“Outstanding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tummel Bridge
Parkdean - Tummel Valley Holiday Park
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was a Sun holiday short break for four days midweek. We are a couple seeking a quiet relaxing break in the lovely Scottish countryside and thats exactly what we got. The park is in an excellent location being set in woodland, surrounded by the beautiful mountains and forrests. Our caravan overlooked a duck pond and we were able to watch the wildlife from our caravan window. The standard of the caravan was superb, much better than I expected (so much so that I was sure they had given us the wrong caravan) The restaurant and bar were relaxed and laid back and the meals were a good price and of excellent quality. I have been on these Sun deals before but this is by far the best one. Thankyou Tummel Valley we had a wonderful time and I didnt want to leave!

Room Tip: If you get chance to choose I would ask for a caravan overlooking the pond, it was lovely
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne064

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Had a lovely Easter family break with our two and four year old's. Stayed in the basic Parkdean 'Birch' caravan which was clean, tidy and had all you needed. As with these vans it was a little on the cold side so may be worth upgrading to one with central heating and double glazing - but a few blankets and we were all fine.

Lovely quiet site, pool was small but adequate - although it could get a little busy and the changing rooms were not really large enough during busy times. However if you use a little sense and get in the pool a little earlier and leave a little earlier you avoid the changing room issue.

The park is quiet, staff friendly and the general upkeep and cleanliness was good.

This is a quiet getaway site, and is quite remote which is what attracted us to this site. If you have old children they would probably get bored quickly - you need to be prepared for a lovely quiet break in a lovely setting - rather than a hectic site with loads of activities.

The road leading to the site is no problem. Other reviewers tend to moan about this, but its just a normal country road, if you can drive properly then it is really not a problem and the views en route are lovely.

Tip for Parkdean - find a way to extend the onsite shop, it is just about adequate but if you extended it (perhaps into a static van even) you would increase your profits. Also - suggest a soft play area somewhere for the youngsters. Also strongly advise you to fence off that play area - being so close to the river it is an accident waiting to happen and it would be a tricky case to defend if there were an injury or worse. Reviewers seem to have been saying this for years....Just a tip.

Overall a peaceful, friendly site for a quiet and relaxed escape.

Room Tip: Go for a caravan with double glazing and central heating in case it gets cold.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a 3 night holiday, staying in one of Parkdean's caravans.

Firstly, the check-in staff at reception were really pleasant, you really got the impression they wanted you to enjoy your stay and were not "just doing their job".

The caravan we were allocated was spotlessly clean and well equipped. It was a true credit to the parks cleaners.

We took the family to the entertainment club every evening. The kids entertainers were great, and the bar staff were also wonderfully helpful. The bar was not overpriced either. The only thing I would say is the selection of beers available was poor.

We did not use the pool or the restaurant, but both looked to be of very high quality.

Overall this was a superb break, and I am certain we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Squigs123
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we've been , we arrived for our 4 night break at the designated 4pm time to find a massive queue although we appeared to have been lucky as our caravan was ready . On arrival our caravan was a 2013 model which was very clean and to us a great location up the back next to the forest. I'm 6ft 3 and unfortunately the bed was only suitable for smaller people so had to sleep on the sofa . We love the location of the park in the middle of nowhere surrounded by beautiful countryside but that means its a 14 mile drive each way to Pitlochry we don't mind that but be aware. Our children where desperate to see Sid and lizzy so we decided to eat onsite . After waiting for over an hour we got our food which was nothing special but ok. This was the Easter school holidays so we decided to eat out from the site as it was so unbelievable busy and difficult to find a table but on the last nite (Thursday) we decided to eat onsite and let the children have a full night with the great parkdean troopers who are great . We went to the dinning area at 5pm and manages to get a table (just performances start at 6.30) began queuing to order food at 5.45 , 45 minutes later got to order food and was told no orders where being taken until 7 no one told us this beforehand or a reason as to why. Started queuing again at 6.50 to get to the front of the queue at 7.10 to be told they had none if the food we wanted and the kids meals and a burger if we wanted that would be ready in an hour and a half. By this time we where totally fed up and didnt bother ordering . This really let the holiday down as I said you can't just pop to the local shop to get food so we didnt eat that night and the children had hot dogs not acceptable . On checking out we where going to say how disappointed we where only to find two members of staff having an open disagreement , so left the keys and left. Disappointing end and would make us think twice before going back

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We are just back from a 3 night break in a 3 bedroomed lodge in Tummel Valley. We had never stayed before. We arrived around 230pm in the afternoon and were delighted to see the kids activity play are outside beside picnic benches and tables. The kids happily played in the sun while the adults had a few drinks sitting alongside. At the designated check in time of 4pm i went around to reception where there was a massive queue out of the door. There were several people noticeably waiting on the accommodation being ready. When I eventually got seen by a receptionist she informed me our Lodge was still not ready and this was around 430pm. I had 4 young children who despite being amused with the play park were desperate to get into the lodge for something to eat and to settle down. We were told to have a seat in the bar area and we would be informed when the lodge was ready. No one ever came and at 515pm I went back around and the lodge was finally ready.
The Lodge itself was nice but quite plain and dated in the bedrooms. It was lovely and cosy. The open plan living/kitchen area was nice but the sofas were both broken (castors had come off the front). The kitchen pans and knives were very well used and could definitely do with being replaced. We loved the position of our Lodge and felt it was still safe enough for the kids being beside the loch as there were fences all around.
The shop on site is great and sells everything. The pool was very disappointing, really small and the changing rooms were tiny! We had to queue to get in and wait to get changed afterwards as there werent any changing rooms available.
My kids had a ball on their scooters and bikes around the lodge but to be honest a few activities on site are a must really. We would possibly come back but in the summer months when we could maybe bring a bbq and do more outside.

Room Tip: We were in a 3 bedroom lodge beside the water and it was a really nice position.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed in 2 beroom lodge 22nd March, second time here and just as lovely as before. Lodges are beautiful with everything you could possibly need and very clean with lovely view. They have a new play are for younger kids outside which is very nice though my child didnt use much due to poor weather. I was glad that the road is kept clear of snow and gritted daily as was worried we wouldnt get there. At night they have entertainment for kids then something for the adults, though I preferred the entertainment a year ago ( Robbie Williams and Lady Gaga tribute acts), maybe as it was not so busy it lacked atmosphere this time around. They have a small pool which is adequate but didnt use this time. I cant fault any of the staff, they are all so helpful, chatty and go out of their way to make sure you have a fantastic time. The shop on site is good as are the prices plus food menu and bar prices. It is a small park so well suited for those with young children, not much for the teenagers to do. I cant wait to return as the lodges are just amazing and so cosy. Its a great place for a short break in beautiful countryside and if its sunny even better!

Room Tip: stay in a lodge and you wont want to leave!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I am disabled and use crutches and a wheelchair to get around so I have to book in advance to make sure that I get suitable accommodation. A couple of months ago I booked a break from Friday 15th to Monday 18th March 2013 for myself and my family to celebrate my 50th Birthday at Tummel Valley as they have all the facilities and we have been on several occasions before.

I received a phone call on Friday the 15th February from Parkdean informing me that there would be no facilities available on the Saturday 16th March until the Sunday 17th at 2pm, they apologised and told me that they forgot to put this information on the website and that they had a private event taking place that day and I had the option to cancel! I felt I had no option but to cancel as we had booked because of the facilities on offer and since you cannot arrive until 4pm on the Friday it would have meant there was nothing to do on the majority of the time of our 3 day break.

I received a refund minus the credit card booking fee!! I phoned to complain as I felt very let down that I had to cancel and asked for the fee to be repaid as they cancelled me and for compensation for the inconvenience and upset caused. I was offered £40 off my next holiday which I refused, I have now been offered a 4 day break in a lodge in June at a cost of £225 to myself which I have refused as I do not have that extra money having had to re-book my 50th break at extra cost due to the short notice.

I have been left at the last minute to find a break suitable for a disabled person and my party and change all the plans I had for which was supposed to be a relaxing celebration for my 5oth birthday.

Parkdean have told me that it is at there discretion to amend/alter bookings and it is in there terms and conditions which is fair enough however in my opinion I would be very wary of booking in the future as you may get cancelled at the last minute!!! May I also add that the holiday I had booked with them was still being advertised on Wednesday 6th March with NO mention of the facilities being closed, which in my opinion is misleading.

Visited March 2013

Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club
Fonab Castle Hotel
Fonab Castle Hotel
#4 of 18 in Pitlochry

Been to Parkdean - Tummel Valley Holiday Park? Share your experiences!