Stayed in standard rooms. Room is basic. No room service, no phones, no hair dryers, old & worn out rugs, no comfort, you will get a big list of no's. But, that said, it has aircon, a old remote less tv, a nice sofa (i ended up sleeping in sofa both the days somehow the bed wasnt comfy for me), simple bath. Aircon in one of the room was noisy after 30 minutes of being ON. The intent is clear, do not be seated in your rooms, there are activities just out on the beach. The Nirwana Resort Center is just up the path behind the rooms, dont bother going down to the lobby & waiting for shuttle, resort center is closer walking behind the path. You can travel to other hotels in the resort for food. Staff were nice.
Excellent for people looking for a village like stay. The place is surrounded by bushes, trees, a rivulet, a lake, mini zoo, some monitor lizards & maybe monkeys & snakes. Pleasant for some but may not suit all. I liked the location as it was. The resort bus takes you from the ferry terminal, so don't worry about transport. Visit the mini zoo. You need to walk about 15 minutes for breakfast to the Nirwana Hotel, didnt like that waking part much but food was good. They could consider having a couple of shuttle services from this resort at that time period.
Travel around June. Year end & Jan (North East Monsoon period), etc are time when there were a lot of sea weeds & you will hate life getting into water during that period. In June, the beaches were perfect, clean, few corals & rocks and you can be lucky to see a few fishes & crabs swimming with you. The beach is very mildly sloped & hence you can get quite a good distance before the sea reaches a deeper area. Pick the life jackets from Sea actvities center if you have people afraid of getting into water. Try the jet ski, snorkeling, kayaking or just relax on the sea side benches. Snorkeling tour wasn't really good. The depth was too low & water very turbid. On overall, for first timers, it is ok, since you have guys around you who will make sure you are safe & go in the right direction.Try the in-room spa service. The Sea sports were all expensive.
Pricey but gives you the long awaited beach vacation you deserve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the water's edge of Indonesia's Bintan island, Nirwana Beach Club welcomes you to the ultimate rustic beachfront hideaway. Indulge in a variety of water sports, nature and the timeless traditions of a village-style living. Feel your spirits lifted amidst the spacious thatched-roof chalets, sunny beaches and a blue ocean, savouring relaxation and a boundless choice of tropical activities. Guestrooms at Nirwana Beach Club come with modern Thai interiors and wooden flooring. Each well-appointed room is equipped with a refrigerator and TV. Hot shower facilities are in the private bathroom. *Nirwana Beach Club guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, ACCOR, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Beach Hotel
- Nirwana Beach Club
- Nirwana Beach Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Bintan Island/Lagoi