Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club
Angsana Bintan(Bintan Island)
$148
$111
Agoda.com
All reviewsmana manaferry terminalmini zoothe main hotelnirwana gardenfree shuttlebintan resortswater sportsjet skibanana boatkelong restaurantresort centrepoolside restaurantcalypso barmain lobbyclean beachpleasant stay
Reviewed October 19, 2008

We stayed at the beach huts at Nirwana Beach club which are the cheapest places to stay. The staff were very helpful and let me pay for only one extra child even though I had three with me.
The hut had air conditioning which was silent and made it lovely and cool. Shame there is no kettle but there was water in the fridge and lots of white fluffy towels. I did get alarmed at ants in the shower room but after a quick spray no more came in the three nights we stayed there. The room was clean and evey day someone came to make the beds and wipe the floor.
It's quite noisy at night with all the bugs and animals!
It is really excellent value, especially since we could use all of the hotels pools, the snooker table, bars etc. Oh and the beach is just fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank familyplus
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We stayed around 3 days and 2 nights, Hotel location is good and very less recreation activities, it is really not encouraging. Food is not good and service sucks. Attitude is very poor in hotel service and in restaurants, they won't encourage you to revisit. It is not even worth for one time visit. We expected Indonesia to be cheaper than Singapore, but it is not. People who enjoy swimming can make a trip, swimming pool is lovely, kids will enjoy a lot. Sight seeing, they will literally suck the money out, not worth it. Overall, don’t make a mistake of going to Bintan, unless you have some money and don’t know what to do with it.

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank mailsilky
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We stayed in one of the cabanas at the beach club for five nights, we enjoyed our stay. The room layout was good and we had no complaints about cleanliness or cleaning of our room. The air contitioning with the fan was effective in keeping the room at a nice cool level.
We ate at most of the food outlets on the nirwana complex there was plenty of choice. The best being the kelong restaurant which was excellent, the other restaurants were very good as well. You can use all the facilities within the nirwana complex during your stay.
The beach clubstaff are friendly and helpful we found nothing was too much trouble for them to help you. The transportation to and from the Singapore ferry was excellent.
The beach area was great and with lots of watersports to enjoy or just laze about which ever you choose to do. On Friday and Saturday evening there had a live band on stage(pretty good) and afterwards a disco til 1am this was in the bar area on the beach.
We visited the mangrove swamp on an organised trip this was a nice ride out and also hired a taxis to take us to tanjung pinang for a day, bewarned this is a long journey one and a half hours each way and the road condition is not brillant in places. We were not impressed by this town but you may feel differently if you visit the place.
To sum our stay up we really enjoyed visiting this island and the resort we would recommend the nirwana beach club to anyone as there was water sports, walking trails, swimming pool, lovely beaches so you can be active or just relax.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank fox01
Reviewed January 20, 2008

I was at Nirwana gradens for the weekend to celebrate my birthday. The reception staff were very nice. They upgraded our room, FOC knowing that it was my b'day. The staff were all very friendly and approachable. The resort had a beautiful pool, very good restaurants, and has many facilities. You could even rent a buggy around.

If you go there, you should eat in their Dino Bistro restaurant, cos the food is very nice. Spa was great.

However, i did not like the room very much. The bathtub wasn't very clean, and the room wasn't as nice. My sister thought it was nice though.

So if you plan not to spend too much time in your room, and will be busy with the array of things you can do within the resort, then do consider this resort. But if you are expecting a beautiful room to spend the night in, do give this resort a skip.

However, great resort for families with kids, cos they would love the pool. So this is more of a family resort, so couples, do not spend your honeymoon here.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetheplanetearth
Reviewed November 29, 2007

I have to say the resort as a whole was very nice. When you stay at the beach club you have acess to the facilities at the rest of the resorts which is great. The main hotel is only a 2/3 min walk from the beach club, and they have a great pool and nice restaurants to use. I spent all of my time over there then at the beach club. The rooms at the beach club could use some upgrades, mainly linens and better furniture. It had a bad musky smell to it too. The bathroom however was clean, which is the most important to me. The staff was wonderful though. I was a single woman travelling by myself and they were very nice and made an effort to talk to me where ever I went.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo