We drove from Paris CDG via Reims - about 4 hrs total. Take the autoroute all the way, the $20 toll is well worth avoiding 30kph speed limits in French villages. Gas up in Luxembourg - cheapest gas in Europe.
As a vacation home owner who rents his mountain house in Colorado to others, I always compare where I stay with the value I offer my own guests. This hotel was the only place we stayed in Europe which came anywhere close. The resort is large, clean, in the country, yet only 15 minutes drive (or train) to central Luxembourg City. For Europe, it is very inexpensive, the rooms are large, CLEAN, everything was in working order, (unusual for Europe) the large parking lot was free, and the restaurant served some American food at dinner, and had cooked breakfast options in the morning - unusual for continental Europe where they still eat bread and cheese like they did as serfs in the middle ages.
Free wireless internet in the lobby (or if not working, one shared computer terminal there), they speak fluent English, and if you want to play golf, it is only $60 or so. (plus club rental). Eating out on the deck in the evening, I felt like I was in Hawaii. It was lovely, and if (which is highly unlikely) I find myself within 100 miles of Luxembourg City in the future, I will stay here. On a three week road trip around Europe, this was the best place we stayed.
Oh yes, and it had a fantasic indoor swimming pool, hot tub and sauna. I will be happy to tell you more at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in exceptional natural surroundings, just 20 minutes drive from the city of Luxembourg and features 59 comfortable rooms, 14 duplex rooms and two suites with elegant, refined decor, as well as 1 apartment with a kitchenette. The hotel also offers a traditional restaurant, two bars, five meeting rooms, an indoor pool, sauna, fitness centre, solarium and an 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Kikuoka Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kikuoka Golf Club Hotel Canach
- Mercure Kikuoka Hotel
- Accor Kikuoka Hotel
- Mercure Kikuoka Golf Club Luxembourg/Canach