Club Med Bintan Island
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Angsana Bintan(Bintan Island)
View Hotel
Banyan Tree Bintan(Bintan Island)
3,631 results
All reviewscircus teamchef de villagewaterfall restaurantspecial thanksaqua aerobicsnightly showsfriendly gosflying trapezemichael jacksonfamily holidayray rayspecial mentiongreat holidaynew friendsevery mealbintan islandfree flow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had a blast at Club Med Bintan. Although this place is ideally for families (with kids 4 - 12 yrs old in my opinion), the warmth and service of the GOs made this trip such an exciting one. Firstly, the generous spread of food and desserts is going to make you want to come back for seconds, hence gaining a few pounds post trip is inevitable. Apart from an array of Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Western delicacies, the effort put into the presentation of this food is well appreciated. One can even visit the Terrace Restaurant to have a romantic meal overlooking the beach.

The most amazing thing was the stamina of the GOs - while they had to oversee activities - windsurfing, archery, golf and circus, they still participated in the daily entertaining 9 pm shows and had to rehearse for the next day's shows at midnight.. These indefatigable warriors never showed their exhaustion and were so sociable/photogenic and even went the extra mile in showing us magic tricks.. Special shout out to Leo who not only taught us tennis patiently but in the newly opened Karaoke rooms, he was a hoot to be with. His impression of Adele is one not to be missed as he can easily reach the high notes.. We also had a great time with Robert, Nat, and Alex for the watersports as they gave us the confidence to sail, kayak and surf out on our own..

I was also impressed at the different themes I experienced each night.. Night 1 - Miniclub theme night where we were treated to the cute and lovely performances of the kids.. Night 2 Casino night/Michael Jackson/circus night - croupiers/ chips, cards were all brought out to revamp the Santai area to a classy casino.. Night 3 - Sports night as Olympic medals were dished out to the winners of the Olympic games held earlier in the day. Night 4 - Opening ceremony of the Karaoke bar, not to mention the sportmanship of the GOs who enthralled us with their silky dance moves.. MJ, Gaga, Pink, Rihanna reprised their roles and added gloss to the opening of the Karaoke rooms..

If there was one bad point about the trip, I would say it's the small flat screen TV in the room but with abundance of activities in the resort, there wouldn't be a need to hole up in the room for the FOX and HBO movies.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mervsng
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just came back from a 5D4N stay over at the resort. Let me try to break down the whole experience.

Ferry: The resort is 45 mins by ferry from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. Do ensure that you upgrade to Emerald Class for an additional S$21 per seat per way. It makes the whole check-in process hassle free. There is a lounge for you to rest and relax before boarding the ferry. You will be the last to board and first to alight from the ferry, hence when it comes to custom check-in, it is much faster.

Transfer to Club Med: Look out for the Club Med counter which is near to the exit. You will be given a luggage tag, the next time you will see your luggage will be when you are in your room. This also means that you will be assigned a room when you are at the counter. The bus will wait for all passengers to arrive before leaving to the resort.

Upon arrival: There was a huge fan-fare greeting our arrival and you will be served with a glass of cold drink which is perfect for the weather. There will be a briefing for different languages before the assigned GO usher you to your room.

Our Room: After reading so much about the room, we have mentally prepared ourselves for the condition. Yes, it is a bit old and tired but you are in Club Med, who stays in the room!!! Personally, I find that the room is acceptable.

My husband is quite sensitive to dust and he was sneezing non-stop when we were in the room. He called for housekeeping to clean the room again. The housekeeping staffs were very prompt and cleaned up the room while we were having our lunch.

Our block is near to the main building as well as all facilities and it has a lovely view of the beach. Some reviews wrote about having to walk a long distance to the main building. To be frank, the blocks are not too far away from the main building, a quick stroll of 3 mins is all you need.

Restaurants: There are 2 main restaurant in the resort. Buffet Style at the Waterfall and ala carte at La Terrasse.

La Terrasse offers a fantastic view of the South China Sea. It opens late for breakfast 1000 till 1100. Lunch 1400 till 1730. Dinner starts at 1845 and you have to reserve if you would like to have your dinner there. Reservation starts at 700 at the Waterfall. Maximum number of pax for the restaurant is 100.

Waterfall opens at 0700 till 1015 for breakfast, lunch 1200 till 1415 and dinner 1830 till 2100. It offers good and wide selection of buffet, the quality of food is quite good as well.

I prefers Waterfall to La terrasse as there are more variety of food available.

Watersports: Do reserve your slots early as the places are quite limited. Even though reservation starts at 900, you can see a queue forming at around 850. We've tried the wind surfing and snorkeling.

A big thank you to Alex for being so patient and clear in your coaching. We had great fun in wind surfing.

As for snorkeling, do not expect clear water and tons of fishes. Visibility is poor and the corals are dead. Do bring along some bread to feed the fishes.

Mini Club: We traveled with our 2 year old child and we decided to leave her with the Petit Club for one of the day. Petit club is chargeable at S$25 for half a day and S$50 for a full day. The activities lined up for the club is quite comprehensive and my girl enjoyed herself for the day.

We had a bad encounter with some of the GOs in the petit club and this accounts for the Very Good rating instead of the Excellent rating. In order to register the child for the petit club, you have to open an account with the check-in counter at the main lobby ( do remember to bring your credit card along). I opened an account and registered for my child the day before. On the actual day, I was told by one of the GO, that there is no more vacancy as I did not make payment when I registered. I was quite taken aback as I did ask the GO who did my registration regarding the payment and all she did was to take a look at the credit account. I've the whole day planned out and now I've to cancel all my plans just because the GO did not inform me to pay. The GO who was on duty in the morning also didn't really help and all she could say is you did not make any payment. Luckily, Stephanie, the petit club supervisor came and acknowledge that it was a mistake on their part and agreed to let my child to be part of their programme.

Even though we had a bad encounter, I must applaud the GOs for the fantastic job in coming up with the mini club show and kept all the kids involved. Well done GOs.

SPA: The SPA has a daily promotion. If you are interested for some massage, do check with the staff at the SPA counter (near to the check-in counter) for more details. We took the buy 2 get 1 free offer for a 1.5 hour massage. We paid S$280 for the whole massage which I find that it is quite reasonable. The room has a great view of the sea. Do not take the afternoon slot as the room can be quite stuffy and warm due to the afternoon sun.

On the overall, we enjoyed out stay and a BIG THANK YOU to Mel and her team. It has been a memorable stay and we do look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Kampar block is the nearest to all activities BUT it can be very noisy at night. Jati has a lovely view of the Sea but it is the furthest away.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank syann
Reviewed June 14, 2013

An all-inclusive beautiful resort, games, meals, drinks, activities, classes, etc. Lots of activities for adults and children.

Rooms are average but some parts of the resort are seriously in need of upgrading. Food quality is average and can be improved.

A truely Club Med experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ahber79
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was the first time I've been to Club Med, and I was really impressed.
We were greeted by the Chef de Village, Mei, and several other GOs waving and cheering and offering us tea (I think).
Our GO, Benji, then took us to our room, which I feel was pretty nice. The toilet was a little dirty, but that’s really a minor thing. Just a tip, there isn’t any conditioner provided, so bring your own if you use it.
I’d recommend the trapeze, snorkeling and archery, these are a must-try at CM Bintan, since they are, after all, not easily available and cheap, at least in Singapore.
Water sports are also generally fun, but do remember to go there at 9 SHARP, or even earlier to book activities. A queue forms at around 10 minutes before registering time, so do take time off breakfast to go down to the booth. Take note of the registering times for lessons and snorkeling.
In terms of the other activities, there aren't really many that are unique, unless you're interested in the biking, which Benji described as being pretty tough. It's quite a climb to the sports centre, where tennis, squash, basketball, badminton and archery is held. I was fortunate enough to chance upon a elephant ride on my last day there, which was short but fun. Yoga's good, too.
Hydration is generally provided all around the resort, with ice cold water at the beach (a huge relief when the sun's shining down on you during windsurfing theory) and bars and other coolers stationed wherever they're needed. The bartenders are a little slow sometimes, though. Try having a lime juice, soda water and mint leaf combination. Trust me, it's really refreshing.
It's more of a beach resort with some activities than a fun/activity-filled holiday, so it's great for families to relax and de-stress either at the pool or beach, which has wonderful fine sand that gets really hot when the sun is out.
Food is good, though I wouldn't recommend the restaurant La Terrace, which is really more about ambience than food. It only has some Indonesian dishes that aren't particularly good or outstanding, so I'd still recommend the International restaurant. The speciality dishes (e.g. Lamb Shoulder/Leg, Fish, Beef, etc) are a must-try, so don't neglect them. Try to sit at the left wing of the restaurant, which seems newer. Mix the juice and Sprite for a nice sparkling drink.
I can't comment much on the GOs, since they move around, but they were really friendly and helpful, always ready to greet you with a smile and a "hello". I stayed when most GOs had just arrived, so a lot of them had only worked for about 5-6 weeks.
When we left, the GOs again sent us away with their clapping and waving, but what was really touching was the GOs that worked with the teens/mini/petit club chasing the bus and waving. I wasn't in any of the clubs, but the extra-effort was touching and appreciated.
Overall a wonderful, slow-paced trip. I'd recommend going for, say, 4-5 days, which should be just about enough to cover everything. I'll definitely recommend CM Bintan to families, but not really for young adults looking for pure fun and adventure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Club Med Bintan is the best holiday resort we've ever stayed in! - Darrell
My parents, my brother's family (2 toddlers) and my family (3 older kids) stayed there for 4 wonderful nights. We thought these 5 day/4 nights were enough, but it was really too short a holiday.We would have loved to stay 1 or 2 nights more!

This was our very first time at a Club Med.We had heard so much about the great times our friends have had at Club Med and thought it was about time we tried it. We are amazed by the sports programmes, the food, the drinks, the entertainment programmes & the exceptional hospitality of the fantastic staff!

The staff at the CM office at the ferry terminal was very friendly and we were pleasantly surprised when we were passed the room keys so early in the morning (9 am). After the short bus ride to the resort, we were more surprised at the welcome waiting for us! We have never ever felt so welcome at any other hotel/resort. I loved the cool fresh towel and the drink to freshen us up.After introductions, we were ushered to our rooms by the GOs Rendi and Piw who were answered all our questions easily.

We then proceeded to the Santai Bar, where we spent many hours throughout our stay.The wonderful GOs Prakash, Olivier, Diana, Fahri, Joni & many others were very friendly and served us exceptionally.

We also enjoyed our buffet meals at the the Waterfall restaurant, chatting with the executive chef Simon Lau, the friendly servers James, Ravi and countless other servers. The choice of food was phenomenal, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Korean, Western, the cheese bar with humongous block of parmesan, the huge salad bar, the dessert bar and drinks including beer and wine!Wow!
I also liked the informal practice where the GOs would mingle and eat with us. We were a little apprehensive in the beginning, but Leo was so friendly and entertaining with his magic balancing tricks!Now that I think back, I was actually wondering why he was "fidgeting" with the toothpicks and the tablecloth. But we all enjoyed it, and my kids were always trying to copy and learn the trick. Haha!

Leo was also very helpful at the tennis courts! My 10 year old son enjoyed his intermediate lessons with Leo and he improved quite a bit under Leo's tutelage.The rest of us tried the beginner's class and Leo made it simple and easy for us to pick up the strokes.

There are so many GOs to show appreciation to. Jayrate was great at the archery range, great fun! Primo and crew at the snorkel trip, fantastic! Edward, Tommy and others at the sea sports hut, great job! Daud, we had a great soccer game at the coconut grove.
The 3 Super helpful and encouraging GOs at the trapeze, didn't catch your names. There was the tall Caucasian dude and the 2 super fit & tan ladies.

The nightly shows by the GOs and the kids were so fun and enjoyable. I could see the enthusiasm of the kid's GOs in front of the stage too!Awesome job from all GOs.

My dad had an unfortunate accident on our 2nd day when he tripped at the stairs fell and had a big cut on his forehead. The housekeeping staff nearby were most helpful in providing assistance and calling for help. The GO Reuben was on site and quickly helped call for aid from the in house doctor. Throughout the incident, there was always at least 1 GO beside to offer assistance. When Reuben went to get a wheelchair, he responsibly got the help of another GO (the fit and tan Asian lady from the trapeze) to stay to offer help. At the infirmary, Dr Olivia cleaned up the wound and stitched him up (9 stitches) then dressed the wound. Grade A job from the infirmary!All GMs, GOs & staff are in great hands of Olivia!The staff also showed genuine concern after the incident!

When we were leaving the resort, quite a few GOs came up to send us off.We had great conversations with Leo, Daud, Bjorn, Bono, and many others including Mei the chef de village.

Mei was so friendly and could be seen around the whole resort, seeing to things and mingling with GMs.Thanks again Mei for all your help on our rooms!

When it came time to board the bus, we did it unwillingly. We had thoroughly enjoyed our stay at CM Bintan and it was hard to bid farewell. My 3 kids were on the bus waving to the GOs lining the road out, and even I felt a tinge of sadness leaving. We will definitely stay in Club Med in the very near future!

• Stayed: June 2013