All reviewspark deanswimming poolqueens viewriverside lodgekids entertainmentplay parkshop on sitechip shopforest walknarrow roadcentral heatingamusement arcadeevening entertainmentduck pondsingle tracktotslovely park
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We are just back from a 3 night break in a 3 bedroomed lodge in Tummel Valley. We had never stayed before. We arrived around 230pm in the afternoon and were delighted to see the kids activity play are outside beside picnic benches and tables. The kids happily played in the sun while the adults had a few drinks sitting alongside. At the designated check in time of 4pm i went around to reception where there was a massive queue out of the door. There were several people noticeably waiting on the accommodation being ready. When I eventually got seen by a receptionist she informed me our Lodge was still not ready and this was around 430pm. I had 4 young children who despite being amused with the play park were desperate to get into the lodge for something to eat and to settle down. We were told to have a seat in the bar area and we would be informed when the lodge was ready. No one ever came and at 515pm I went back around and the lodge was finally ready.
The Lodge itself was nice but quite plain and dated in the bedrooms. It was lovely and cosy. The open plan living/kitchen area was nice but the sofas were both broken (castors had come off the front). The kitchen pans and knives were very well used and could definitely do with being replaced. We loved the position of our Lodge and felt it was still safe enough for the kids being beside the loch as there were fences all around.
The shop on site is great and sells everything. The pool was very disappointing, really small and the changing rooms were tiny! We had to queue to get in and wait to get changed afterwards as there werent any changing rooms available.
My kids had a ball on their scooters and bikes around the lodge but to be honest a few activities on site are a must really. We would possibly come back but in the summer months when we could maybe bring a bbq and do more outside.

Room Tip: We were in a 3 bedroom lodge beside the water and it was a really nice position.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed in 2 beroom lodge 22nd March, second time here and just as lovely as before. Lodges are beautiful with everything you could possibly need and very clean with lovely view. They have a new play are for younger kids outside which is very nice though my child didnt use much due to poor weather. I was glad that the road is kept clear of snow and gritted daily as was worried we wouldnt get there. At night they have entertainment for kids then something for the adults, though I preferred the entertainment a year ago ( Robbie Williams and Lady Gaga tribute acts), maybe as it was not so busy it lacked atmosphere this time around. They have a small pool which is adequate but didnt use this time. I cant fault any of the staff, they are all so helpful, chatty and go out of their way to make sure you have a fantastic time. The shop on site is good as are the prices plus food menu and bar prices. It is a small park so well suited for those with young children, not much for the teenagers to do. I cant wait to return as the lodges are just amazing and so cosy. Its a great place for a short break in beautiful countryside and if its sunny even better!

Room Tip: stay in a lodge and you wont want to leave!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I am disabled and use crutches and a wheelchair to get around so I have to book in advance to make sure that I get suitable accommodation. A couple of months ago I booked a break from Friday 15th to Monday 18th March 2013 for myself and my family to celebrate my 50th Birthday at Tummel Valley as they have all the facilities and we have been on several occasions before.

I received a phone call on Friday the 15th February from Parkdean informing me that there would be no facilities available on the Saturday 16th March until the Sunday 17th at 2pm, they apologised and told me that they forgot to put this information on the website and that they had a private event taking place that day and I had the option to cancel! I felt I had no option but to cancel as we had booked because of the facilities on offer and since you cannot arrive until 4pm on the Friday it would have meant there was nothing to do on the majority of the time of our 3 day break.

I received a refund minus the credit card booking fee!! I phoned to complain as I felt very let down that I had to cancel and asked for the fee to be repaid as they cancelled me and for compensation for the inconvenience and upset caused. I was offered £40 off my next holiday which I refused, I have now been offered a 4 day break in a lodge in June at a cost of £225 to myself which I have refused as I do not have that extra money having had to re-book my 50th break at extra cost due to the short notice.

I have been left at the last minute to find a break suitable for a disabled person and my party and change all the plans I had for which was supposed to be a relaxing celebration for my 5oth birthday.

Parkdean have told me that it is at there discretion to amend/alter bookings and it is in there terms and conditions which is fair enough however in my opinion I would be very wary of booking in the future as you may get cancelled at the last minute!!! May I also add that the holiday I had booked with them was still being advertised on Wednesday 6th March with NO mention of the facilities being closed, which in my opinion is misleading.

Visited March 2013

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank C L
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A nice warm place to relax in summer. Barbara was really nice aswell I cried when I had to leave her she was such a nice lady and all the staff where so kind and it was clean and you could just relax it was the best holiday I've ever been on:)

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a great time! Family with 2 boys aged 3 and 8. The boys loved all the entertainment.
[Two daily activities with Sid and Lizzie and evening games, then band/dancing].
The lodge was excellent. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The boys cant wait to see Sid and Lizzie again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family