Went to Mayang Sari wtih my 2 very young kids (2.5 yrs & 1 yr) and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. They loved going to the beach every morning and there's plenty of space for them to run around the room. The shuttle bus around the Nirwana hotel operated every half hour so we could move around with relative ease.
Food option is extremely limited in Mayang Sari so we had to hop over to Nirwana for more options. Food is extremely expensive, especially Rin. It was such a rip off. Breakfast was ok but do not expect much from it.
Find ourselves running to the main resort for facilities more often than not so it's actually better to stay at the main resort. Mayang Sari would be great for couple's retreat or those who would be enjoying sea sports the entire day.
Beach was really clean and the water was cool despite it being 2pm in the afternoon. On a weekday it's really like a private beach. I didn't run into any sandflies or oil problem. Not sure about the beach on the hotel side though.
The wooden floor is chipping so if can be painful when I trip over the broken portions. Bring bedroom slippers to safeguard your feet. Might not be used to the stone flooring of the bathroom so get slippers to walk in the room and bathroom.
Overall a pleasant stay. Will be back when the kids are older. Probably staying in Nirwana hotel for convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leave the world behind as you cruise to Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan - a rustic resort tucked away in a pretty little cove on Bintan Island. Set in unspoiled nature on the northern coast of Bintan Island, Mayang Sari Beach Resort offers the perfect haven for a brief respite or a long weekend. Wake up to fresh sea breeze and the lush beauty of a tropical beach. Each air-conditioned chalet is equipped with modern amenities and also has an attached bathroom and a private veranda that commands either a garden or sea view. *Mayang Sari Beach Resort guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Fastbooking, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Nirwana Gardens Mayang Sari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwan Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Lagoi
- Mayang Sari Beach Bintan
- Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Bintan
- Nirwana Gardens Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi