Club Med Bintan Island
Angsana Bintan(Bintan Island)
$147
$109
3,632 results
All reviewscircus teamchef de villagewaterfall restaurantspecial thanksaqua aerobicsnightly showsfriendly gosflying trapezemichael jacksonfamily holidayray rayspecial mentiongreat holidaynew friendsevery mealbintan islandfree flow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We have been living in Asia for 2 years now and have stayed at many beach resorts and hotels throughout the region. I have never before been inclined to write a review until now. Just back from 6 glorious days at Club Med Bintan and I want to tell everyone about it. From the minute we stepped off the ferry our every need was taking care of. I was worried the team of GO's would be too "in your face" but no they were great. A team of friendly, professional, motivated, knowledgeable and very talented people helped make our holiday very special. The food was excellent. Fresh and beautiful displays day after day. I have never been a buffet person until now. I can not fault any of the service we received from every member of staff. The hotel itself is set in a beautiful location right on a fantastic beach with crystal clear water. There are so many activities to try you would never get bored. The kids club were fantastic with my reluctant at first 5 year old who at the end we had to drag away. What more can I say? Well done Club Med. Our only problem now is do we go back to Club Med BIntan or do we try Bali, Phuket, Cherating............

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This is my 2nd stay at Club Med Ria Bintan together with my wife and my 11 years old son, and we certainly enjoyed our time here right from the day we arrived. We were greeted by Jeff and collegues and guided to our room by Made. What impressed us most are the warmth and friendliness of the GO and the Management Team, from Merlin the Village Head who authorized late check out for us, Gazo our brother from Singapore who made sure that he joined us for breakfast on our last day and took the trouble to pack for us a local delicacy "leleh penyet", Kori the jovial character, Sam who always want to make sure we are OK with the food, Made, Nyoman & Tisna who shared with us about their native Bali and many more names that we sure will remember for a long period of time. Keep it up mates, we will sure be back to Ria Bintan.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room sea facing Room 1301
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This is the first time I took my boys aged 4 & 6 for a holiday which was not only far away from home but also the long duration and they loved every bit of it. The people, the clear sea, clean beach and the best was the kids corner that they had at the Saitai bar where "PARENTS ARE PROHIBITED". I'll certainly go back again when I have the chance.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I found this to be an absolutely fabulous holiday experience. Even though I went on my own and this Club Med caters extensively for couples and families with children, I still had a great time. The food was excellent and the choice was extensive. The range of activities was excellent but it was the GOs that really made this a memorable holiday. From Merlin (the Chef de Village or GM (I called her the magician because she is one) to all the other GOs, they really went out of their way to ensure everyone had a fantastic experience. So thank you Jeff, Eva, Thiodor, Kori (tennis next time), Nick, Sarah, Rachel (amazing costumes!), Miho (Leeally!!), Pablo (archery was great),Made (wish I had time for golf), Sharron, Joanne, and apologies for those I missed. You are all wonderful!
I WILL BE BACK!!! Alex Judzewitsch

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Alexander J
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Our party of 11, spanning 3 generations of the family ages 3 to 73 just got back from a 5 days holiday in Club Med Bintan. Everyone had a great time. We were particularly impressed with the Chef de Village, Merlin, and her energetic crew who made every effort to remember everyone and their personal preferences. For example, the bartenders at the Santai bar would offer my Mom her macchiato with low fat milk every morning, and Merlin would greet almost every guest by name throughout the day. Special thanks also to Ghazzo, Joanne, the restaurant, circus, sea sports and Santai bar GOs cause that's where we spent most of our time. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family