If you are in desperate need of a getaway but have limited time, Mayang Sari is a great place to go. I only had 2 days and was contemplating places like Tioman, Penang and even Bangkok. When I decided on Bintan, I was warned to be prepared to be disappointed. On the contrary, I was pretty impressed, especially by the cleanliness of the beach - it was so clear that when i stood in it, i can see fish swimming around my legs!
We were deciding between Mayang Sari and Nirwana Resort. When we got there, we had a look around - Mayang Sari was more rustic, more laid back and quieter while Nirwana Resort had more facilities, more restaurants/bars and more hype. We were very satisfied with our choice as Mayang Sari was a lot less crowded and had a bigger beach area. We stayed in a sea-facing villa and it was near perfect. The decor was very rustic and chilled; there was free drinks (soft drinks & mineral water) in the minibar, the bed was huge and soft, and the sea was right outside our porch. The only down side was that the bathroom was a little old but it was clean and everything else made up for it. The service was great - everyone was really friendly and helpful.
The resort was really well-maintained. We had a pleasant surprise when we walked from our hotel over to the nirwana resort hotel. We came across this "zoo" area where they kept animals like a vulture, hawk, crocodile, giant catfish, cobra, pythons... it was pretty impressive! I totally didn't expect that. The swimming pool was really nice, especially the jacuzzi bit and the pool bar was lovely.
Price-wise, it really is Singapore rates. We had dinner at the Kelong and I think it was a little overpriced and definitely not the best seafood. The black pepper crab was nothing like what we have in Singapore (it was a lot more buttery and sweeter) and the scallops were bland. Breakfast was a huge buffet spread at the Spice restaurant, with an amazing view of the sea and the beach so that was pretty awesome. One piece of advice - bring your own snacks and alcohol if you want to save some money. We did that and had a great picnic on our porch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leave the world behind as you cruise to Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan - a rustic resort tucked away in a pretty little cove on Bintan Island. Set in unspoiled nature on the northern coast of Bintan Island, Mayang Sari Beach Resort offers the perfect haven for a brief respite or a long weekend. Wake up to fresh sea breeze and the lush beauty of a tropical beach. Each air-conditioned chalet is equipped with modern amenities and also has an attached bathroom and a private veranda that commands either a garden or sea view. *Mayang Sari Beach Resort guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Odigeo, Cancelon, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, Fastbooking, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwan Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Lagoi
- Mayang Sari Beach Bintan
- Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Bintan
- Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi