Club Med Bintan Island
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Angsana Bintan(Bintan Island)
Very Good 4/5
Banyan Tree Bintan(Bintan Island)
Great 4.5/5
3,632 results
All reviewscircus teamchef de villagewaterfall restaurantspecial thanksaqua aerobicsnightly showsfriendly gosflying trapezemichael jacksonfamily holidayray rayspecial mentiongreat holidaynew friendsevery mealbintan islandfree flow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2010

just had 5 nights at the Club Village with my 3 children ( 14 - 11- 6 ) and it was just fantastic . My wife and I had been to Club Med Bali & Noumea and this time we went back with our children to a family holiday .. The kids loved it so much they didn't want to leave ... the whole Club Med concept is excellent value ( we spent more money in 2 days in Singapore on food the you can beleive ) ... The open bar and all day dining is great value , the activities are excellent and the all you can do holiday was just what we wanted.
The rooms are nice and suit the area , nothing over the top , clean , well set our and quite spacious , the setting is beautiful , the beach is the best I've been to in all of Asia and I've travelled to many Asian beach resorts. The staff are just fantastic ... they love what they do, they love the Club Med lifestyle and relay it to their guests , there is just so much to do , you'll have trouble trying to fit it all in , thats after you've had buffet breakfast , buffet lunch and dinners , there is so many choices not only in the restaurants but in the whole village .
If you want an all inclusive quality holiday with lots to do or nothing to do then go to Club Med Ria Bintan ... with kids in tow it was the best value holiday we've had especially with a 14 year old who eats like an adult...... This is a 5 star resort and a 6 star holiday destination . The whole process operates like clockwork... from the ferry transfer from Singapore to the arrival back in Singapore...it all works and works well...If you have 5 day spare while in Singapore do yourself a favour and take a trip over to Club Med Bintan

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank currieinc
Reviewed August 16, 2010

One of the most amazing weekend we spent in SE Asia.

We were treated really well by Club Med's staff, and the fact the the whole weekend was a free flow of food and alcohol was great. The private beach of Club Med is among the best I have seen in the region, and it is very clean.

Definitely a must see!

Karim H

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Pros:
Service - Staff very well trained/responsive/pleasant and easy to deal with.
Kids Club was very active and had interesting events
We had a renovated room - hard to believe it was renovated just 6 months ago but it was large, clean and had great views.
Beach was lovely - I'm no fan of Bintan beaches and was pleasantly surprised.
Plenty of equipment (canoes, catamarans etc) available for use

Cons
The FOOD. Average average average. Especially breakfast which is surprising. We stayed 3 nights and from a dining perspective we cdnt have stayed a minute more.
Only 2 restaurant spaces. One is very basic canteen style and pretty depressing. The other has a great ambiance but the menu is very limited and the buffet was often tired.
Hard to feed small kids at their meal times as main canteen closes for a huge chunk of the afternoon. Fine for kids who eat later but the rest of our kids were pretty hungry!
Kids Club had same activities every day (ok for 3 days but not if you stay much longer).
Some Kids Club staff were great but several were surly with the kids - maybe been doing the job too long. Others hadn't been doing the job long enough and were bit clueless as to how to interact with kids.
Unrenovated parts of resort and plumbing were pretty tired.
Mattress in the baby's cot was mouldy!
Rooms could be noisy - we were on ground floor and I was woken several times at night by scraping of furniture from room above - poor insulation?
Poolside was crowded - no umbrellas/lounges left by 9am!
No kid friendly pool - strange for such a kid friendly place.
Club Med staff in Singapore handling the booking process made the process far more difficult than it needed to be plus booked us on the wrong ferry which couldn't be changed as it was a holiday weekend and all ferries were completely booked.

Despite some drawbacks, if you're looking for a kid friendly getaway and aren't too concerned about your dining experience, its probably your best bet on Bintan - but its no bargain.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

"I am Famous" , That's what my 7 yrs old son shouted out after he finished the GongFu performance with GOs. We would never expected that Jason, my son would have such a good memorable experience in Club Med Mini Club. Beside all day long activitis, Jason also could show his telant in the big stage, what a amazing thing ClubMed offered. We really like to thank all Mini club Gos, expecailly Miss Emily who recommended Jason on the show. Also Mr Denny, Miss Natalie and Mr Bren who performed with Jason.
We will back for sure!!!

1  Thank cissycai
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I am a teenager. I travelled to club med Bintan with my mum and my younger brother. The G.Os there were mainly bilingual and so there was no problems communicating at all.
We were occupied during the stay, but still having lots of time for ourselves. Teens club is fun and outgoing. We did activities like, archery, kayaking, sailing and many more. The sports are unique and we hardly get to do. We also learn some basic skills of the sport at the same time we are having fun! The things to do there as a teen is a lot. Courtney, who has been in charge of the teens club, always hangs out with us. As she is around our age, we can communicate easily, she is a great dancer and is very open. She is a party animal and stays up until very late. We had loads of fun with her and we also became good friends!!! Every night, she will party with us till we are exhausted. She is a wonderful G.O! We also met new friends through teens club. We even exchanged contacts and emails. I will definately go back to Club Med Bintan and am looking forward to my next trip!
Sally:)