The Canopi(Lagoi)
$94
$179
$126
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$152
$85
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

$82
$486
$474
Travelocity
3,856 results
All reviewscircus teamchef de villagewaterfall restaurantspecial thanksaqua aerobicsnightly showsfriendly gosflying trapezefamily holidaygreat holidayspecial mentionevery mealbintan islandfree flowrestaurant managergreat familymain building
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I was already thinking of leaving the first day i arrived and told myself i will not be back, but now im not sure....

I was at the resort from Jun 3 to 6, with my husband and my 4yo and 2yo. I look forward to the trip as it will be my first oversea trip (without taking into account my Sentosa trip two weeks ago) after my holiday 6 years ago. And it will be my kids' first oversea trip so i really look forward to spend time with them at the resort! But my high spirits was dampen the very first day we checked in....

Here's my review:

BAD news first:
1) ROOM - We've booked the Superior Sea-view room. The room was quite run-down. Stain and dust can be seen everywhere - from walls, lamps, wardrobes, furnitures and skirtings. Even the phone handset has stain. Found stain also on the mattress cover (including the baby cot's cover), as well as on towels. I was telling myself its 'probably ok' , but when i saw the 20-30 tiny bugs, some moving and some remain station on the bathroom wall near to the towel rack, i almost collapsed! I dont know what they are, but thinking of my kids, i tell myself i just cant stay in such a room! Immediately i relate my dissatifaction on the room cleanliness to the reception. (And when i was calling them on the phone, i saw another 10 over bugs on the wall near the table). I requested to change room. But the reception suggest to let the housekeeping take a look before making a switch. The housekeeping staff came with a bottle of 'Baygone' but how can i let them use this when i have kids in the room! Besides i believe there must be somemore in the room, even if he kills those visible on the walls. I insisted for a change of room. They eventually arranged a Deluxe Sea-view room - a complimentary upgrade. I viewed the room before switching and decided later not taking it as there is not much difference in terms of the cleanliness, though they said they have clean it before my viewing. At the same time, i also viewed their Deluxe Terrace room, which according to the reception, its been renovated last year. I still see stains on the furnitures, mattress cover and towels, but at least i didnt see any bugs on the walls. Thus, we eventually accepted the Deluxe Terrace room, bearing the extra cost ourselves! After wasting so much time on calling, viewing and moving, we just want to get on with the holiday....

The room has great view but the terrace is simply not useable to us as the deckchairs are not in good condition plus many crawlies around. So we thought we are paying the extra for nothing.

2) Still on 'ROOMs' - Our original booking was for TWO (connecting) superior sea-view room. Why two rooms? As the singapore agent said because there is four of us, we need to stay in two rooms. Even if we were to book a suite, we still need to book two rooms. We cant put an extra bed in the room (?)....strange to us. Thus, we put our toddler in the cot, with my husband sleeping in the room with him and i sleep with my daughter in the other room. I'm thinking of the extra cost we paid and wonder if there is any different in fare if all of us stay in the same room.

3) PEST CONTROL - we have ants and lizards visit us in the room, though luckily they didnt come in troops. Also, the impressive SPA experience was a little 'depressed' when i saw ants cawling in the shower area.

Now, the GOOD news:
1) G.Os and STAFFS - What changes my mind about returning to the resort? Its none other than the warm, friendly and happy GOs and Staffs!
The staff welcome us warmly upon reaching and again send us off warmly when we leave! I wrote this review on the very night i returned home and their warm touches still makes me want to tears :,(
Whenever we go around the resort, we were greeted with friendly hellos and beautiful smiles :) The whole atmosphere is very family-like....its like a visit to your family friends' villas.....

Special thanks to Wenny, Cindy, Ben, Eng, 'Ice-cream', Ghazzo, Fiz and all the mini club G.Os that make my children feel so welcome in the club.

2) MINI-CLUB for 4 to 7yo - my 4yo was with the club for a day. She enjoyed very much and i am amazed with the enthusiasim and energies of the G.Os. They seems to have magical power and is capable to put together programs in very short time. We didnt put her at the club again as i have concern over the ratio of G.Os vs Kids when they were at the beach. My 4yo is probably the youngest in the group and im doubtful if she can be well taken care of with the limited number of G.Os. On top of it, i felt that one of the male G.Os may be a little too touchy on her for my comfort. May be its ok for the westerners but as an asian and she being a girl, i just dont feel comfortable.

3) FOOD & BEVERAGES - SUPERB! and its available all the time! I especially love their apple juice, salads, roast pork, gong bao chicken. My husband loves their chocolate ice-cream (he had it at every meal!). My kids love their fish fingers, mashed potatoes, and ice-cream of course!

4) SPA - the SPA was renovated last year and its indeed beautiful with spectacular view! the therapist that massage for me was skillful too! Only qualms was probably the music in the room - good if can tune down a little....

5) BEACH - beautiful sand and view! rain came on our second morning and when we went to the beach after the rain, we saw many hermit crabs to our children's delight! Also, upon a kind mummy's tip-off, we saw many beautiful fishes near the rocks and we got some toast from the restaurant for our kids to feed them. Its quite an experience for us!

6) Activities and Entertainment - lots of activities and night entertainments. They had Mini club Disco and my children enjoyed very much! The next night they got all the mini-clubbers to do a dance performance and all the mummy and daddies went crazy! Their nightly show was good too! We watched the 'Circus' show on the first night - very impressive! My husband watched the 'Michael Jackson' show the second night - very entertaining according to him too! We gave the 'Comedy' show a miss the third night as the kids were too tired. The one-hour show is at local time 9pm which means Singapore time 10pm - its too late for my young kids.

In my view, the 'hardware' is dissapointing but the 'software' save the day and its them that makes the whole experience special!

Will i return? May be....if i can get the best room in the resort (minus the 'visitors')....

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank LoveWawa
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We have been living in Asia for 2 years now and have stayed at many beach resorts and hotels throughout the region. I have never before been inclined to write a review until now. Just back from 6 glorious days at Club Med Bintan and I want to tell everyone about it. From the minute we stepped off the ferry our every need was taking care of. I was worried the team of GO's would be too "in your face" but no they were great. A team of friendly, professional, motivated, knowledgeable and very talented people helped make our holiday very special. The food was excellent. Fresh and beautiful displays day after day. I have never been a buffet person until now. I can not fault any of the service we received from every member of staff. The hotel itself is set in a beautiful location right on a fantastic beach with crystal clear water. There are so many activities to try you would never get bored. The kids club were fantastic with my reluctant at first 5 year old who at the end we had to drag away. What more can I say? Well done Club Med. Our only problem now is do we go back to Club Med BIntan or do we try Bali, Phuket, Cherating............

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This is my 2nd stay at Club Med Ria Bintan together with my wife and my 11 years old son, and we certainly enjoyed our time here right from the day we arrived. We were greeted by Jeff and collegues and guided to our room by Made. What impressed us most are the warmth and friendliness of the GO and the Management Team, from Merlin the Village Head who authorized late check out for us, Gazo our brother from Singapore who made sure that he joined us for breakfast on our last day and took the trouble to pack for us a local delicacy "leleh penyet", Kori the jovial character, Sam who always want to make sure we are OK with the food, Made, Nyoman & Tisna who shared with us about their native Bali and many more names that we sure will remember for a long period of time. Keep it up mates, we will sure be back to Ria Bintan.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room sea facing Room 1301
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This is the first time I took my boys aged 4 & 6 for a holiday which was not only far away from home but also the long duration and they loved every bit of it. The people, the clear sea, clean beach and the best was the kids corner that they had at the Saitai bar where "PARENTS ARE PROHIBITED". I'll certainly go back again when I have the chance.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I found this to be an absolutely fabulous holiday experience. Even though I went on my own and this Club Med caters extensively for couples and families with children, I still had a great time. The food was excellent and the choice was extensive. The range of activities was excellent but it was the GOs that really made this a memorable holiday. From Merlin (the Chef de Village or GM (I called her the magician because she is one) to all the other GOs, they really went out of their way to ensure everyone had a fantastic experience. So thank you Jeff, Eva, Thiodor, Kori (tennis next time), Nick, Sarah, Rachel (amazing costumes!), Miho (Leeally!!), Pablo (archery was great),Made (wish I had time for golf), Sharron, Joanne, and apologies for those I missed. You are all wonderful!
I WILL BE BACK!!! Alex Judzewitsch