All reviewspark deanswimming poolqueens viewriverside lodgekids entertainmentplay parkshop on sitechip shopforest walknarrow roadcentral heatingamusement arcadeevening entertainmentduck pondsingle tracktotslovely park
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I am disabled and use crutches and a wheelchair to get around so I have to book in advance to make sure that I get suitable accommodation. A couple of months ago I booked a break from Friday 15th to Monday 18th March 2013 for myself and my family to celebrate my 50th Birthday at Tummel Valley as they have all the facilities and we have been on several occasions before.

I received a phone call on Friday the 15th February from Parkdean informing me that there would be no facilities available on the Saturday 16th March until the Sunday 17th at 2pm, they apologised and told me that they forgot to put this information on the website and that they had a private event taking place that day and I had the option to cancel! I felt I had no option but to cancel as we had booked because of the facilities on offer and since you cannot arrive until 4pm on the Friday it would have meant there was nothing to do on the majority of the time of our 3 day break.

I received a refund minus the credit card booking fee!! I phoned to complain as I felt very let down that I had to cancel and asked for the fee to be repaid as they cancelled me and for compensation for the inconvenience and upset caused. I was offered £40 off my next holiday which I refused, I have now been offered a 4 day break in a lodge in June at a cost of £225 to myself which I have refused as I do not have that extra money having had to re-book my 50th break at extra cost due to the short notice.

I have been left at the last minute to find a break suitable for a disabled person and my party and change all the plans I had for which was supposed to be a relaxing celebration for my 5oth birthday.

Parkdean have told me that it is at there discretion to amend/alter bookings and it is in there terms and conditions which is fair enough however in my opinion I would be very wary of booking in the future as you may get cancelled at the last minute!!! May I also add that the holiday I had booked with them was still being advertised on Wednesday 6th March with NO mention of the facilities being closed, which in my opinion is misleading.

Visited March 2013

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank C L
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A nice warm place to relax in summer. Barbara was really nice aswell I cried when I had to leave her she was such a nice lady and all the staff where so kind and it was clean and you could just relax it was the best holiday I've ever been on:)

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a great time! Family with 2 boys aged 3 and 8. The boys loved all the entertainment.
[Two daily activities with Sid and Lizzie and evening games, then band/dancing].
The lodge was excellent. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The boys cant wait to see Sid and Lizzie again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the Tummel Valley Holiday Park through the Sun promotion. I was slightly apprehensive after reading some of the reviews but I needn't have been. The park was very peaceful and the views were lovely, The surrounding area was great for walking and very beautiful. The caravan though not new was comfortable and well equipped. I hope to go back next year. Would recommend the site to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sally J
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Bless when we got there just before 4pm and the staff seemed overwhelmed with the number of people trying to check in. Even so we got checked in very quickly and trundled up to our caravan. Right at the top of the park (but we actually liked that) which Is not that big.
The caravan was is good condition. A few bumps and small flaws but nothing to maon about.
The thing that got me (altho my other half and son didnt seem bothered by it) was the caravan being on a hill slopped down one side. The journey from the fridge to the sink had me spinning at first.
But we settled in. Unpacked and had tea. We had no problems with the kitchen or lighting things. They even provided a cooker lighter. The fire was ok. The grill had its moments. The place was cosy but the other rooms (bedrooms) just had a electric fan. But we soon learned popping shoes in doors circulated the air better and got it warmer quicker.
The bathroom was surprisingly big and the shower was fantastic.
After tea we checked out the site.
In my opinon in parts its only very recently been done up. The entertainment was ok.Slightly too much bingo for me. We played pool most of the time. The arcade is small. The bar/ enetertainment staff friendly.
We didnt eat there but the food seemed really good.
Didnt even see a crazy golf oops if I missed it. The sports court is ok. The play area for kids I thought was really good. I did feel the saftey issue with the water. But it is fenced off partly and as awful as it sounds in this day and age do you really trust leaving kids to play on there own ?
We took up bikes and what a great idea that was. Loads of great places to go on the bikes.
Yes its isolated. Budget for petrol and you could see some wonderful sights.
We were lucky to see Enchated forest in pitlochry (on oct every year). If you visit in Oct this is such an amazing thing to do for all the family.
As a footnote we got offered another caravan the day after we checked in (because of the slopping caravan) but turned it down. We had settled into the one we had. I got used to it. But they did say they would look at it. They never did according to my over observate partner knowing caravans :-)
Swimming .... erm... when we got in a roudy dad and his kids where causing bedlam in the pool hurling balls really hard everywhere. I was disappointed to see the pool staff looking scared by them and not doing or saying anything. I was glad when they left. The changing rooms are ok. The sauna again ok. The sgl sex change room was ok because it had cubicles. Dont bother with the hairdryer. I can blow hotter air. The Hairdryer provided in our caravan was great.
This park is a great base to explore from. Its a quieter park and I suppose a hidaway. Not really much to do on it. But we went out every day.
There is a cashpoint on site (think it charges). I suppose you could live off the shop. Its reasonably priced. It all is actually the food.. the bar and shop.
The road didnt bother us at all. Its not that busy and its a standard country road. I dreaded it after reading the reviews on here. Its not even single track. Been down a lot worse.
All in all id go back again very happily.
noted not many pics so popped up a few.

Room Tip: If problems ask the staff. They are really helpful. Maybe ask for a caravan thats lower the hill if you want to be near the complex. Budget for petrol. Its worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family