric cables from the near by power station run directly across the Pitches. They do but you do not notice them and the nearby power station, I found very interesting and strangely beautiful to look at.

THE SHOP:
On any campsite almost anywhere in the UK if you need toilet fluid or spare parts for your van most carry such items. Well we ran out of Blue Toilet Chem and when I asked at the shop if they had any I was told “Sorry we don’t stock it as we don’t get asked for it”. !!!!!!!!! On looking around the shop there was not one bit of touring merchandise of any kind.

The Duck Pond:
Filthy and full of rubbish

In conclusion:
Tummel Valley Holiday Park is basically a Static Caravan Holiday Park and a good one at that. But from a touring point of view - Do not go there. When you drive in you see a sign “We take your tourer as down payment on a Static” or words similar to these. That about sums up the site. Go there in your tourer have such a bad time that you buy a static. It cost us £31 per night and I could not see one penny of that money going back in to the pitches or touring part of the site. It is my guess that they have a touring area purely to take extra money in lean times and that is greed.

POINT TO NOTE
IF YOU RUN OUT OF ANYTHING RELATING TO TOURING IT IS A 26 MILE ROUND TRIP TO THE NEAREST TOWN TO GET ANYTHING.

I have been touring for 30 years. Tummel Valley Holiday Park was the straw that broke the camels back. I doubt after my experience this past week that I will ever go touring again. Please do not go to Tummel Valley in a tourer it is not a touring site.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club
Fonab Castle Hotel
Fonab Castle Hotel
#4 of 18 in Pitlochry

Been to Parkdean - Tummel Valley Holiday Park? Share your experiences!