Nirwana Gardens Mayang Sari Beach Resort
Hotels.com
$634
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsspice restaurantnirwana gardenssea view chaletbeachfront chaletsshuttle buskelong restaurantbeautiful beachswimming poolindian cuisineking size bedthe main hotelclear watermini zoowater sportsseafoodrelaxing stayhorse riding
Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you are looking for tranquility and beauty, this will be the right location for you. The beach huts are cozy and the beach is fantastic. Staff throughout the hotel is great- very helpful and friendly. Most of the other comments are true.. the place is a bit dated, our bathroom has not been updated since the 80s, there are ants and broken handle etc. but is functional, and looks like they are in process of updating their rooms, we just got an old ones, that's all. If you are looking for a luxury.. this ain't, but is rustic, coay and peaceful! We definitely preferred this hotel to her big sister Nirwana Resort Hotel, where the pool is. The food options is also quite limiting within the Nirwana garden resort, and pricey for what you get in general. We find the Spice restaurant in Mayang Sari provides quite good food, but the Pool side restaurant in Nirwana Resort Hotel serves awful food, stay away. Food court option in the Resort center is not bad. Thai restaurant is also good but also pricey, though restaurant view is fab there! Overall we have a fun and fantastic stay with a 4 years old and 7 months old, thanks to the staff, beautiful beach.. and the fun elephant ride!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank photojc
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The sea view is excellent and our room is just literally one step to the beach which is not overly crowded and has a exclusive feel.

Within walking distance from the main resort and the swimming pool.

Very good for couples and a quiet vacation.

Although price is higher than normal hotel rooms, it is definitely worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TZG23
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel is located within Nirwana Garden, which is well maintained resort area operated by Nirwana group. This hotel is at right next to beach. Restaurant is in open air and quite nice atmosphere with good variety of food (Asian, Indian, Western, etc.). However, as we stayed 3 nights, the choice for dinner became limited. Breakfast buffet is excellent compared to its price. All the hotel staffs are very friendly and kind. Most of them recognized that we are Japanese and they explain in Japanese. Of course they speak excellent English as well. On the last night of our stay, we walked to Nirwana Resort Hotel, where there are many more choices of restaurants and food. I liked Mayang Sari Beach Resort better, because it is small scale, which means less clouded, and again the staffs there are very friendly. The beach is very clean, wide, and almost no people there. I learned that there are only 50 rooms in Mayang Sari Beach Resourt. That's why not many people. Inside the room looks authentic Indonesian style with minimum equipped. Space is plenty. We had king size bed with one extra bed (single). There was enough space to two more extra beds in fact. In the night, we didn't need air conditioner at all. In day time, when it was raining, we could just sit on the deck in front of the room to watch rain and enjoy its natural sound, read book, etc. WiFi was available in the main building (lobby, restaurant and on the beach close to the building). Staying away from Internet is one important element to relax. I think this hotel would be my regular place to visit.

Meanwhile, not only in this hotel, I didn't need to have Indonesian Rupiah but just need Singapore dollar in Bintan island. For people from Singapore, you will need insect repellant. Mosquitoes and ants will bite you otherwise.

Room Tip: The rooms facing beach should be much better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Over the past 10 years i have stayed at Mayang Sari Beach Resort numerous times with my wife, kids, friends, and extended family. Generally we spend a weekend relaxing on the beach or having drinks on the patio. While the resort is showing its age (though they have been renovating the beach huts), the staff have proven themselves time and again to be some of the best i have encountered. From preparing special meals for my kids, to the friendliness extended by everyone, from the security staff to the waiters at both Nirwarna and Mayang Sari. IF you are looking for a relaxing weekend away from Singapore, and do not want the hustle and bustle of the many resorts dotting the region. Go to Mayang Sari. I freely admit i wish you do not go so i can enjoy the peace of the place all to myself!

Mardm26-- its common sense to advise the wait staff when you make your order of your allergies, as well as when they serve the food. If in doubt ask to speak to the chef.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are lovely especially if you have kids as you can watch them on the beach. If you want total peace and quiet get rooms closer to the spa.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Dear Mardm26,

I was surprised to read your review. I have been to Mayang Sari Resort many times, and have not experienced, or witnessed, any rudeness from any of the Staff, nor have the many friends I have recommended to stay there. You had an issue with a food allergy. I have an allergy to prawns/prawn stock, but in my travels around the world, I always indicate this when I make the online booking, and then when I get to the hotel, I will advise the Chef or the staff before I review the menu so they can make suggestions, or decide to omit the prawn stock item from the dish I select. One cannot expect hotel menus to list each and every base ingredient that goes into the many dishes they offer. This is Asia and there are lots of ingredients that go into just one Asian dish; hence the guest must advise the Chef before ordering from a menu.
I hope you recovered well from whatever you suffered and had time to enjoy the sun, sand and sea. It is a place I recommend to my friends because of the innate courtesy that comes with the Indonesian culture and the staff reflect this very well. I always receive their courtesy because I am courteous myself. I'm not sure what happened with the spa manager, but again, I have been there many times and thus am surprised by your statement. Good luck with your food allergy and your future travels - don't forget to advise the hotel of your allergy when you make the booking otherwise you may end up with unpleasant stays wherever you go.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family