This is part of the Nirwana Gardens complex on the north coast of Bintan which involved an hour's ferry ride from Singapore. The complex is very much developed to a standard higher than the rest of the island with water treated to a good standard, a reliable electric supply and security around the resort.
We first went to Mayang Sari 10 years ago and were blown away at just how picturesque and idyllic it was. Returning after that time, we found that the beach, it's setting and the atmosphere were just as we remembered. The scenery in the bay is just perfect, with white sand, warm sea water at just the right depth for swimming, beautiful palm trees and well kept grounds, you couldn't wish for more. Mid-week, when we went, is best because it is quiet without the larger numbers from Singapore who come at the weekend. At times it feels like you have paradise to yourself. It really is a great place to relax and unwind. The weather is typically 30+ and generally a welcoming light breeze, although thunder storms occur every so often but are quickly over.
As reported by other reviewers, the chalets, whilst OK, are showing signs of wear and tear and the ravages of a tropical coastal climate. Everything worked in our chalet (do go for a sea view one for the best experience) and it was well serviced by the staff. Whilst the rooms have pretty much all you need, it doesn't pretend to be 5 star. The air conditioning was welcome on really hot days and we had no trouble with mosquitos although the room had a mosquito repelling device and they supplied some cream also. Whilst the room would have benefited from a refresh, we really didn't care because it was perfectly comfortable and the beach and surroundings just dominate the experience.
Breakfast is served in the central building of Mayang Sari and it to has splendid views over the beach and a virtually limitless choice. Fresh fruit, yoghurts, salads, cheeses, cooked items (full English without pork items of course), omelettes, pancakes, bread, cakes, pastries, cereals, juices and tea and coffee and for the more adventurous curries and local dishes.
The staff are all very friendly and so helpful and we felt very welcome from the moment we arrived. They also kindly arranged a transfer to another resort for us at the end of our stay.
There is a good range of restaurants in walking distance within Nirwana Gardens (or customers can use shuttle bus around the complex). Our favourite was the Japanese Restaurant although it was a little more expensive than the others.
There are organised excursions available for half or full days but these usually need to be booked at least one day in advance. Surprisingly, the receptionist in charge of excursions was not as enthusiastic and helpful as the rest of the staff. There are plenty of other sporting activities in the Complex, like archery, snorkelling, jet skiing, banana boat, canoeing or elephant shows and rides.
Whilst prices are more comparable to Singapore than the rest of Indonesia, they are still reasonable. We even tried the laundry service which was very good and cheap which is worth knowing if your luggage space is limited or you are in the middle of a long holiday.
Mayang Sari is definitely the best resort in the Complex for the beach, swimming, and tranquility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leave the world behind as you cruise to Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan - a rustic resort tucked away in a pretty little cove on Bintan Island. Set in unspoiled nature on the northern coast of Bintan Island, Mayang Sari Beach Resort offers the perfect haven for a brief respite or a long weekend. Wake up to fresh sea breeze and the lush beauty of a tropical beach. Each air-conditioned chalet is equipped with modern amenities and also has an attached bathroom and a private veranda that commands either a garden or sea view. *Mayang Sari Beach Resort guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Nirwana Gardens Mayang Sari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwan Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Lagoi
- Mayang Sari Beach Bintan
- Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Bintan
- Nirwana Gardens Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi